Sean Taylor dead at the age of 24.

smh.gif
@ ESPN for making a big deal about the journalists making a big deal about his on/off field problems. Dan Lebaretard was salty. Let the man RIP, talk aboutthe good times
smh.gif

I know everytime someone close to me has died, we don't talk about the persons problems in the past, we talk about our memories of good times.

I just want the Facts to come out, no more rumors, or pieced together agatha christie murder mysteries
i agree. im just sick of all the speculation. can we just please find out who did this? its only been almost 48 hrs and i already feel like wewill never find out who did this. whether ST's past circumstances had something to do with this or not... bottom line is someone came into his house andkilled him.
tired.gif

^thats they jobs tho. As long as they dont try vilify Sean about HIM being murdered and speak down or negatively about him, yall cant get mad at that, it iswhat it is.

My respect for Cris Carter went up I dunno how much (for those who's watching Inside The NFL), his eyes being watering up made my eyes water up,passionate.

And I wasnt aware of Mike Wilbon saying "I know people LIKE Sean Taylor...he claimed that enviornment, embrassed it, etc". %@+@ is that supposed tomean really? Stereotyping nice, that rubbed me the wrong way...

I know it seems like Im goin out my way to refute peoples theories but like everythin else, let the facts come to the surface. Seems like everyone is in a rush to be like "I knew it" instead of letting things play out. I can remember back to the Duke lacrosse case, when there was a huge thread of people crucifying the lacrosse players and I was like the only one that spoke out and said that it doesnt seem right and let the facts come out.
Nah i understand where you are coming from 100% im just trying to spark some discussion.
Like I said I dont know what I believe at this point. Im just thinking of possible scenarios and posting them on NT

I would like to know if there was any evidence of a struggle

Cause him being shot where he was shot makes me think a struggle may have took place or assuming the person knew they didnt intend to kill him.
But then at the sametime you can say how do you break a door down draw your gun aim and shoot at sean before he does anything? Unless you broke the door downplanning to shoot?

Sad part is I dont think we will EVER know what actually went down
tired.gif
Maybe if i knew i would feel a lil better about the situation dont mind me im just talking.

if you were a true taylor fan you would have been there from the beginning... if someone is going to buy their first taylor jersey then they shouldnt bother...they're only getting the jersey because he died. i understand if it's your second or whatever then thats good. i just hate how people are gettingjerseys just because he died... it's a damn shame that all his jerseys (authentic,premiere,replica,youth,baby) jerseys are sold out... if you're gonnakeep it as a keepsake then fine but for the people reselling this is to you
indifferent.gif
(im not saying anyone on nt here is reselling them). i've bought my SeanTaylor #36 jersey the month he was drafted.

im sorry guys im just very bitter about his death. he was my favorite player and i've always wanted to meet him. now i cant because of some selfish
censored.gif
censored.gif
had to
censored.gif
murder him... i really looked up to this dude.. no joke.

Jets' Coles reminded of himself by late Taylor

BY ERIK BOLAND | [email protected]

Laveranues Coles saw a lot of himself in Sean Taylor, the ******** safety who died Tuesday morning at the age of 24 after being shot by an intruder in hisMiami residence early Monday morning.

"He kind of reminded me of myself," Coles said Wednesday before practice. "He came in, didn't trust very many people. Just a very good guyonce you got through the tough shell."

Coles met Taylor in 2004, his final season with the ********. Taylor was Washington's first-round pick that season -- and fifth overall in the 2004 draft-- and Coles said the team wanted him to mentor the quiet rookie.

Related links

Taylor remembered as local hero in Miami
Former Hurricane Mira came to Taylor's aid
Sean Taylor through the years Sean Taylor through the years Photos
******** statement on Sean Taylor
Blog: R.I.P. Sean Taylor
Johnette Howard: Taylor's death forces us to question perceptions

"I was the guy they assigned to him when he first came in because he was just like me," Coles, 29, said. "He didn't talk to very manypeople. He had a wall put up."

The news of Taylor's death stunned players and the league overall. Stadiums will observe a moment of silence before all games Sunday and every player willhave a "21", Taylor's jersey number, on their helmets. Coach Eric Mangini opened Wednesday's news conference with thoughts about Taylor'sdeath.

"I'd just like to start and offer my personal and the organization's condolences to Sean Taylor's family," Mangini said. "Obviously,a tremendous tragedy. He was a great, talented young man, and it's just sad when these things happen. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and tothe whole ******** organization."

The "21" affixed to Coles' helmet will hold a deeper meaning for him than most. He was Taylor's teammate for the 2004 season and Coles saidthe two were "very close," staying that way after Coles returned to the Jets in 2005.

The shooting is still under investigation and some have speculated Taylor's past, which included a no-contest plea to two misdemeanors in June 2006stemming from a 2005 incident in which he pulled a gun, might have caught up with him. But by many accounts Taylor, since the birth of his daughter, Jackie, in2006 was changing for the better.

"I don't think he was struggling to get away from his past," Coles said. "I can't speak for what happened or anything that happened, butthe person that I knew was just a good person once you got to know him. Again, he reminded me so much of myself. A lot of people had their opinions about meuntil you actually get to know me and then it's like, 'Well, OK, maybe he's not a bad dude.'"

Coles' one regret was not keeping in contact with Taylor more regularly over the last year. The friends saw each other Nov. 4 in New York when the *******sbeat the Jets in overtime and Coles said Taylor playfully grabbed him from behind after the game.

"It teaches you about life and how we always take things for granted," Coles said. "In the sport we are in, you don't get the opportunity totell people that you truly care about them, that you love them, because it doesn't seem like such a macho thing to do. If I could say anything, it is toalways tell people that you love them when you have the opportunity because you never know when they are going to be gone."

Coles said later, "I'm not a real touchy person, but in a situation like this I basically wish I would have said more to him."

Originally Posted by sole lovely

if you were a true taylor fan you would have been there from the beginning... if someone is going to buy their first taylor jersey then they shouldnt bother... they're only getting the jersey because he died. i understand if it's your second or whatever then thats good. i just hate how people are getting jerseys just because he died... it's a damn shame that all his jerseys (authentic,premiere,replica,youth,baby) jerseys are sold out... if you're gonna keep it as a keepsake then fine but for the people reselling this is to you
indifferent.gif
(im not saying anyone on nt here is reselling them). i've bought my Sean Taylor #36 jersey the month he was drafted.

im sorry guys im just very bitter about his death. he was my favorite player and i've always wanted to meet him. now i cant because of some selfish
censored.gif
censored.gif
had to
censored.gif

I could understand you being upset about people just buying the jersey but come on. I've followed him since his U of M days and I liked his game.He's everything I wish I was when I played football. If I could've gotten his jersey I would have but try finding an authentic in New York City.I've searched the internet and only found Santana Moss. The resellers are pathetic, that's all that needs to be said.

Originally Posted by jrellcuse10

I could understand you being upset about people just buying the jersey but come on. I've followed him since his U of M days and I liked his game. He's everything I wish I was when I played football. If I could've gotten his jersey I would have but try finding an authentic in New York City. I've searched the internet and only found Santana Moss. The resellers are pathetic, that's all that needs to be said.

i feel you bro. i aint hatin on you. im talkin about the bandwagon people. the people who havent heard of him until now. i guess you could say the"hypebeasts" of the NFL in a sense

im not gonna lie and say i know ST personally, so i cant comment on his legal situations or the misconceptions
but i do know the guy i watched on saturdays and sundays was a straight up monster
Big Hitting, Ball hawking truly made him a beast as a DB.
its a shame that this man who had a bright future ahead of him and a daughter had to die so soon
he was on the brink of being a perennial pro bowler.
definitely a top 3-5 safety in the league.

RIP to Sean Taylor

So I gotta follow a player from his HS days in order to give my condolenses? Yall sound real dumb, doesn't matter if you just heard today, if your showinglove then thats all that matters

if you were a true taylor fan you would have been there from the beginning... if someone is going to buy their first taylor jersey then they shouldnt bother... they're only getting the jersey because he died. i understand if it's your second or whatever then thats good. i just hate how people are getting jerseys just because he died... it's a damn shame that all his jerseys (authentic,premiere,replica,youth,baby) jerseys are sold out... if you're gonna keep it as a keepsake then fine but for the people reselling this is to you
indifferent.gif
(im not saying anyone on nt here is reselling them). i've bought my Sean Taylor #36 jersey the month he was drafted.

censored.gif
censored.gif
had to
censored.gif

hope that wasnt in anyway directed towards what i said
tired.gif

Cops know for a fact this wasnt random. Zo Pound has Miami Dade PD corrupted, they move the most drugs in Port of Miami and never get caught with nothing, theygot the most dough and pay off people, read the history of MPD. Everybody in Miami knows who did it and also the murder of Bry. Just take a look at whatAntrelle Rolle said "They been following him for 3 years.", he knows the dudes who did, he wont say nuttin cause they will com for him too, they allcome back to Miami. Sad to say but this murder will go unsolved.

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

So I gotta follow a player from his HS days in order to give my condolenses? Yall sound real dumb, doesn't matter if you just heard today, if your showing love then thats all that matters
smh.gif

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

indifferent.gif

censored.gif
censored.gif
had to
censored.gif

hope that wasnt in anyway directed towards what i said
tired.gif
Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

if they have some sort of charity event involving ST #21 jerseys ill cop for sure

no way man... i hope they do have that charity event. i'm all for it.

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

Cops know for a fact this wasnt random. Zo Pound has Miami Dade PD corrupted, they move the most drugs in Port of Miami and never get caught with nothing, they got the most dough and pay off people, read the history of MPD. Everybody in Miami knows who did it and also the murder of Bry. Just take a look at what Antrelle Rolle said "They been following him for 3 years.", he knows the dudes who did, he wont say nuttin cause they will com for him too, they all come back to Miami. Sad to say but this murder will go unsolved.
tired.gif
That's so frustrating to hear.
tired.gif

Here is a poem by a 13 year old kid...

Sean Taylor
1983 - 2007

He came to us fresh,
A kid from the "U"
His ******** jersey
All shiny and new

A number one pick
Gibbs would take in the draft
A shy kind of kid
With a troublesome past

It wouldn't take long
For others to feel
The crushing blows
Of lightening and steel

His teammates would vote
And soon all would know
A leader was born
With the defense in tow

Trouble seemed to follow Sean
Wherever he would go
The press asking questions
And wanting to know

His life would change
With the birth of a girl
She had his smile
And big bouncing curls

The public would see
A new kind of man
A maturing new dad
In Joe Gibbs' plan

Little did we know
His life would soon end
His baby left fatherless
His team minus a friend

But Sean had to leave
This earth it would seem
You see, God needed a safety
On his football team

Originally Posted by Kobe BACK

Here is a poem by a 13 year old kid...

Sean Taylor
1983 - 2007

He came to us fresh,
A kid from the "U"
His ******** jersey
All shiny and new

A number one pick
Gibbs would take in the draft
A shy kind of kid
With a troublesome past

It wouldn't take long
For others to feel
The crushing blows
Of lightening and steel

His teammates would vote
And soon all would know
A leader was born
With the defense in tow

Trouble seemed to follow Sean
Wherever he would go
The press asking questions
And wanting to know

His life would change
With the birth of a girl
She had his smile
And big bouncing curls

The public would see
A new kind of man
A maturing new dad
In Joe Gibbs' plan

Little did we know
His life would soon end
His baby left fatherless
His team minus a friend

But Sean had to leave
This earth it would seem
You see, God needed a safety
On his football team

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

im not gonna lie and say i know ST personally, so i cant comment on his legal situations or the misconceptions
but i do know the guy i watched on saturdays and sundays was a straight up monster
Big Hitting, Ball hawking truly made him a beast as a DB.
i think 99.9% of people out there are in your boat...some just bigger fans/followers of ST...
it was always fun to observe the diehards go at the Roy Williams vs ST threads....

MOURNING TAYLOR:angry: The Saints signed a new tight end to their practice squad, and he happens to be the former high school teammate and college roommate ofslain Washington ******** safety Sean Taylor.

Buck Ortega played quarterback at Gulliver Prep Academy in Miami and both played and roomed with Taylor for a couple seasons at Miami when the two were incollege. They also began their pro careers together with the Washington ********.

Wearing a camouflage hat with Miami's trademark U-shaped hurricane symbol on the front, Ortega talked about his friendship with Taylor, defended hisformer teammate's reputation, then sat alone in front of his locker, his eyes watery, while he waited for team meetings.

Taylor, who was recovering from an injury, was shot early Monday at his Miami area home in what police so far have described as an attempted burglary.

"Just a sick feeling. You don't feel like eating. You don't feel like doing much. You just feel sick," Ortega said when asked about hisreaction.

Ortega said he was in the Miami area when he heard from his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, that Taylor had been shot. Rosenhaus was Taylor's agent and alsorepresents Saints cornerback Mike McKenzie, who like Taylor and Ortega is a Miami native.

Ortega said he went to the hospital where Taylor had been taken and knew as soon as he arrived that Taylor's situation was grave. Shortly after, he hadto leave for New Orleans, his latest stop in the NFL after Washington, Cleveland and Miami.

Ortega remembered Taylor as someone who avoided social scenes, preferring to spend his time with close friends and family. He bristled when reminded ofspeculation since the shooting that Taylor's personal choices had led him into associations with dangerous people.

"That's complete garbage. That makes me just as sick as this whole situation," Ortega said. "That someone's going to, especiallyafter he's gone, discredit him like that is garbage. If you knew him, which many people didn't know him personally, the stuff you hear just makes yousick."

Taylor was quiet, kept mostly to himself and was not the type to go looking for trouble, Ortega said.

"He didn't have any trouble. Trouble followed him," Ortega said. "Miami is a rough place. A lot of people get into trouble in Miami.It's not the greatest environment. Every instance I saw, trouble was following him. He wasn't getting in any trouble. He was a family man. He wanted tostay out of the public eye. He didn't have many friends, he'd rather hang out with his cousins or his uncle or brother or sister. ... His dad's agreat guy."

McKenzie said he, too, was in Miami while the Saints were off on Monday and Tuesday and that he plans to return for Taylor's funeral.

"It's very sad," McKenzie said. "That's a big loss for the league, for south Florida, for his family, everyone involved. ... It justbrings back to reality that life is so precious and that each day you have to be thankful."

on the radio, they were talking about how it wasn't just a home invasion robbery but possibly more. Taylor was robbed a little over a week ago and theyleft a kitchen knife on his bed.

They are saying that he was shot in the nuts and it was reported as a high leg, thigh injury out of courtesy. Some reports are coming in that he was shot inthe groin area.

sad.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/story/324797.html

Palmetto Bay, an upscale village of about 24,000 people that abuts Biscayne Bay in southern Miami-Dade County, was hit earlier this year by an uptick inburglaries. As of March, there had been 29 burglaries in Palmetto Bay, compared with 23 for the same period the year before, according to information providedto The Miami Herald at the time by former City Manager Charles Scurr.

Police arrested several suspects, including four teenagers, in connection with some of the burglaries, Scurr said.

Village Manager Ron Williams said he did not want to comment until Miami-Dade police released the latest crime statistics for Palmetto Bay.

Mayor Eugene Flinn said the village council's priority is to have police on the road. He said Taylor's burglary was unusual.

''I just don't think you can compare what happened here with a typical burglary,'' he said. ``This was not a typicalburglary.''

[h1]
[/h1][h1]
[/h1][h1]Taylor's death affects Steelers' Davenport[/h1]By Scott Brown
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Thursday, November 29, 2007

Steelers running back Najeh Davenport is dealing with the shocking death of Sean Taylor, his former college teammate.
Taylor, the Washington ******** safety, died Tuesday morning after being shot a day earlier in his Miami home by an apparent intruder.

A moment of silence will be held for Taylor before every NFL game this week.

Davenport and Taylor, who was 24, played together at the University of Miami. Davenport said he had recently exchanged text messages withTaylor.
"You get a bond with everybody you play with," Davenport said Wednesday. "It's like losing a parent when you have (the death of)one."
Davenport lashed out at the media for bringing up Taylor's past brushes with the law in stories about his death.

"This man lost his life because somebody went up in his house ... I don't have anything else to say," Davenport said.

Steelers safety Tyrone Carter grew up in South Florida and also knew Taylor.

"I see a lot of stuff happen that you don't understand," Carter said. "Guys these days, they value different things. To takesomeone's life for nothing, it's tough."

Rookie tight end Greg Olsen was a freshman at Miami during Taylor's final season with the Hurricanes.

"When I came in, him and (Kellen) Winslow were the main guys on that team," Olsen said. "You'd be hard-pressed to find abetter guy than him.

"I actually saw it on TV, 'Football player shot.' I walked up, saw that it was Sean, and I texted Drew (Rosenhaus), and he was atthe hospital with him, and he was kind of keeping all of us updated.

"The last message I got from him before I went to sleep (Tuesday) was that he was doing better and the whole thing about squeezing thedoctor's hand and all that.

"And then I woke up in the morning and had a text from Devin (Hester) just saying that Sean passed away. I couldn't believe it.It's terrible."

Back
Top Bottom