School me on how to "fake" an ankle injury....

nerd.gif

Cause I fail to understand the latest episode of Kobe slander, especially when everyone saw how ugly he landed on his ankle the other night. I guess because he played decent a few days later then we gonna act like it never happened? I'm all for criticizing/praising players when due but I must admit when it comes to Kobe people stay reaching on both sides....even Barkley on Inside the NBA last night was saying that he was faking 
laugh.gif

nerd.gif

Cause I fail to understand the latest episode of Kobe slander, especially when everyone saw how ugly he landed on his ankle the other night. I guess because he played decent a few days later then we gonna act like it never happened? I'm all for criticizing/praising players when due but I must admit when it comes to Kobe people stay reaching on both sides....even Barkley on Inside the NBA last night was saying that he was faking 
laugh.gif

I think at the moment of the tweak, he was in pain. Then when the game got going again the pain probably subsided. After the game, it probably hurt a lil bit again, got the boot on their for precaution. All in all, I doubt that it was that serious of an injury. Maybe a low-grade sprain at worst. And I am sure going into game 5 it was still hurting a bit, but I'm also sure as soon as the game got going or when he got warm his ankle was fine.

I think at the moment of the tweak, he was in pain. Then when the game got going again the pain probably subsided. After the game, it probably hurt a lil bit again, got the boot on their for precaution. All in all, I doubt that it was that serious of an injury. Maybe a low-grade sprain at worst. And I am sure going into game 5 it was still hurting a bit, but I'm also sure as soon as the game got going or when he got warm his ankle was fine.

Adrenaline, my dude. Makes you forget all about the sprain (until it happens again).

Adrenaline, my dude. Makes you forget all about the sprain (until it happens again).

i hurt my ankle the same way two days ago. woke up yesterday and it was still sore and i will limping for most of the day. woke up today and it feels fine pretty much no more pain. depending on the severity of the roll/twist/sprain it can heel pretty fast. he wasn't faking but he also wasn't making nearly as big a deal out of it as everyone else was.

i hurt my ankle the same way two days ago. woke up yesterday and it was still sore and i will limping for most of the day. woke up today and it feels fine pretty much no more pain. depending on the severity of the roll/twist/sprain it can heel pretty fast. he wasn't faking but he also wasn't making nearly as big a deal out of it as everyone else was.

Originally Posted by abutta13

Derrick Rose, is that you
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by abutta13

Derrick Rose, is that you
nerd.gif

Alot of haters man.. just because he played a good game, everyone thinks he faked it..

And i dont even know why people think he would fake it, he actually got pissed off

When the media kept asking him about his injury..

Alot of haters man.. just because he played a good game, everyone thinks he faked it..

And i dont even know why people think he would fake it, he actually got pissed off

When the media kept asking him about his injury..

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

In this thread or in real life? 
Nobody is hating in here
laugh.gif

In this thread or in real life? 
Nobody is hating in here
laugh.gif

I'd just like to hear a good explanation of how it was fake. I know that sometimes criticism is deserved, but I agree that this argument last night is just straight up hate.

*Edit: It's just the way I make threads bro, I'm talking about Kobe's game last night.

I'd just like to hear a good explanation of how it was fake. I know that sometimes criticism is deserved, but I agree that this argument last night is just straight up hate.

*Edit: It's just the way I make threads bro, I'm talking about Kobe's game last night.

Not sure if "fake" is the right word, but a person sure as hell can exaggerate an injury.

Not sure if "fake" is the right word, but a person sure as hell can exaggerate an injury.

Dude said it wasn't serious. Dude didnt get an MRI. Dude didnt get X-Rays. Dude killed it last night.

The only reason people are mad is because he played well. Instead of giving someone props when they're due, everyones gotta find the negative in what he did. Not just on NT, but reporters, ESPN, Barkely, etc. It's kinda ridiculous to be honest.

Are we just gona forget about D.Rose? Nobody seems to want to talk about his bum ankle... don't act like he didnt jump out of the gym when he swatted Hibberts dunk attempt, running up and down the floor, handling the ball and making quick crossovers, etc. But he's not faking it right?
Edit-- For the record I don't think either players are faking their injury. It's unfair for us to even try and say how their ankles feel.

Dude said it wasn't serious. Dude didnt get an MRI. Dude didnt get X-Rays. Dude killed it last night.

The only reason people are mad is because he played well. Instead of giving someone props when they're due, everyones gotta find the negative in what he did. Not just on NT, but reporters, ESPN, Barkely, etc. It's kinda ridiculous to be honest.

Are we just gona forget about D.Rose? Nobody seems to want to talk about his bum ankle... don't act like he didnt jump out of the gym when he swatted Hibberts dunk attempt, running up and down the floor, handling the ball and making quick crossovers, etc. But he's not faking it right?
Edit-- For the record I don't think either players are faking their injury. It's unfair for us to even try and say how their ankles feel.

I mean the question I ask is when did Kobe himself come out and make it apparent that he was immobile and in terrible pain?

He left the arena on crutches per the Laker's training staff.
He refused to get it looked at or an MRI done.
His teammates and coach said he would be fine.
He came out and said he would play.
The Lakers listed him on the injury report per league rules.

The media blew it up like it was the end of days for the Lakers and then that +$%@ head Chris Brussard posted that tweet that he was done for the season. No where did Kobe come out and say "Hey look at me, I'm totally screwed I'll never be able to play again."

I mean just look at the Dallas game where he sprained it a month ago and came back the next game. No one was complaining about him faking then
eyes.gif

I mean the question I ask is when did Kobe himself come out and make it apparent that he was immobile and in terrible pain?

He left the arena on crutches per the Laker's training staff.
He refused to get it looked at or an MRI done.
His teammates and coach said he would be fine.
He came out and said he would play.
The Lakers listed him on the injury report per league rules.

The media blew it up like it was the end of days for the Lakers and then that +$%@ head Chris Brussard posted that tweet that he was done for the season. No where did Kobe come out and say "Hey look at me, I'm totally screwed I'll never be able to play again."

I mean just look at the Dallas game where he sprained it a month ago and came back the next game. No one was complaining about him faking then
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom