Say It Ain't So.....vol. Elmo

NEW YORK (AP) —The puppeteer who performs as Elmo on "Sesame Street" is taking a leave of absence from the popular kids' show following allegations that he had a relationship with a 16-year-old boy.

Sesame Workshop says puppeteer Kevin Clash denies the charges, which were first made in June by the alleged partner, who by then was 23.

In a statement issued Monday, Sesame Workshop said its investigation found the allegation of underage conduct to be unsubstantiated. But it said Clash exercised "poor judgment" and was disciplined for violating company policy regarding Internet usage. It offered no details.

At his request, Clash has been granted a leave of absence in order to "protect his reputation," Sesame Workshop says. No duration for the leave was specified. Clash has voiced and animated Elmo since the 1980s.

:smh:

Last edited:
sick.gif

mean.gif

:smh: :smh:

yall should check out BEING ELMO: A PUPPETEER'S JOURNEY, i believe its on netflix stream

I don't know this all seems incredibly suspect, 8 years later and now you have a problem? What's age of consent in Cali?

EDIT: Found it.

:smh:

..and I didn't know he was black. :smh:

Last edited:
I never liked Elmo anyway. Never understood why he was the breakout character. I find his voice annoying. I much prefer Cookie Monster...before he got clean, of course.

I never liked Elmo anyway. Never understood why he was the breakout character. I find his voice annoying. I much prefer Cookie Monster...before he got clean, of course.

Cookie monster was 70s -80s babies

Da count & oscar da grouch were my favs.

Elmo appealed to them kids in class who sniffed glue..

All cutesy fluff, no content.

Im not sure what the accuser wants. It isnt like he was an impressionable child. Also clash said it was between 2 consenting adults ( age in NY is 17). So I'm just trying to figure out the reason for all of this. I think it's been well known that Clash was gay, even though hes married and has a kid

Im not sure what the accuser wants. It isnt like he was an impressionable child. Also clash said it was between 2 consenting adults ( age in NY is 17). So I'm just trying to figure out the reason for all of this. I think it's been well known that Clash was gay, even though hes married and has a kid
i didn't know he was gay til 2day...not that it matters.

i didn't know he was gay til 2day...not that it matters.

I dont think he's come out, but if you have seen any interviews or just the way he carries himself, and internet rumors, it isnt a huge revelation. Plus he admits to having a relationship, but also they were adults

Cookie monster was 70s -80s babies

Da count & oscar da grouch were my favs.

Elmo appealed to them kids in class who sniffed glue..

All cutesy fluff, no content.

I never understood the fascination with him either but before they focused so much on him, sesame street was great especially from mid 80s to early 90s

anyway I hope hes not guilty

The guy who plays Elmo is a genuinely funny guy.

I think this video is apropos.

And this video is equally hilarious. Ricky Gervais introduces Elmo to a dwarf. The ending kills me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom