Serious thread: Why are homosexuals so "Gay"?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i misread your OP... i was just dying to use that .gif 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by HOOSIERdaddy282

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

My man Watermelon ^^ said it perfectly. It is to seek attention. Its not genetic, its just to bring attention on to themselves

so when black people act stereotypically, is this also a cry for attention?

YES. Just trust me on that one kid
laugh.gif
. It's either that, or they weren't socialized to act any better. Nothing is inherent about it though. Blame parents, WSHH, BET or what have you. But something compells certain Black people to act colored while others, like myself, are happy enough being black without acting all steroetypical. If anything, I do the opposite.
I would argue that SOME people who perpetuate those stereotypes aren't doing it for attention, they're doing it simply because of the culture/environment they were raised in and the people they surround themselves with.

A better example, the stereotypical "hick" stereotype. Dude grows up on a farm, hunting, fishing, shooting guns or whatever other stereotypical %$#$ people do in the backwoods of Louisiana. Is it ok for me to assume their mannerisms are a cry for attention? Is it at all possible that SOME of those black people you are referring to just don't know how else to act because of how they were raised. From your perspective it might seem like it has to be forced and a cry for attention....not saying that some don't but I suspect a lot are just like that.

Notice i used the word "some".

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

My man Watermelon ^^ said it perfectly. It is to seek attention. Its not genetic, its just to bring attention on to themselves

laugh.gif
. It's either that, or they weren't socialized to act any better. Nothing is inherent about it though. Blame parents, WSHH, BET or what have you. But something compells certain Black people to act colored while others, like myself, are happy enough being black without acting all steroetypical. If anything, I do the opposite.
I would argue that SOME people who perpetuate those stereotypes aren't doing it for attention, they're doing it simply because of the culture/environment they were raised in and the people they surround themselves with.

A better example, the stereotypical "hick" stereotype. Dude grows up on a farm, hunting, fishing, shooting guns or whatever other stereotypical %$#$ people do in the backwoods of Louisiana. Is it ok for me to assume their mannerisms are a cry for attention? Is it at all possible that SOME of those black people you are referring to just don't know how else to act because of how they were raised. From your perspective it might seem like it has to be forced and a cry for attention....not saying that some don't but I suspect a lot are just like that.

While the context of my saying this will certainly generate certain responses, I just have to say it...
laugh.gif
.... Did anybody else see that pink post and think, "
eek.gif
that may be the gayest looking prose I've ever seen!"?

I can't... I just can't..
laugh.gif

I feel like he knew exactly what he was doing
laugh.gif

While the context of my saying this will certainly generate certain responses, I just have to say it...
laugh.gif
.... Did anybody else see that pink post and think, "
eek.gif
that may be the gayest looking prose I've ever seen!"?

I can't... I just can't..
laugh.gif

I feel like he knew exactly what he was doing
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Wr

homosexuality is not synonymous with "gay".

One used to be considered a physiological disease until gay rights changed it. The other is just and adjective describing a happy state of being.

You'd be surprised what else used to be considered a "physiological" disease. Gay rights didn't change it anymore than black people not being considered subhuman not being accepted in the scientific community.

bdw is was considered a "mental illness", till they realized they was no way to treat it and it didn't have any negative effect on the individual aside from prejudiced people makign their lives a living hell. Electroconvulsive therapy and prayer camps can't change people's sexual orientations.

Originally Posted by Wr

homosexuality is not synonymous with "gay".

One used to be considered a physiological disease until gay rights changed it. The other is just and adjective describing a happy state of being.

You'd be surprised what else used to be considered a "physiological" disease. Gay rights didn't change it anymore than black people not being considered subhuman not being accepted in the scientific community.

bdw is was considered a "mental illness", till they realized they was no way to treat it and it didn't have any negative effect on the individual aside from prejudiced people makign their lives a living hell. Electroconvulsive therapy and prayer camps can't change people's sexual orientations.

laugh.gif

Nah, you're mostly right...until you factor in websites like WhiteWhine.com - the antithesis of WSHH...

I'll post an excert for reference - taken from FB:

tumblr_lkwmjp1orm1qz5tgbo1_r1_500.jpg

Hey, if white people can see other people "acting white" and make a website intended to point out how stupid that %%++ comes across, it stands to reason that the majority of the population is aware that a minority (of whites/blacks/gays) propegate these types of ideals/stereotypes and then post them/display them for attention/feedback. Likewise, when you stop to think about why WSHH is popular, it's not because people are being themselves, it's because people want to be SEEN being that way, whether it's really who they are or not. Being a stereotype is one thing. I'm a stereotype
laugh.gif
. Propogating it is quite another. Dug?

laugh.gif

Nah, you're mostly right...until you factor in websites like WhiteWhine.com - the antithesis of WSHH...

I'll post an excert for reference - taken from FB:

tumblr_lkwmjp1orm1qz5tgbo1_r1_500.jpg

Hey, if white people can see other people "acting white" and make a website intended to point out how stupid that %%++ comes across, it stands to reason that the majority of the population is aware that a minority (of whites/blacks/gays) propegate these types of ideals/stereotypes and then post them/display them for attention/feedback. Likewise, when you stop to think about why WSHH is popular, it's not because people are being themselves, it's because people want to be SEEN being that way, whether it's really who they are or not. Being a stereotype is one thing. I'm a stereotype
laugh.gif
. Propogating it is quite another. Dug?

What's the negative about acting gay though? It is because of other people's narrow minded view of homosexuality or because it is actually harmful?

What's the negative about acting gay though? It is because of other people's narrow minded view of homosexuality or because it is actually harmful?

I get what OP is askin. I was waitin for the bus w/ my daughter and their was this homosexual dude waitin w/ his friend (a girl). So the bus comes, and as everybody is migratin into a single file to get on the bus, he comes out of nowhere and walks on the bus and throws his head back like "Yea, I just "jipped" I'm a bad b word"

Now, was all that necessary? It was evident he was gay and nobody cared, everybody was slowly filin into the bus except him. Even his friend waited.

I get what OP is askin. I was waitin for the bus w/ my daughter and their was this homosexual dude waitin w/ his friend (a girl). So the bus comes, and as everybody is migratin into a single file to get on the bus, he comes out of nowhere and walks on the bus and throws his head back like "Yea, I just "jipped" I'm a bad b word"

Now, was all that necessary? It was evident he was gay and nobody cared, everybody was slowly filin into the bus except him. Even his friend waited.

Originally Posted by ScarsOrScabs

Nothing, but..

It's like trying to communicate with people. Sure, me and you would love some eggiwegs and stakie wakies, but most people prefer steak and eggs and would think I sounded crazy just now. Rght right right?  By all means, be yourself... just don't be surprised when it doesn't go over with everybody. And don't huff and puff about fitting in whilst purposely standing out.  

Originally Posted by ScarsOrScabs

Nothing, but..

It's like trying to communicate with people. Sure, me and you would love some eggiwegs and stakie wakies, but most people prefer steak and eggs and would think I sounded crazy just now. Rght right right?  By all means, be yourself... just don't be surprised when it doesn't go over with everybody. And don't huff and puff about fitting in whilst purposely standing out.  

Its pretty simple.
There are many gay dudes out there, but not all of them are the flamboyant/diva types. These are the ones you mostly notice though, because they are just different. You dont know much about any other homosexual guys, because they just keep it low key. Many are just like everyone else and you would never suspect they are homosexual, so you just assume they are straight. The diva types are the ones that just stick out, so you generalize and think all gay dudes act like that 
grin.gif

I never understood what would be so cool about wearing a feather boa around your neck, but to each his own I guess 
laugh.gif
 People dressing funny/strange/bad, in general, make me laugh, so its good for entertainment 
laugh.gif

Its pretty simple.
There are many gay dudes out there, but not all of them are the flamboyant/diva types. These are the ones you mostly notice though, because they are just different. You dont know much about any other homosexual guys, because they just keep it low key. Many are just like everyone else and you would never suspect they are homosexual, so you just assume they are straight. The diva types are the ones that just stick out, so you generalize and think all gay dudes act like that 
grin.gif

I never understood what would be so cool about wearing a feather boa around your neck, but to each his own I guess 
laugh.gif
 People dressing funny/strange/bad, in general, make me laugh, so its good for entertainment 
laugh.gif

Its pretty simple.
grin.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Its pretty simple.
grin.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Its for attention........ plain and simple...

This is the reality tv generation. EVERYONE wants to be noticed, not just gays.

Back
Top Bottom