Science is a bunch of BS... yeah I said it!

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

Originally Posted by Mo Greene

51and3rd wrote:
MayhemMonkey000 wrote:
Are you saying you don't believe in black holes?... It's not Santa.

Not that, it's just how they said there is no way for the human mind to comprehend a black hole but yet they have an whole hour dedicated and millions of dollars spent in researching something we cant explain. It's just amazing that scientist are considered as some of the smartest people in the world off the strength of wild guess and zero facts. How can you explain a black whole when no one has ever been close to one. I thought science was fact based not faith based....

science is the science of explaining observations.

as a person with a science background, i speak for scientists around the world when i say you're an idiot.

LOL so that's you pitch.... Wow so I'm to take you serious because you explain things you see? So the millions of people who have seen "miracles" should be taken just as serious as scientist right. O I forgot, you got a degree the certifies your word as an observer? 

I think most of you are taking my post title a lil too serious. Not ALL science is BS. As someone with a scientific background you should know science has many different sides. And some sides are a complete waste of time.

They know but they are just slowly getting the public ready for our next big leap in this "information age".  You got to also take in the implications of what this kind of knowledge becoming mainstream would do to the world we live in. The point of that show and others like it is that they are putting it on your mind to start you devoting mental energy towards it. Once the Unified Field Theory becomes a broader topic for discussion, you will see the collapse of a lot of our present institutions of divided science. The general public has to be warmed up first...

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

%$%@+*% magnets
34ywnz8.jpg

Originally Posted by ikari XD

%$%@+*% magnets
34ywnz8.jpg
The first thing I thought about when I saw this vid was certain people on NT....I'll leave it at that.

Shoot half the time I have no idea how the internet or TV works...but I'm not gonna say it's bu%%$# cause I don't get it.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ikari XD

%$%@+*% magnets
34ywnz8.jpg
The first thing I thought about when I saw this vid was certain people on NT....I'll leave it at that.

Shoot half the time I have no idea how the internet or TV works...but I'm not gonna say it's bu%%$# cause I don't get it.
roll.gif

No one has ever seen an atom or subatomic particle yet modern chemistry, which has been proven right repeatedly, is based off their existence. And you don't need a sample of the sun to know what elements it is composed of. The light is enough (absorption spectroscopy)

No one has ever seen an atom or subatomic particle yet modern chemistry, which has been proven right repeatedly, is based off their existence. And you don't need a sample of the sun to know what elements it is composed of. The light is enough (absorption spectroscopy)

hold on let me run to my computer and use the internet to tell people that science is BS!!!

hold on let me run to my computer and use the internet to tell people that science is BS!!!

Ok so you don't agree with theoretical physics...

since it's theoretical I don't have any beef. But to say that science is a sham...
eyes.gif

I guess we'll just wait for the LHC to prove you wrong about Black Holes.But hey, at least you're not coming on here telling me that some dude with a beard rose from the grave, ascended from the sky, and will magically pluck a large amount of the world population off the earth leaving the rest to pretty much rot.

Ok so you don't agree with theoretical physics...

since it's theoretical I don't have any beef. But to say that science is a sham...
eyes.gif

I guess we'll just wait for the LHC to prove you wrong about Black Holes.But hey, at least you're not coming on here telling me that some dude with a beard rose from the grave, ascended from the sky, and will magically pluck a large amount of the world population off the earth leaving the rest to pretty much rot.

I'm really at a loss for words..

Scientists don't just state things without testing it.. That would be career suicide if they did...They do multiple trials and will not proceed unless they can be 100% sure of the findings to not lose credibility on the current research and in the future (and when they are not 100% certain, they will state that).. A scientists job hinges on 1 thing credibility and without it they have no career... And even when they publish their findings other scientists go out of their way to discredit them or to put it more politely test their theories....

And if the theory is tested correctly and then retested multiple times by others and they reach the same results it is fact... Until someone can prove it wrong or show fault....

Finally for a religious person (if I remember correctly, if not I apologize) that is a really big stone you are trying to toss..

I'm really at a loss for words..

Scientists don't just state things without testing it.. That would be career suicide if they did...They do multiple trials and will not proceed unless they can be 100% sure of the findings to not lose credibility on the current research and in the future (and when they are not 100% certain, they will state that).. A scientists job hinges on 1 thing credibility and without it they have no career... And even when they publish their findings other scientists go out of their way to discredit them or to put it more politely test their theories....

And if the theory is tested correctly and then retested multiple times by others and they reach the same results it is fact... Until someone can prove it wrong or show fault....

Finally for a religious person (if I remember correctly, if not I apologize) that is a really big stone you are trying to toss..

Back
Top Bottom