Secrets About Your Job...

Originally Posted by Nowitzness41

Originally Posted by SoleAsian

My boy is a driver for UPS and sometimes he gets packages with the word "fragile" written big on them. He tells me he tries to rough those up more than the usual boxes.
Your boys a jerkoff
mad.gif
why do so many of yall lack pride in your own jobs and lives? This country is going to hell man, and yall sitting here laughing about it- "ya, i do crappy work and im a loser, who cares"  Get The Eff Outta here

Not me bruh!!! i try to place every package nicley in the containers, i wouldn't like my @%%% to come all %%%#@+ up.... Also when stuff get out the package it just goes to this area called "Re-warp" and more than likely you wont get it... Other than that there's people who will read your magazines, open the clear package and sometimes bring them to the break room Lol... Aha one time a package opened up and it was this big bag of weed!!! had to be like some Lbs, that person must be mad he never got it!

Oxygen, what happens when yall find the stuff? I here about dudes taking packages all the time but hardly ever hear about
them getting caught.

Question:

My roommate had his bass guitar returned to our apt from the repair shop. FedEx was responsible for the delivery and the dumb +$# deliveryman left a $900 bass guitar at the doorstep. No signature required or anything..... It was stolen, but why wouldn't FedEx make it a signature required item?

FedEx employees, what can be done?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I work for fedex the person who sent it out should have made a signature required for and have put a value on it in case it got stolen or damage. If the person who sent it out didn't care for a signature to be required why would FedEx care? I would go after the person who sent it for not making it a required signature.

More on Finishline

-Depending on the manager of the store, employees might get multiple pairs of new releases before the customer. Concords dropped and my manager was a real corporate brown-noser. Only 4 employees could get pairs (keep in mind I worked at the largest FNL by sales volume on the west coast.) Pretty sure his boy who worked there scooped about 3 pairs though before anyone. One of my boys and I even got fired over that release because the manager was such a tool.

-We aren't allowed to tell you quantities of new releases, but most of the time its anywhere from 15-45 depending on store size and popularity of release.

-We are supposed to bring out 3 pairs per customer; The actual shoe, a similar style/colorway, and a lifestyle sneaker. So if you ask me for an all-black Lebron, I am supposed to take out something like a pair of all-black Crazy Lights and some Converse or PF Flyers.

-We are pushed like CRAZY by management to try and encourage you to buy cleaner/insoles/FNL socks. I was top 2 in sales of sneakers, but towards the bottom in accessories, and I heard about it daily.

-Due to Jordan releases being so hectic, we were REQUIRED to wear dirtier/less stylish shoes to pick up pairs in store on hold. Management felt you might get robbed if people thought you were an employee there picking up the newest release.

-Management as well as sales associates discriminate more towards less fortunate looking people. Not bringing out expensive shoes and lying about sizes, keeping closer eyes on them.

-8/10 times if you're looking at a $50 Reebok & a $120 Nike, we will bring you the Nike and say we are out of the Reebok, even though we have your size.

-Employees #1 commission item is those Power Balance bracelets. We make something like 20% off every one we sell, where as shoes are 1%

Originally Posted by famenycity1

GREAT THREAD

ill share some knowledge from multiple industries

AT&T- discounts on anything you want, i have the power to make you pay nothing at all for your cell phone service.....insurance is where the money is at
devil.gif
(used to own an AT&T store)

Nightclub- I make you pay $400 for a $40 bottle YOU LOSE, Police always have to be payed off, firefights also, as well as inspectors...or they will crush your business....big nightclubs in NYC like Pacha and Webster Hall have their own "house drug dealers". average cocktail costs about $1.25 to make and i sell it to you for $14. (partnered in nightclub)

Marketing Company- its not like Mad Men but sorta, we drink and smoke all day, and try to smash all the females....but basically companies are paying hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars for almost nothing. We outsource tons of work to India or Ukraine because designers and programmers are paid about 10% of what we would pay anyone in NYC. huge Clients are pretty much billed constantly even if we dont do anything. We billed P&G $15,000/week for about a year for "upkeep of ad's" (which basically means we did nothing) (worked in NYC AD Agency for a year)

Cars- Working through brokers will always get you a better price, dealers are lying to you 90% of the time. I can do wonders with boosting your credit rating, but i will still tell you your a lower tear to make more $$$. Million other secrets I cant say. (partner in a car dealership)

My uncle has crazy hookups in the governement and has the abilty to get you a new passport in less than a day for a good fee, not the 2+ weeks it takes usually.

Just to let you know anyone can get a passort in a day. There are companies that specialize in express pasports. They charge a pretty hefty fee though I think its 250 on top of the fees.

Originally Posted by Dwadefan

More on Finishline

-Depending on the manager of the store, employees might get multiple pairs of new releases before the customer. Concords dropped and my manager was a real corporate brown-noser. Only 4 employees could get pairs (keep in mind I worked at the largest FNL by sales volume on the west coast.) Pretty sure his boy who worked there scooped about 3 pairs though before anyone. One of my boys and I even got fired over that release because the manager was such a tool.

-We aren't allowed to tell you quantities of new releases, but most of the time its anywhere from 15-45 depending on store size and popularity of release.

-We are supposed to bring out 3 pairs per customer; The actual shoe, a similar style/colorway, and a lifestyle sneaker. So if you ask me for an all-black Lebron, I am supposed to take out something like a pair of all-black Crazy Lights and some Converse or PF Flyers.

-We are pushed like CRAZY by management to try and encourage you to buy cleaner/insoles/FNL socks. I was top 2 in sales of sneakers, but towards the bottom in accessories, and I heard about it daily.

-Due to Jordan releases being so hectic, we were REQUIRED to wear dirtier/less stylish shoes to pick up pairs in store on hold. Management felt you might get robbed if people thought you were an employee there picking up the newest release.

-Management as well as sales associates discriminate more towards less fortunate looking people. Not bringing out expensive shoes and lying about sizes, keeping closer eyes on them.

-8/10 times if you're looking at a $50 Reebok & a $120 Nike, we will bring you the Nike and say we are out of the Reebok, even though we have your size.

-Employees #1 commission item is those Power Balance bracelets. We make something like 20% off every one we sell, where as shoes are 1%
Alot of this is very true, especially being pushed to sell acessorites
grin.gif

Originally Posted by nawghtyhare

Originally Posted by JayHood23

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

just curious as to what agency you worked for.
my wifes been in advertising for 10+ years now and as far as i know, NO ONE just bills their clients arbitrarily for doing nothing.  Maybe packaged goods accounts are different, but with every client that my wife has worked on, there is a budget for EVERYTHING, every large expense has to be approved by the client,  they see everything.  On top of that, large accounts like P&G would be highly sought after by other agencies, and if their current agency was in fact billing millions of dollars for doing absolutely nothing, they would probably get wind of it sooner than later and put the account up for review and go with another agency.  I'm guessing that as an entry level employee who was there for 1 year you didnt really see or understand what was going on and just filled in the blanks to make for a good internet story.
Welp that's all folks

laugh.gif
DAMN
roll.gif

pimp.gif

Homie got aired out, damn!

Also, if you fall of the latter's getting shoes or whatever you can't sue Finishline or get any type of compensation 'cause you're not truly Full Time.

you dont really believe that do you?

I love when this thread pops up. So much useful info.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by outlaw8413

There's a guy that tips 15 on every order. he gets free soda, those little garlic cups, might even shave off a dollar or 2 just cause. You really do get what you pay for.
$15 tip for some chain pizza?
I have never tipped a double digit amount for fast food delivery, never even crossed my brain.

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

There's a guy that tips 15 on every order. he gets free soda, those little garlic cups, might even shave off a dollar or 2 just cause. You really do get what you pay for.
I have never tipped a double digit amount for fast food delivery, never even crossed my brain.

I'm saying, dude must have been rich AF...a couple bucks, fine...but a $15 tip better come with a six-pack or a nic bag.

More on Finishline

I believe every keystroke of this, especially the up-selling....NO I don't need no goddamn extra laces! WHY would I need extra insoles in these $150 kicks?! Y'all used to get on my last nerve with that, but it's just the job...

Ross we cant stop theft and you can return stolen items all day and make bank on the cool .Ive seen it done for up to 300 dollars

As far as fnl goes you have to understand the business side of selling those accessories...that's where the company profits the most

if I get 15-20$ of Chinese or pizza I usually give 5-6$ tip never 10$ thats a little crazy

Originally Posted by JordanHead718212

More on Finishline

grin.gif
The FNL I worked at wanted me to stand on line for releases when I was the one who stocked the kicks and signed for them when shipment came in. FOH

Where is onewearz?
Son peeping live sex shows at his job and apparently everyone brings binoculars/telescopes and chews gum...loud.

laugh.gif

as unbelievable as it may sound , it was poppin again last night, some other people
laugh.gif

guess it's the weather cause it's never been this crazy. .....

Originally Posted by kevi

i am a camp counseled at hofstra university and NO bs what so ever goes down. If you ain't doin your job you not getting a job next year. Pay is
pimp.gif
tho

how much you get paid? i go to hofstra. tuition is
sick.gif
sick.gif
. what you do you do there on a normal day?

Originally Posted by JordanHead718212

More on Finishline

grin.gif

This. But now that we work under commission it really starts to add up, at least to me anyways lol.

I work at a radio station (which I can't name) and Target

Radio Station
People are threatened by everything new.
There is a lot of in house beef

Target

If you try and fight us, we can't fight back. Even if you swing on us, we'll get fired for hitting a customer
30t6p3b.gif

You get no perks at all...except for a team member discount that you get if you pay in cash.

I'll add more later

Not going to lie. Way back when I was a lifegaurd, we were required to swim a 300m before the pool opened. I used to hate doing it. So on days I worked I wouldn't pee in the morning, I would hold it in till I got to work... Sorry folks.

I apologize for derailing this thread a little bit but how do you guys feel about being in a union? I start working for Walgreens on the 5th and they want me to join a union. I'm planning to work there for 5 months before I transfer out of my local CC but if things don't work out, I might stay for an extra year. With that being said, is it necessary for me to join a union? I'm not planning to work at Walgreens for long term or make a career out of it.

Originally Posted by 1994SS

Not going to lie. Way back when I was a lifegaurd, we were required to swim a 300m before the pool opened. I used to hate doing it. So on days I worked I wouldn't pee in the morning, I would hold it in till I got to work... Sorry folks.

thats terrible
indifferent.gif
lol

RETAIL:

There is ALWAYS some discount to be given at the cash wrap. Just be nice, never assume you'll be hooked up or feel in titled but ask nicely and see what happens.

If someone is a douche to me or one of my associates I will often make it a personal mission for him to get NO hookups and see to it to get him out the store as quickly as possible.

Most of the people you are arguing it w/ sadly are making barely more then minimum wage and theyre not happy about there hours so that will get you no where w/ them.

I will do all I can to make you feel like your getting something limited or valued in some aspect. That wash I said of denim that was brand new and was selling well usually isnt moving at all... foreigners fall for this sadly.

As I have said in a different thread I have walked in on a chick blowing a manager and next week her hours bumped.

That said managers generally are under appreciated. And most if they are humble know what it was like being a miniumn wage associate so some leeway can be given. I personally seen this from both sides and it looks like we are not doing much but at least at my store focusing and driving sales and the staff eats up WAAAAY more time then I would like. Also a ton of time I must spend to be current in my communication w/ higher ups.

Common sense but people are so under paid in retail. I was one of them I mean I still am but associates have it worse.

Typically you can complain your way into making someone honor your return, personally I do it case by case. But ... if you don't have tags or a receipt and your a jerk and sketchy then you've just given me a reason to uphold the policy verbatim.

Lastly if your a good person and actually make small tlk or simply act like a decent human being your experience will be great. I have even took customers name and all that to alert them to when we get new product maybe even put it on hold for them. It is exactly what you make of it and associate are so used to THAT customer who will tear up a stack of shirts or jeans for no damn reason so it will make you look so much better...

Stealing at Nike outlet when I worked there was too easy. There really wasn't any need to we used to throw out hardly used shoe inventory, and old inventory, then kept what we wanted. Eventually, a lot of my co-workers got fired because of it, something like 50k loss.

Back
Top Bottom