September Wrestling Thread 2021

Said kanyon wasn’t good enough for wwe on Howard stern …. Flair called in a few weeks/ months later and said the same

Flair said on Twitter that confronting people who were hostile to WWE was part of the job then...a practice that I'm sure is still in effect in some form today

" I’d be thrilled if they fixed their food and bathroom problems "

"They are used to Tennis fans that just want a water, not wrestling fans that want to eat 5 hotdogs and 10 beers."

B Sox B Sox 💀

Would try to go next year. Hopefully Riky Starks or MJF are champs by then.

I'm sure nobody had to deal with any bad smells since it's a very well ventilated arena.

I didn't see any complaints about that from hymen man hymen man and other NTers who went this past Wednesday.

Adam Cole was asked if there were any ideas pitched to him regarding the main roster.

He replied, "Apparently, there were a lot of ideas, but they were very vague on what exactly they wanted to do. When I first had the conversation, they had mentioned something about doing a name change or changing my look. That scared me a little bit because I spent nearly 14 years as Adam Cole. Our latest conversation, they were definitely more open to being me and being myself. They could tell I was not too thrilled (about a name change)."

Asked if the potential changes made him more hesitant to re-sign with the company and join the main roster, Cole replied, "It was definitely something that made me a little more timid about pulling the trigger on that one. They could not have been nicer, but when I think about me and my career and what is best for me, the idea of that being an option scared me a little bit. I was like, 'What if I do go and something happens anyway?' At that point, I can't say or do anything. Red flag is the perfect way to put it.

“You don't even necessarily have to change anything, but if you change the atmosphere and people they are working with, then it feels fresh. I understand where they are coming from, to some extent, but I feel like a big part of what has made me work is I'm not 6'3'' and 285 pounds, the Adam Cole BAY BAY and the 'Boom' is a big part of what I do and how I connect with the audience, besides the wrestling and promo. I feel like it would have been quite the challenge if that would have happened, as far as the name change, to build myself back up."

87DEA18C-13DA-4B5D-8AEC-E5F4E433EC77.jpeg

After watching the Kanyon DSTR I don't feel anyone is getting cancelled like Flair/Dreamer..Kanyon wasn't really that big of a deal in WCW, so his chances of making it in WWE were slim to none..Of course I wasn't there so I can't say for sure, but I doubt him being gay had anything to do with him getting a push or a contract in WWE..Cena and Flair were/are right in that Kanyon just didn't have that IT factor..

Back
Top Bottom