(((((SAN DIEGO THREAD - POST ALL SD INFO HERE)))))

pete carroll officially not interested unless he wants to bust some nick saban BS:
Quote:
Chargers | Carroll not interested in team's head coaching position
Fri, 16 Feb 2007 11:31:08 -0800

Scott Wolf, of the Long Beach Press-Telegram, reports USC head coach Pete Carroll has said he is not interested in being the San Diego Chargers' next head coach. Some took Carroll's silence about the position as a sign that he could be interested, so the successful USC coach came out publicly to say he plans to stay where he is. "I just got tired of answering questions about the NFL, because there's always a follow-up question from (the media), no matter what I say, so I decided I wouldn't say anything," Carroll said. "I wasn't looking at it. I like where I'm at. I'm not going anywhere."
F/S: Size 10.5 Beams x Creative Recreation Cesario High Black/Ostrich

^

I knew it was a pipe dream.
TeamLakers
LAKER FANS, FEELIN' YOU!​
"It's the length of one day, one half, one shot clock. This number is my promise, to dominate every moment." -Kobe Bryant​
The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1​
4L8O15S16T23!42

Quote:
Anyone seen any Spiz'ikes left on the shelves in SD?
TeamLakers
LAKER FANS, FEELIN' YOU!
"It's the length of one day, one half, one shot clock. This number is my promise, to dominate every moment." -Kobe Bryant
The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1
4L8O15S16T23!42

i'm sure a lot of us won't like this if it happens, myself included.

Quote:
Chargers | Turner the favorite for head coaching position?
Sun, 18 Feb 2007 22:25:30 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the San Diego Chargers appear to be leaning towards San Francisco 49ers offensive coordinator Norv Turner as their next head coach. The Chargers are talking to Turner as if they are looking to hire him. Sources say Turner is leaning toward hiring former defensive coordinator Ted Cottrell to run the team's defense. Cottrell worked in the league office this past season. Chargers general manager A.J. Smith had talks with Turner late Sunday, Feb. 18, and even talked contract figures with him.
F/S: Size 10.5 Beams x Creative Recreation Cesario High Black/Ostrich

Quote:
i'm sure a lot of us won't like this if it happens, myself included.

I'm with you D.W.A.I.

It's official Chargers fans, we have taken a step back.

Marty > Norv

If you think otherwise, you lack football knowledge.

Quote:
The San Diego Chargers have their new head coach and it's the man everyone thought was going to be head coach of Dallas.

FOXSports.com has learned that the Chargers have tabbed 49ers offensive coordinator Norv Turner as their new head coach. Turner went to San Diego late last night to work out a deal with the team.

General Manager A.J. Smith held talks with Turner late last night and ironed out a deal. This morning Turner informed his current boss Mike Nolan that he did in fact have the job and was moving on.

FOXSports.com first reported the Chargers direction at about midnight Sunday.

In addition to Turner, sources contend that Turner is leaning toward hiring Ted Cottrell, a long-time defensive NFL coach, to run the Chargers defense. Cottrell worked in the league office this past season but is one of the best minds in the league in running a 3-4 scheme.

Oddly, early yesterday based off of different information, Rex Ryan appeared to be the leading candidate to get the job. What or if anything happened to change that remains to be seen.

Turner was long assumed to be the man the Jones' boys hired to replace Bill Parcells as head coach but the Cowboys sent Turner back to the Bay without a new job or a new title. That title and job may now come three weeks later in the best city in American to "have to" work in sunny San Diego.

Turner was the Charger's offensive coordinator for LaDainian Tomlinson's rookie year and now will be in charge of an offense that needs to find even more ways for Tomlinson to work his magic.

Turner was extremely close to the Cowboys gig that eventually went to Wade Phillips, the man Cottrell may replace in San Diego now.

Calls to Smith and Turner were not returned.

Here's a fun fact about our New Head Coach and Former Offensive coordinator.

Quote:
When the Oakland Raiders fired head coach Bill Callahan following the 2003 season, owner Al Davis hired Turner to replace him. Turner went 5-11 in 2004, followed by a 4-12 record in 2005, and was fired on January 3, 2006. During Turner's two years with the Raiders, he managed only one win against his division, the AFC West an offense that, in 2005, included All-Pro wide receiver Randy Moss.
TeamLakers
LAKER FANS, FEELIN' YOU!
"It's the length of one day, one half, one shot clock. This number is my promise, to dominate every moment." -Kobe Bryant
The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1
4L8O15S16T23!42

i call BS on this move. this is disheartening to any Bolt fan...
NEED LIST: Undefeated Dunk, Pinstripe Blazer, De La Soul Hi Dunk, GM Vandal (size 9.5 or 10)
For Sale: Purple Patent Avenger Dunk sz10, Reebok Answer V sz10 blk/blk, Jordan XIV blk/red sz8
TEAM SD MEMBER #31

I kinda like it. I really wanted Rex Ryan but I like it.

Forget his track record. Forget what he did to the Raiders cuz they suck anyway. He now has a team he can work with that can WIN.

Ted Cotrell is expected to be named the DC sometime this week.

A lot of people don't like this move but we gotta deal with it.

Quote:
I kinda like it. I really wanted Rex Ryan but I like it.

Forget his track record. Forget what he did to the Raiders cuz they suck anyway. He now has a team he can work with that can WIN.
TeamLakers
LAKER FANS, FEELIN' YOU!
4L8O15S16T23!42

Who did you want? Norv is a proven loser and if we were to take a coordinator they are to be unproven as well. Either way, we were f'ed anyway when Marty was fired.

Quote:
Who did you want? Norv is a proven loser and if we were to take a coordinator they are to be unproven as well. Either way, we were f'ed anyway when Marty was fired.
TeamLakers
LAKER FANS, FEELIN' YOU!
4L8O15S16T23!42

i hate this rain. :rolleyes
eyes.gif

"New York set trippin and flaggin, got the Westcoast laughing, now Esco's asking what happened?"
-NaS

SouthEast Daygo - National City - Los Angeles - Philippines - The Pacific Rim

Let me get this right Norv Turner? Norv Turner? I dont know how you Charger fans do it!!!

The rain isnt that bad unless you have to drive in it. A 20 minute drive this morning took me 35 mins, I couldnt see jack crap!
City of SD"Clack Clack Clack Clack Clack"

Well he's done good so far. 1 day on the job and he has Ron Rivera as the linebacker's coach.

Cottrell sounds like a good pickup too since he's a 3-4 kinda guy, but we'll have to wait and see before I can make a real judgement.

And back to Norv. Never was really too fond of him but I guess I have to now since he's the head coach. I was more of a Rex Ryan fan, but I'm just a fan of an organization thats headed by the Spanos', so I've learned to live through dissapointment.

Oh well. It's the Norv Turner era now. I very well may be eating my words come the regular season, in fact, I hope I'm eating 'em come the regular season. Welcome to San Diego Norv. :\
ohwell.gif
CHARGERS, PADRES, LAKERS<----- I'm a fan of them, not a hater of others.

This is a GREAT development if you think about it.

Norv can handle the HC responsibilities as he has in previous jobs and make calls as the OC (directly or through a do-what-I-say hire). Norv runs a very balanced system, he understands he has the ultimate RB like he had in Dallas.

Ron and Ted will handle everything on the defensive side, Ron will help Shawne and company develop and mature and instill some pride in our secondary. Ted will handle the play calling and organizational duties.

AJ may be a genius after all.
All of your twelve are belong to us.

Back
Top Bottom