Serious Topic, Mo' Money, Mo Problems

Originally Posted by xAiRMaXiNx

I'm saying whats the point in not splurging a little bit if you have it?!?! You worked damn hard for it, why keep it a secret?
I personally look at money as simply compensation for a time period of labor. Nothing more. I would rather keep it a secret because I don't like the negative attention that having a lot of money brings to an individual. Especially a black male growing up in America. Just not my style man.

I will splurge on trips to foreign lands. That is about it really. Clothes, cars, big house. Nah. I am fine living comfortably. A new car will still be viewed as a bad investment to me. Name brand clothes will still mean nothing to me compared to alias clothing lines, I will still shop at Old Navy and Wal-MArt. That is just me man.

I don't look at it as a means to splurge or get a lot of fancy items and show them off. As I said before, I am a low-key type dude that doesn't really want all of that attention brought to me. I always say that once I make it big that my taste wouldn't really change much. Of course it is easy for me to say that now, but I could never see myself driving a luxury vehicle, paying $100 per month for a cell phone bill, or buying a T-Shirt for $50. Just not me man.

rudy wrote:
mo money mo problems so true like jay z said i had more fun being piss poor

indifferent.gif

Then why doesnt he just give all his !%$* up?

I hate when people who are rich and famous act like its soooo hard for them. I would trade shoes with most of them in a heart beat, guarantee none would want to trade with me lol.

Yes mo money mo problems but the problems are largely equaled out by all the perks of having large amounts of money.

rudy wrote:

indifferent.gif

I hate when people who are rich and famous act like its soooo hard for them. I would trade shoes with most of them in a heart beat, guarantee none would want to trade with me lol.

Yes mo money mo problems but the problems are largely equaled out by all the perks of having large amounts of money.

I don't think buying stuff is a problem. Its when people buy stuff solely with the intent of showing that they are richer than someone else (i.e. buying a rolex or huge diamond chains for no reason). But if youve always dreamed of driving a porsche or a nice home in a certain area then theres no reason not to buy it. Only a fool would stifle his dreams for the sake of what others think. The company you surround yourself with should remain the same no matter your wealth or they were bad people to begin with.

I don't think buying stuff is a problem. Its when people buy stuff solely with the intent of showing that they are richer than someone else (i.e. buying a rolex or huge diamond chains for no reason). But if youve always dreamed of driving a porsche or a nice home in a certain area then theres no reason not to buy it. Only a fool would stifle his dreams for the sake of what others think. The company you surround yourself with should remain the same no matter your wealth or they were bad people to begin with.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

I wish money was a problem for me
laugh.gif
Right, I think God knew what he was doing when he didn't allow me to born into a rich family. I wouldn't know how to act
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

I wish money was a problem for me
laugh.gif
Right, I think God knew what he was doing when he didn't allow me to born into a rich family. I wouldn't know how to act
laugh.gif

I like a nice big house and nice luxury car and some relatively good clothes. (I'd still wear the same polos and button ups if I was filthy rich)

I'm not with walking around looking like a target for the goons though. I like blending in with everybody else and not walking down the street with a big sign that says, "Hey! Look at Me! I have Money!"  

Don't get me wrong, I'd still be living it up, just trying to keep it on the low.  Fancy dinners, Big trips, VIP buying bottles at the parties/clubs. 

I like a nice big house and nice luxury car and some relatively good clothes. (I'd still wear the same polos and button ups if I was filthy rich)

I'm not with walking around looking like a target for the goons though. I like blending in with everybody else and not walking down the street with a big sign that says, "Hey! Look at Me! I have Money!"  

Don't get me wrong, I'd still be living it up, just trying to keep it on the low.  Fancy dinners, Big trips, VIP buying bottles at the parties/clubs. 

Dudes don't understand.... having more money especially if you didn't come from wealth can be a real problem. Dudes will be hitting you up for cash CONSTANTLY, the IRS will be looking at you extra close(especially if you're an athlete), money managers will come flocking just so they can rob you blind, you won't be able to truely trust the new faces that WILL show up in your life. All around getting rich all of a sudden can be on extremely stressful experience.

Dudes don't understand.... having more money especially if you didn't come from wealth can be a real problem. Dudes will be hitting you up for cash CONSTANTLY, the IRS will be looking at you extra close(especially if you're an athlete), money managers will come flocking just so they can rob you blind, you won't be able to truely trust the new faces that WILL show up in your life. All around getting rich all of a sudden can be on extremely stressful experience.

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

rudy wrote:

indifferent.gif

Shut up broke-y
laugh.gif
. He never said "No money, all happiness". It only stands to reason that to acquire wealth is to acquire the attention of others as well as the inherent responsibility of maintaining wealth. If it wasn't hard to maintain wealth, it wouldn't be hard to get rich in the first place. The quote only makes perfect sense. The more money you have, the more you probably mean to other random people (like celebrity gossip followers and the likes)..With random people, come random problems.

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

rudy wrote:

indifferent.gif

Shut up broke-y
laugh.gif
. He never said "No money, all happiness". It only stands to reason that to acquire wealth is to acquire the attention of others as well as the inherent responsibility of maintaining wealth. If it wasn't hard to maintain wealth, it wouldn't be hard to get rich in the first place. The quote only makes perfect sense. The more money you have, the more you probably mean to other random people (like celebrity gossip followers and the likes)..With random people, come random problems.

I feel bad for jamarcus though. If you ever read any of his interviews he seems to be an emotional kind of guy. He said he wasn't playing well in Oakland because they coaches didn't have his back. He said they needed to be behind him through the good times and the bad times. So he obviously wasn't a tough love kind of guy.

I'm sure his friends used him for the same thing. Just saying they were always there for him and always held him down.

But that being said i think its obviously a personal decision. More many can bring more problems if you let it. But if you work hard from the bottom up and slowly get rich is different from just getting that big contract in the NFL or hitting the lotto.

If i was on TV and won 250 mil from the lottery my phone would ring for days on end of people wanting my money. But if i just work every day and slowly earn my pay check id be fine as long as i don't really flaunt the money.

I feel bad for jamarcus though. If you ever read any of his interviews he seems to be an emotional kind of guy. He said he wasn't playing well in Oakland because they coaches didn't have his back. He said they needed to be behind him through the good times and the bad times. So he obviously wasn't a tough love kind of guy.

I'm sure his friends used him for the same thing. Just saying they were always there for him and always held him down.

But that being said i think its obviously a personal decision. More many can bring more problems if you let it. But if you work hard from the bottom up and slowly get rich is different from just getting that big contract in the NFL or hitting the lotto.

If i was on TV and won 250 mil from the lottery my phone would ring for days on end of people wanting my money. But if i just work every day and slowly earn my pay check id be fine as long as i don't really flaunt the money.

BOTTOM74BOTTOM wrote:
51and3rd wrote:
rudy wrote:

indifferent.gif

Shut up broke-y
laugh.gif

WHAT! People beg if you dont have money. I am fortunate to have a good paying job with a family that has nothing, if taking care of people who helped get you to where you are is a problem for MILLIONAIRES, then whats the point.

If a problem to you is telling broke people who know you only by face NO for money then you got life %*@%*! up.

PS... It's hard to get rich, not hard to maintain wealth if you have any clue how to handle money. Your logic is %*@%*!. I guess your the brokey huh.

BOTTOM74BOTTOM wrote:
51and3rd wrote:
rudy wrote:

indifferent.gif

Shut up broke-y
laugh.gif

WHAT! People beg if you dont have money. I am fortunate to have a good paying job with a family that has nothing, if taking care of people who helped get you to where you are is a problem for MILLIONAIRES, then whats the point.

If a problem to you is telling broke people who know you only by face NO for money then you got life %*@%*! up.

PS... It's hard to get rich, not hard to maintain wealth if you have any clue how to handle money. Your logic is %*@%*!. I guess your the brokey huh.

People always will be trying to ask you for money. Personally it depends how you came up when you were little if you aint got money maybe you learn to spend it wisely and know who "deserves" to get some or not. Others just try to take every cent of yours.

People always will be trying to ask you for money. Personally it depends how you came up when you were little if you aint got money maybe you learn to spend it wisely and know who "deserves" to get some or not. Others just try to take every cent of yours.

Back
Top Bottom