Scammer Alert Ebay Transaction Help Needed

idk why but these stories still amaze me. all that experience and feedback and people still try to scumbag. I have some kaws companion figurines I was just about to put on ebay but I am having second thoughts.

eBay makes it extremely easy for people to scam/steal if you've been around long enough. It's actually disgusting

I've asked for his contact number since the other one was out of service.

He mentioned in a recent message that he took my shoes to a flight club and they didnt accept it because they were "fake". Still hasnt posted tagged pictures of the shoes.

Also spoke to an ebay rep and they said if nothing is resolved they'll step in on the 21st. I'm 100% they'll side with him.

Don't listen to the idiots that claim that there's nothing you can't do. Was in the exact same situation last week and won. Make sure to act fast.PM me and I'll let you know what to do

Dude is a deadbeat. This is why I believe eBay should have never gotten rid of being able to leave feedback for a buyer.

It allows scammers to scam and worst case scenario for them is getting a full refund. SMH.

Dude is a deadbeat. This is why I believe eBay should have never gotten rid of being able to leave feedback for a buyer.

It allows scammers to scam and worst case scenario for them is getting a full refund. SMH.

Im pretty sure they still have that feature. My last few transactions have been aa a buyer and ive received feedback.

Just threaten him with what I said and see what he does.
Don't listen to the idiots that claim that there's nothing you can't do. Was in the exact same situation last week and won. Make sure to act fast.PM me and I'll let you know what to do

who's an idiot though?

its a known fact that eBay (we aren't talking PayPal here) sides with the buyer 99.5% of the time. any issues, any type of claim unless they say something wrong in a message to the seller or screw up, they're basically gonna win the dispute and the seller will be responsible for the return shipping. Ive been selling on eBay on and off for 15 years. Check eBay reddit if you wanna see all the scams people pull and how many times a seller gets screwed because of eBay buyer protection

Im pretty sure they still have that feature. My last few transactions have been aa a buyer and ive received feedback.

he means negative, a seller can no longer leave anything other than a positive

he means negative, a seller can no longer leave anything other than a positive

They got rid of that?? I havent sold anything in a while and the last time i did was no issues so i dont really remembwr if it was an option anymore.

OP try calling eBay and get in touch with an actual human. You've been selling for 10+ years. That means something to them in my experience. I've been selling for 16 years. They definitely recognize that, especially if you have a good track record.

Just threaten him with what I said and see what he does.

who's an idiot though?

its a known fact that eBay (we aren't talking PayPal here) sides with the buyer 99.5% of the time. any issues, any type of claim unless they say something wrong in a message to the seller or screw up, they're basically gonna win the dispute and the seller will be responsible for the return shipping. Ive been selling on eBay on and off for 15 years. Check eBay reddit if you wanna see all the scams people pull and how many times a seller gets screwed because of eBay buyer protection
I've been selling on eBay for approximately the same amount of time.and just like everything in life, going the extra mile does works. Take photos of the item the moment before you put it in the box to be shipped as well as while it's in the box. Let the idiot scamming buyers snitch on themselves and use that as proof. I had them try and run said schemes on me in the past and when I legit went the extra mile, it has always worked out for me.

FYI, photographic proof of shipping especially video will NEVER be viewed by anyone at PayPal or eBay. They don't accept it nor is that considered proof, only person you will scare with that is possibly the scam artist if they aren't sure how the system will work and of course you threaten legal action.

in eBay/paypal eyes that proof means nothing as you could have switched it after your done recording, sent something else out. Theres no way for them to verify anything hence why they won't even view it if you brought it up.

I've used it and was even recommended to discuss that by eBay customer service. Tag the photo with the date and time

the rep didn't know what they were talking, about whoever views the dispute does not care. Its known, check around.

just like NDC representatives they say one thing when its the opposite.

just my opinion of course, you can continue to do it (have no problem at all. I actually do it as proof to the buyer themselves if they try to play games) but eBay and PayPal do not view that as proof for anything

Ok :lol:

Just going what what hundreds of people said and what's known by PayPal strictly and eBay as well and noted online

If it helped you cool but plenty of people have tried and denied so it's not like I'm spitting BS

Hopefully buyer just has buyers remorse or didn't know sizing and they are tight and sends you back the original pair.

Also if PayPal and eBay accepted date proof or video of you taking pictures of what you're sending out (which they don't) sellers would have a field day scamming people and sending garbage but taking pictures and video of the real item they claimed to send out... hence why that proof is no longer accepted since either party can lie and sellers would be scamming just as much as buyers

I heard that the whole video recording thing works and I also heard it doesnt work because they dont look at it. Might be a case by case basis I dont know.

I just dont understand how you have 200+ feedback 100% positive and are still out there tryna scam. Literally cant trust anyone at that point.

Of course this idiot has to live across the country too.

I kno someone else that got scammed for zeebs..he fell for the fake PayPal email

I just dont understand how you have 200+ feedback 100% positive and are still out there tryna scam. Literally cant trust anyone at that point.

Never know who you're dealing with. Dude was probably a straight shooter until he heard one of his homies flexin about how he copped a pair of ________ for free on eBay by buying them and returning a box full of used socks and getting a full refund.

I've had people try to do this to me, but I've gone as far as tracking them down on FB or Twitter, narrowing that info down to what school they go to, and then threatening to expose them to the school, PD, basketball coaches, etc. A bit extreme I know but I'll be damned if I lose out on both merchandise and money. Nope.

These kind of horror stories make me hesitant to sell high priced items on ebay, especially when they provide the buyer with so much more protection than the seller, no matter their track record and feedback.

Gonna stick to stockx for sneakers, but where would ya'll suggest selling high price clothing items like Supreme etc? I figured Grailed would have similar issues to ebay in regards to scammers.

Outside of some fake company that he used to run and his paypal email, there is zero information on this dude. No facebook, instagram, etc. Found a twitter but not relevant.

Back
Top Bottom