SA's top 10 gaming consoles

now THIS is a true top 10.... only gripe i have with the list is that game boy advance is in the top 5, while N64 is number 7.� Discuss

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

This had to be made before the Wii, PS3 and 360 came out

Even so I don't see how the wii or ps3 or eventhe 360 could be on that list yet
eyes.gif
Yes the graphics are superb butthey've yet to establish their legacy in gaming. That list is pretty on point although I believe the original xbox and dreamcast should've been inthere as well.

dreamcast was number 10... i think it should of been up higher..smh GB advance at number 5 ? riiiiiiiight
eyes.gif

i knew someone would say this, and even though all three of those are great consoles, i'd take the sega genesis, or snes, ornes with their entirelibraries before i'd even consider those.

Crap, what was that game for Genesis where the lil guy switch helmets and became different people? There was one that had a jason mask and he had a machete.

Originally Posted by NyCbOiQnZ

Even so I don't see how the wii or ps3 or even the 360 could be on that list yet
eyes.gif
Yes the graphics are superb but they've yet to establish their legacy in gaming. That list is pretty on point although I believe the original xbox and dreamcast should've been in there as well.

the DS made its legacy its first year out.

the 360 + xbox live support = the best online gaming experience.

and the ps3... well... ill edit this after metal gear releases.
laugh.gif

Good list.
pimp.gif

And I don't think that this list was made before the 360/PS3/Wii came out, because when talking about the PS2, they said that it's still one of the topselling consoles seven years after its release. Well, it came out in 2001, so you do the math. But, I do agree with others in here that the 360/PS3/Wiihaven't yet left their imprint on the gaming world.

much better list, but i still have my gripes.

XBox has to be on there, and there should only be 1 portable. Sega Genesis, NES and SNES have to be top 3 IMO. then PS1, N64, XBox, Gameboy, PS2, Atari andWii.

my list would go:

NES
Sega Genesis
SNES
-------------
PS1
N64
XBox
Gameboy
PS2
Atari
Wii

Originally Posted by NyCbOiQnZ

Even so I don't see how the wii or ps3 or even the 360 could be on that list yet
eyes.gif
Yes the graphics are superb but they've yet to establish their legacy in gaming. That list is pretty on point although I believe the original xbox and dreamcast should've been in there as well.

Exactly. I think that's a good list. It doesn't put too much emphasis on origins or beginnings but gives more weight to mass appeal and gamelibrary.

Originally Posted by georgehimself

Crap, what was that game for Genesis where the lil guy switch helmets and became different people? There was one that had a jason mask and he had a machete.

Kid Chameleon
pimp.gif

Dynamite Headdy?

splatterhouse.

Back
Top Bottom