Sending Flowers for Valentines Day... questions

Has anyone ever done this...
Cause i guess i have 2 concerns... prepare for dumb question
1. If i send them to her house what if she isn't home... Cause the sites say a local florist will deliver them, so are they already vased, or in a box..Like will he just leave them at the door, cause i don't want that...

2. I would prefer to send them to her job but... She works at Tuner, and people have to get like vistor passes to get into the building, So will it just comein with the incoming mail, and like the mail room clerk will just leave it on her desk... And the Turner Board casting campus is kinda huge.. any ideas on howi can get her mailing address for her job with her catching wind of it... Think i might just be able to call up the job and the operator will tell me her exactmailing address?

Any insight will be cool.... time is ticking
eek.gif

-Sun

Originally Posted by WestRoxbury011

Question: Why don't you just bring them to her yourself?

J/w..

restraining order
pimp.gif

jk, some lifestyles wont allow it (work, time, distance), not all of us are teenagers

proflowers.com is who i usually go through.

Does your girl have a business card. You could always ask for one for "emergencies" so that you'll always have her work info. Otherwise, ask hermom, or see if the company has a directory. I think if you send them to her attention at the main address, that you'll be fine. Once they see its flowers,they'll track her down. I work for a large advertising company in chicago and they always track me down when I get packages. Once my sister sent me somekind of "snack" basket from 1800 flowers for my birthday and i had to go to the front desk to get it. I felt hella weird at first carrying somethinglike that. Most guys don't get stuff like that at work, so it was pretty cool once i got past the semi-embarassed part of things.

k, some lifestyles wont allow it (work, time, distance), not all of us are teenagers
Word!

Hey Swooshdude good looking out...
I wanna try to get her at the office, cause girls like that stuff, so they can stunt for there friends you know... lol Plus like i said, she is gonna beworking most of the day and i don't want the flowers to goto her house and her not be there... Any other input, and coupon codes
happy.gif
, keep em coming
-Sun

I got tired of the flowers bit. Always feels like a waste of money. Decided to send something she can keep. I am sending a 14kt diamond "devil heart"this year. Amazon has it on sale for $74.99 (That discount price shows up when you add it to your cart).
Devil Heart Necklace

i like the idea of that heart ....just looks a little flimsy/cheap to me-

and on the flowers...just call her main switchboard/receptionist desk...they know how to handles flowers around this time of year...its not a top secretoperation but theres no way you should have to ask her anything-

and like you said you ABSOLUTELY want to send them to her job...once they are home and dieing slowly on the table its whatever but that period when she getsthem and everybody comes around being nosey and complimenting them all day is what they are for...kinda shallow but hey we are talking about women here
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by XxColdSunxX

Has anyone ever done this...
Cause i guess i have 2 concerns... prepare for dumb question
1. If i send them to her house what if she isn't home... Cause the sites say a local florist will deliver them, so are they already vased, or in a box.. Like will he just leave them at the door, cause i don't want that...

2. I would prefer to send them to her job but... She works at Tuner, and people have to get like vistor passes to get into the building, So will it just come in with the incoming mail, and like the mail room clerk will just leave it on her desk... And the Turner Board casting campus is kinda huge.. any ideas on how i can get her mailing address for her job with her catching wind of it... Think i might just be able to call up the job and the operator will tell me her exact mailing address?

Any insight will be cool.... time is ticking
eek.gif

-Sun

Find out her desk number...
If you are referring to turner in the Manhattan you shouldn't have any problem...I sent flowers to my girl last year and she got them...

Also check Costco.com out...They have a good deal...3 Dozen Roses w/ a vase for $60 delivered...Thats the route I went this year....

I dont even know why some of you even send real flowers anymore ...

I'm cheap as hell .. I just look for a dozen roses take a pic or even find a pic on the net and text it to the females .. on some romantic joint .. LMAO ..girls usually fall for that .. lol

Originally Posted by SGS MM

I'm cheap as hell .. I just look for a dozen roses take a pic or even find a pic on the net and text it to the females .. on some romantic joint .. LMAO .. girls usually fall for that .. lol
Corny. You must be talking about high school girls
ohwell.gif

Anyway, you should be able to call her job and say "I am sending something to <insert girlfriends name here> and I need to know the exact mailingaddress. It's a fragile item." They should be able to help. And if you want to deliver it to her yourself, just send it to yourself and bring itover there.

How do you not know where your girlfriend works though, it's good to know for emergencies.

send it to her at work. office buildings have mail rooms, etc to handle deliveries, and women LOVE showing that %%+ off to their co-workers. proflowers and1800 flowers are fine, but pretty pricey (sometimes they don't accept codes for Valentine's, but give em a try).

Originally Posted by SGS MM

I'm cheap as hell .. I just look for a dozen roses take a pic or even find a pic on the net and text it to the females .. on some romantic joint .. LMAO .. girls usually fall for that .. lol

roll.gif
please tell me your >17 yrs old

proflowers is 39.99 for a dozen roses in a vase w/box of chocolates. guaranteed to last 7 days.

or gets you 2 dozen assorted color roses w/box of chocolates for 39.99.

all this according to the radio commercial. click on the microphone in the upper right corner of the site. enter "thebone" as the password.

long stem are 49.99.

offer ends today i believe.

yo real talk, I might do some simp type stuff for this chick I`m talking to, haha chick Wifey type *smh @ me* and we aint even been talking long. Do sites likethat deliver to College Dorms? Cause ol girl go to a diff school then the one I`m at

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

yo real talk, I might do some simp type stuff for this chick I`m talking to, haha chick Wifey type *smh @ me* and we aint even been talking long. Do sites like that deliver to College Dorms? Cause ol girl go to a diff school then the one I`m at

yeah, i think they deliver to the front desk of the dorm.

Originally Posted by Kingtre

i like the idea of that heart ....just looks a little flimsy/cheap to me-

Actually I just received it today and it is really nice. Not huge though but I think she will really like it. Thing that kind of ticks me off was I waslooking at a different one on Amazon the other day and they were was sold out. Sure enough, now they got it back in stock. Then again, this onecosts another $15 more than I paid since it isn't on sale.
Diamond Heart Version
41bY0PdPTjL._AA280_.jpg

this probably might not help your exact situation, but from what I've learned.....never ever order flowers online, from somewhere like 1800flowers.com orsomething...most of the time, the flowers are half dead and they look like junk.

Look up local florists in that area, and speak to them personally, then you can tell them to pick fresh flowers cause its important or something like that, andthey'll hook you up... and usually you can tell them to drop it off at a certain time, and if they're familiar with the area they might know how tohandle deliveries to where ever the chick works.

3 Dozen Roses w/ a vase for $60 delivered..
3 DOZEN!!?!?! Damn...
How do you not know where your girlfriend works though, it's good to know for emergencies.
And i mean like i know where she works.. But its like its own friggin city... Its a campus with different buildings and such, so i could drive andwalk to it, but i don't really know the address...

But thanks for the advice everyone.. I guess i better just go ahead and order these already!
-Sun

Originally Posted by oFLUo

this probably might not help your exact situation, but from what I've learned.....never ever order flowers online, from somewhere like 1800flowers.com or something...most of the time, the flowers are half dead and they look like junk.

Look up local florists in that area, and speak to them personally, then you can tell them to pick fresh flowers cause its important or something like that, and they'll hook you up... and usually you can tell them to drop it off at a certain time, and if they're familiar with the area they might know how to handle deliveries to where ever the chick works.

i've only used them and exotic flowers...at the end of the day you get what you pay for...if your expecting a wonderful fresh bouquet of 36 red rosesto get delivered for $20 then your out of luck-

but the general way they work is to contract the order out to local florist anyway...so that shouldn't make a difference-

powdbyrice-Good looking out b.

edit: never mind son, ROBBERY. They trying to charge additional $20 for guaranteed Thursday delivery.

Thats wack

Back
Top Bottom