Serious Topic, Mo' Money, Mo Problems

How do you deal when you're getting money and others aren't who are close to you ask for some of you money, or others things resulting in you spending your money?  Like i was reading the Jamarcus Russell thread and remembered his draft day vid where practically the town he came from was diggin in his pockets before he even was drafted!  Then you're whole life changes up like you need to be a role model and blah blah blah....Money = problems no?

How do you deal when you're getting money and others aren't who are close to you ask for some of you money, or others things resulting in you spending your money?  Like i was reading the Jamarcus Russell thread and remembered his draft day vid where practically the town he came from was diggin in his pockets before he even was drafted!  Then you're whole life changes up like you need to be a role model and blah blah blah....Money = problems no?

real talk. maybe if money wasn't associated with God people wouldn't be so infatuated. real talk people can smell that money. It's crazy.
Best thing to do when you get money is to not look like someone who just acquired a bunch of money( watch your spending, don't pop up with dramatic stuff) and if you don't have any plans for it, act like you don't have it till you need it. mi dos centavos. lol

real talk. maybe if money wasn't associated with God people wouldn't be so infatuated. real talk people can smell that money. It's crazy.
Best thing to do when you get money is to not look like someone who just acquired a bunch of money( watch your spending, don't pop up with dramatic stuff) and if you don't have any plans for it, act like you don't have it till you need it. mi dos centavos. lol

Originally Posted by torgriffith

People don't SMELL $. Some People with the $ feel the need to show off. How else would other folks know? If I have a job earning $200,000 per year, how would anyone know if I don't SHOW or TELL them how much I make. More money, more problems only exists if you let it exist. Unless your salary is public information (athlete, big time ceo) there is no reason anyone should be able to "smell" the $. They see the flash.

If you don't run around looking like you have so much $ (flash and having so many flashy things) those people not close to you wouldn't know you had the $ and therefore they wouldn't ask you for anything.

But someone like JaMarcus, he has to be deeply rooted in his hood for them to even ask him for $. People only ask folks for $ that they think will say yes. I am sure people didn't ask Grant Hill for $ if they weren't close to him. Why? He doesn't look like the type that would feel the need to feed his hood (even though he was from the burbs)

Originally Posted by torgriffith

People don't SMELL $. Some People with the $ feel the need to show off. How else would other folks know? If I have a job earning $200,000 per year, how would anyone know if I don't SHOW or TELL them how much I make. More money, more problems only exists if you let it exist. Unless your salary is public information (athlete, big time ceo) there is no reason anyone should be able to "smell" the $. They see the flash.

If you don't run around looking like you have so much $ (flash and having so many flashy things) those people not close to you wouldn't know you had the $ and therefore they wouldn't ask you for anything.

But someone like JaMarcus, he has to be deeply rooted in his hood for them to even ask him for $. People only ask folks for $ that they think will say yes. I am sure people didn't ask Grant Hill for $ if they weren't close to him. Why? He doesn't look like the type that would feel the need to feed his hood (even though he was from the burbs)

That is the reason rich people don't hang out with poor people its not because they feel there better its because the poor people are going to keep asking for money and the minute you don't give it to them there going to think you think your better than them then you got people who are jealous of you are who only wants to chill with you just for money then you got woman who truly never love you but loves your money being rich is more complicated then people think

But am still on my journey for riches lol

That is the reason rich people don't hang out with poor people its not because they feel there better its because the poor people are going to keep asking for money and the minute you don't give it to them there going to think you think your better than them then you got people who are jealous of you are who only wants to chill with you just for money then you got woman who truly never love you but loves your money being rich is more complicated then people think

But am still on my journey for riches lol

The only thing with having a LOT of $ (millionaire type), I think it would be hard for me to ever believe a woman is with me for ME and not for my $. Would have the Spidey-senses up for every single woman man.

The only thing with having a LOT of $ (millionaire type), I think it would be hard for me to ever believe a woman is with me for ME and not for my $. Would have the Spidey-senses up for every single woman man.

Mo' Problems, Mo' Money

The only thing with having a LOT of $ (millionaire type), I think it would be hard for me to ever believe a woman is with me for ME and not for my $

you don't have to be a millionaire to run into this issue. 99% women have gold digging tendencies. Regular dudes get used for their money too.

Mo' Problems, Mo' Money

The only thing with having a LOT of $ (millionaire type), I think it would be hard for me to ever believe a woman is with me for ME and not for my $

you don't have to be a millionaire to run into this issue. 99% women have gold digging tendencies. Regular dudes get used for their money too.

I don't know about 99%, I would say a large % of them would rather do nothing to make it big than to use their own skillset to make $ from that. Then again, I think that is the majority of people. I don't blame women for using gold-digging strategies though. I wouldn't suggest that anyone does it but I can't blame them for using it. Find a sucka and milk him. (Literally and figuratively).

But you are right, you don't have to be a millionaire. But if you are an athlete, women already know who you are. If you are a low-key dude with money, unless you TELL them you have $< they will never know.

I don't know about 99%, I would say a large % of them would rather do nothing to make it big than to use their own skillset to make $ from that. Then again, I think that is the majority of people. I don't blame women for using gold-digging strategies though. I wouldn't suggest that anyone does it but I can't blame them for using it. Find a sucka and milk him. (Literally and figuratively).

But you are right, you don't have to be a millionaire. But if you are an athlete, women already know who you are. If you are a low-key dude with money, unless you TELL them you have $< they will never know.

I'd have no problem with showing off my wealth, or lettin the world know I'm a millionaire.

Just because I have it, doesn't mean you're going to get it. I have NO problem turning people down for a "loan". You can't guilt me into it.

There's only 3 people that I KNOW when I loan them money, I'm gonna get it back when they say I'll have it back...loaned them anything from $100-$5,000...and they ALWAYS have it. Everybody else is suspect. Been down that road one too many times.

If I DID have money, I'd teach you how to fish, but I'm not gonna give you one. Also, if you've been a lazy bastard your entire life, help you out for what? You can't even help yourself. I personally don't reward that sort of behavior.

I'd have no problem with showing off my wealth, or lettin the world know I'm a millionaire.

Just because I have it, doesn't mean you're going to get it. I have NO problem turning people down for a "loan". You can't guilt me into it.

There's only 3 people that I KNOW when I loan them money, I'm gonna get it back when they say I'll have it back...loaned them anything from $100-$5,000...and they ALWAYS have it. Everybody else is suspect. Been down that road one too many times.

If I DID have money, I'd teach you how to fish, but I'm not gonna give you one. Also, if you've been a lazy bastard your entire life, help you out for what? You can't even help yourself. I personally don't reward that sort of behavior.

mo money mo problems so true like jay z said i had more fun being piss poor

mo money mo problems so true like jay z said i had more fun being piss poor

I'm saying whats the point in not splurging a little bit if you have it?!?! You worked damn hard for it, why keep it a secret?

I'm saying whats the point in not splurging a little bit if you have it?!?! You worked damn hard for it, why keep it a secret?

Originally Posted by xAiRMaXiNx

I personally look at money as simply compensation for a time period of labor. Nothing more. I would rather keep it a secret because I don't like the negative attention that having a lot of money brings to an individual. Especially a black male growing up in America. Just not my style man.

I will splurge on trips to foreign lands. That is about it really. Clothes, cars, big house. Nah. I am fine living comfortably. A new car will still be viewed as a bad investment to me. Name brand clothes will still mean nothing to me compared to alias clothing lines, I will still shop at Old Navy and Wal-MArt. That is just me man.

I don't look at it as a means to splurge or get a lot of fancy items and show them off. As I said before, I am a low-key type dude that doesn't really want all of that attention brought to me. I always say that once I make it big that my taste wouldn't really change much. Of course it is easy for me to say that now, but I could never see myself driving a luxury vehicle, paying $100 per month for a cell phone bill, or buying a T-Shirt for $50. Just not me man.

Back
Top Bottom