Seattle SuperSonics Thread

source: Offer that Maloofs rejected would have covered debt to NBA and Sac, but left a much smaller net sale price for team.
— stevelarge_cbs13 (@largesteven) January 10, 2013
that makes the half billion offer a little less impressive.... especially when they owe a combined 100-200 mil to the NBA/Sac 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

how the hell these idiots lasted this long as owners is mindblowing

ouch. DA has been spot on with the Kings over the years too
David Aldridge words on NBA TV (follow-up on what I said a minute ago) :

“I can tell you they are not going to sell the team around Burkle, and I’m not guessing on that one. I’ve got people pretty close that have told me that…” “If there are other people with that kind of money in the Sacramento area, that will pledge to keep them there they should step forward because it’s getting late….” “Once that (March 1st deadline) is set in place, I don’t see right now, anything that would stop that team from moving once they apply for relocation…I’m fairly certain the other owners would quickly approve that and the BOG would soon approve it in time for them to move by next season”

Probably because Burkle was part of what stood in little George's way to Anaheim. And he just wants to stick it to him, KJ, and the city of Sacramento.

Yeah, never underestimate these rich dudes and their grudges.

As others have stated in here I feel terrible for the Kings fans. That feeling of losing your team is definitely a horrible one.

Here's to hoping that if we do get the team Sonics fans and Kings fan can coexist. We won't be like those scumbag OKC fans who rub it in your face every chance they get that they stole our team away from us :smh:

If this news is true, I will never watch another second of NBA basketball.

It's completely unfair to us loyal fans. I've gone to every city council meeting to support the team and and the city. I was there at the "last home game" last year when they threatened to leave town. If this team leaves I will never support the NBA again.

The city stepped up to the plate and came up with a fair plan that was backed by the NBA to build a new arena. City leaders, local businesses, and the fans all stepped up. We did out part. There was even a buyer to keep the team in town. If the NBA relocation commitee and Stern approve this move after everything we did, I will chuck the deuces and say goodbye. We never did anything to warrant the way the Maloofs have acted towards this city.

Bottom line is, we don't deserve this. And if the NBA decides to approve this and let this happen then I say better for us because we wont have to deal with a shady business like the NBA again.

Last edited:
As someone who has said mostly bad things about Kings fans, I feel terrible for you guys. Ain't right.

Just started watching The Wire a few days ago and saw this scene. I couldn't stop laughing when I realized this is where yall got this gif from

Ha! I felt the same way. I had to replay it a few times after I saw it.

Anyway, regarding the relocation: I spent a couple years in the Seattle area and really enjoyed going to those Sonics games. I'm glad they'll get a team back, but I also feel bad for Sacramento. I feel like the term "small market" is a bit demeaning (and misleading) but cities like Sacramento usually produce the best, most passionate fans. I remember those early 2000 teams fondly. If this deal goes through I hope Sac-town eventually gets another franchise.

Oh no, the NBA is definitely partly to blame. Everyone knows there was a deal in place for a new arena just like there's one now for Seattle. KJ even said AEG is on board with the plan still if a new owner comes along. So, a new owner in Sacramento wouldn't have to structure a deal with a good one in place, plus they wouldn't have to pay relocation fees. Everything is set, we just need new ownership who wants to stay. Stern and co. know this so to let the Hansen-Ballmer group pry the Kings away is definitely shady.

This is basically our only pro league team being taken away from us. Other cities have had other sports to fall back on.

It's not a fun feeling. Now I'll have to hear about even more 'longtime' GSW and clipper and laker fans.

I'm just going to cheer for whichever team my boy Javale McGee is on :lol:

It's been a good run kings fans

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom