School me on AF1 Jewels

PEACE.

DIDN'T SEE OR HEAR ANY TALK ABOUT THE ZEN JEWELS, THE GREEN APPLE (not emerald) OR THE CLEAR JEWELS WITH CLEAR SOLE.. SO I THOUGHT I WOULD PROVIDESOME. THE GREEN APPLES HAD THAT KRINKLE LEATHER NOT THE SMOOTH THAT EMERALD HAS. ZEN JEWELS WERE BASICALLY CHROME/METALLIC. YEAH THEY ALL MINE AND IMIGHT BE MISSING A SHOE.. AND THEY NOT PERFECT. BUT UNLESS U WERE BORN WHEN THEY WERE AROUND THEN YOU WOULDN'T HAVE A CLUE. ENJOY. SORRY FORTHE BLUR PICS KINDA

PEACE.

I had the black caroline blue Jewel's back in 97, they were extremely durable, I liked them wouldn't say i loved them but compared to what they aredoing with the af1 today its just natural that people would seek out a unique better quality af1. Personally I hope nike never retro's these, because theywill disgrace the hell out of the shoe with crappy quality and a stiff midsole

Dag, yall took me back. I remember havin the w/ Metallic toe mids back in elementary. Would like to get my hands on the grey/white ones posted above
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by solaradreamer

I love my jewels....all DS size 12...I have many jewel pics I'll upload to the thread in the morning.

e9215ce8a3f73d4f6e2ec35ac05d5b70a3f58f2.jpg
04c3528ce30ca00bfe28348e41b4d416461fe75.jpg
34335f9be1d8ab7df94334f94483b37f7ddec79.jpg
ab6154e6a5f23f4dcd6a5170f0575e0a963a793.jpg
size 12??!?! Where was I when these dropped!!? :*(
frown.gif

^ probably in elementary school

but off the specific topic, does anyone have pics of the mids that came out in 97-98, 2 colorways, one was carolina blue patent leather around the edge of thetoebox, back part, and strap? the other one was the same except for black patent leather

HA! at the idea of him being "wrong".

Paul, you obviously know your @##@. But come on. Your Team AF1 thead has become canvas crazed. Of course there was always SOME demand for canvas. But if you don't think "hype" or perceived "exclusivity" has a lot to do with this recent explosion of Canvas AF1's, I think you're being a bit naive. Because there was never really THAT much demand for Canvas AF1's at all. Which is what many of us are saying about Jewels. The reason so many are available now if because cats we not really feeling them when they were initially dropped.

Yes, there are some great colorways. But there is obviously more to it than that. There are MANY great GR colorways. Yet they get no mention whatsoever. You don't see cats hyped to post pictures of the GR AF1's from '04 they just copped. Ever wonder why? I saw some cat who literally had only been "collecting" AF1's for 2 years yet he had mad Canvas, mad Jewels, mad CO.JP's. So does that person love AF1's, or moreso love the "exclusivity" he believes those sneakers
tired.gif
Yawn Honestly what was the point of this? I posted thatover five months ago and I dont really give a toss about the whole collecting thing anymore. I will say this though you think far too much its really quitesimple with the canvas AF1's the story is Jay and I started posting a few canvas highs that most people had not seen before and we were asked where to getthem simply because they liked the colour ways, Japan was the answer. Canvas AF1's were always popular and heavily hoarded in Japan so the supply is thereright? So its just like a new shoe being made ready availiable to you which is the reason you see them quite often nowadays. The high price tag comes fromJapan itself as vintage canvas doesn't usually go for cheap, The word hype is the most overated and over used bastard of a word on NT. I also find it funnythat you think so many jewels are availiable now, since when? I haven't searched in months but other than a few colourways they have been iritatingly hardto find for years.

I have never really thought or cared about 04 AF1's much because they were mostly bollocks to be honest and the quality had gone downhill by then, why buytodays GR's when the 90's were so much better? To sum it up though yes a few select people will buy vintage AF1's because of hype so they can showthem off on the internet for attention which makes them sad little ***** but not every one is that way so basically stop branding everything as being hyped itgets very tiresome.

Back
Top Bottom