Selling about 2-4 Grand worth of my kicks and investing in Nike or Apple stock, Good idea?

Dropped the ball with GLW (Corning) by not remembering their earnings date and missed out on a couple of bucks. Stock's at a really attractive level though, low 13s, definitely worth buying if you could wait long-term.

Originally Posted by NoSlickRemarks

Originally Posted by asianplayer

Your rate of return won't be that great with those stocks
I understand that but would it be a good way to learn how the stock market works?
You can learn how the stock market works without investing several thousand of your own dollars.
Hit up a site like http://www.mocktrading.com/  to learn the nuances before you think to use actual capital.

It's your money, do what you want. If it was me, there are safer (albeit, long-term) methods to invest my money.

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

Originally Posted by NoSlickRemarks

Originally Posted by asianplayer

Your rate of return won't be that great with those stocks
I understand that but would it be a good way to learn how the stock market works?
You can learn how the stock market works without investing several thousand of your own dollars.
Hit up a site like http://www.mocktrading.com/  to learn the nuances before you think to use actual capital.

It's your money, do what you want. If it was me, there are safer (albeit, long-term) methods to invest my money.
Canadians
tired.gif

Invest in natural gas and "fracking sand" (utilized to excrete fossil fuels). Thank me later. http://www.wtov9.com/news/news/feds-say-natural-gas-production-soar-2035/nG7Sd/
It's crazy how cheap Nat Gas has gotten.

Frank it's funny how you mention Canadians, then Nat Gas and fracking right after. 
laugh.gif

It's huge up here right now. Might be worth looking into.

Been thinking about it, just need to do my research.

Gold just got a huge lift from the Fed announcements today. 2000 is the next target. Would rather play the GLD than physical gold, though.

Dude thought he'd be doin it with 4 shares of apple... Prolly woke up feelin all new and *@$*. 
roll.gif

Well yesterday would've been better, but well apple's stocks are aiming around 500-600 dollars, from the current 450 which isn't bad....

I don't know about gold, it's solid, and a lot of positions have been sold over the past few months, so its relatively cheap. Oil companies and Facebook are worth consideration as well.
And about buying 4-5 shares, anyhow the stock prices grew what, 7 percent, that means 120-150 dollars in a night, thats not bad, not many other ways to for that kind of earnings...

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Originally Posted by Zyzz

buying 4-5 shares of Apple is pretty much worthless

Oh yeah? Tell me why.
People who like to knock Apple claiming it can't grow any more are fools. They've been saying this for years. Apple is a GROWTH company. It's the safest haven for your money right now. All those who held throughout the bulk of the Euro crisis this summer/fall loved seeing green every day while everything else was in the red.

I'm long AAPL until the day I go by an Apple store and see more employees than customers. This year is going to bring us Ipad 3, Iphone 5, Iphone expansion into a 600,000,000 wireless subscriber base in China and a new twist on Apple TV. It's going to blow 2011 out of the water. 
sure it will grow but once again, what is 5 or so shares gonna do for you?

ok then

Originally Posted by ricky409

cop some work...

maybe a 1/4 key...

flip that... cop 1/2 a key...

flip that, cop a whole key...

by now, you gonna have the block goin nuts, and some trust from your seller...

ask him to front you 2 keys... flip them, then come back and let us know how swagged up you are.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Now thats a solid investment lol
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Been thinking about it, just need to do my research.

Gold just got a huge lift from the Fed announcements today. 2000 is the next target. Would rather play the GLD than physical gold, though.

if you don't hold it you don't own it

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

buying 4-5 shares of Apple is pretty much worthless

Oh yeah? Tell me why.
People who like to knock Apple claiming it can't grow any more are fools. They've been saying this for years. Apple is a GROWTH company. It's the safest haven for your money right now. All those who held throughout the bulk of the Euro crisis this summer/fall loved seeing green every day while everything else was in the red.

I'm long AAPL until the day I go by an Apple store and see more employees than customers. This year is going to bring us Ipad 3, Iphone 5, Iphone expansion into a 600,000,000 wireless subscriber base in China and a new twist on Apple TV. It's going to blow 2011 out of the water. 
sure it will grow but once again, what is 5 or so shares gonna do for you?

ok then
Say he bought those 5 shares when he made this post.
AAPL opened up at $416.83 that morning. It closed today at $446.66. That's a 7.2% return in just three months. 

It's irrelevant how many shares of a company you own. My 255 shares of GE haven't done jack compared to my 30 shares of AAPL. Your mentality is that of a novice that doesn't have the first clue about how the market works.

Originally Posted by MrWavez

idk my homegirl was telling me i should do this instead of buying kicks every week
laugh.gif

what yall think?

In this economy ?
you better hope they rare and you selling them to a celebrity. 

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

carbon fiber and aluminum, thank me later

Can anyone else vouch for this?
nerd.gif

I'd seriously dump all my kicks if I could find a nice and safe investment.

Funny thing was that I was in DR a few years back and A jeweler told to invest in silver and carbon fiber

Originally Posted by scshift

Why Apple/Nike? Any reason in particular?

I could see Apple because they've been exceeding their expected earnings, but he really should've got in when they were hovering around $390-$400.  I don't see why Nike, maybe because he buys a lot of Nike stuff?
laugh.gif
  Their stock is actually went up to $100, but that's expected.  They're usually around the $90s anyway, so I'd only buy if I can get them under $85.

If you're gonna just throw money into a stock and let it sit then you might want to look for stocks that give good dividends, like CNOOC or Pepsi, or a company that isn't going anywhere anytime soon, like Exxon Mobile, Johnson and Johnson, Kraft, etc.  I wouldn't advise you to use more than $1-$2k if you're just starting out because the market is doing good right now, and you'll want some money to buy stocks the next time the market takes a big hit...

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Got any DS Space Jams? I need a 10.5, OP.
size 10 DS...not for sale though 
happy.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
 I like how i didnt do any of this...just sold weak !%% in the collection for bigger and better things...
laugh.gif

if ur gonna buy stocks buy cheaper ones. There more profit, 3 g's can get u 8 shares of apple which is nothing, while 3 g's can get u 3000 shares of another stock that if doubles can flip ur dough to 6 g's.

Originally Posted by Ace33Bone

Originally Posted by ricky409

cop some work...

maybe a 1/4 key...

flip that... cop 1/2 a key...

flip that, cop a whole key...

by now, you gonna have the block goin nuts, and some trust from your seller...

ask him to front you 2 keys... flip them, then come back and let us know how swagged up you are.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Now thats a solid investment lol
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

2 to 4, 4 to 8...I can make it double up
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom