Seriously........what's the point of a college advisor???

Seriously.......they don't do $$%!. Just sit on their heineys all day and taking 4hour lunch breaks, chatting in the hallways, and doing everything buttheir jobs.

/vent

I actually just came from seeing my advisor.

In 40 minutes, she helped me:

-Get a class schedule for this summer, and tentative schedules the following fall & winter terms
-Schedule an appointment for me to see a financial aid counselor (I messed up my FAFSA application
smh.gif
)

Not to mention, she gave me an apple.
laugh.gif
glasses.gif

My advisor > your advisor
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DA MATRIX 1

its called easy money u just give students the quickest most logical advise as possible

Their job is to keep you in school for as long as possible, and to make sure you take as many unnecessary classes as you can.

mad.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by HoneyBBQ Wings 33

Seriously.......they don't do $$%!. Just sit on their heineys all day and taking 4hour lunch breaks, chatting in the hallways, and doing everything but their jobs.

/vent

I am one, we arent supposed to come to you, we are here when you have questions and make an appointment to see us

please tell me exactly what our "job" is

Mine just #!%%@+ me over actually. And then when I wanted to schedule another appointment, she told me "I'm actually not advising anymore :smile:"Like the smiley face was necessary.

Now it's looking like I'll have to take an extra summer class to get out of here in August.

i wont lie some advisors dont give a $#**

i do b/c i went through some crap with my 1st one in school but in reality it's pretty simple to take the classes you need

my school had a print out which specially listed classes and if they qualified for what you needed, it's pretty simple

Originally Posted by HoneyBBQ Wings 33

Seriously.......they don't do $$%!. Just sit on their heineys all day and taking 4hour lunch breaks, chatting in the hallways, and doing everything but their jobs.

/vent

That's the truth right there. They haven't helped me with anything, basically told me to go look in the book to see what classes I need to take.Then what the hell? If their whole job is contained in that one book, what is the point to having them sitting around getting paid for nothing?
smh.gif

my advisor was HORRIBLE. she didnt help me with anything. she even had the nerve to ask me if i even wanted to be in school. she made me take a math class thati didnt need, all it did was overtake a grade from a class i took before. i thought i had to pass calculus for my gen. ed. turns out i didnt have to but i knowfor a FACT she told me that. then when i went back she said she never said that.
smh.gif
that fat dude looking! oh man why did i click on this thread!!! got meheated!!!!!

I hear you on this one, and not only do I have to see an advisor, I have to see a "mentor" as well who tells me the exact same thing as the advisordoes. I really think they just like wasting students time as if we don't have anything better to do with it like study or work.

- Tical.

nah my advisor is the best. She has mandatory meetings throughout the semester to make sure i didn't mess up on financial aid, class selection, etc...SUNY's EOP program FTW!

Originally Posted by ikari XD

The one that was assigned to me has been on sabbatical for like two years
eyes.gif
whats a sabbatical.

i like my advisor, she emailed me reminding me that i have to signup for classes.
she also did the scheduling for me (without me asking ) and has me grad before i thought.

not to mention i would F!!! if given the chance.

At my school alot of the professors serve as Advisors, haha I didnt know cats got actual job as just advising. Mines serves me no purpose but to take holds offmy account so I can register.

I never have any use for them. Its not rocket science to figure out what classes you need towards your degree. If you cant do something as simple as that andyou're in college, you should drop out immediately.

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

At my school alot of the professors serve as Advisors, haha I didnt know cats got actual job as just advising. Mines serves me no purpose but to take holds off my account so I can register.

seriously. I hate going into the advising office, they're really pointless. If I could ge the holds off with an email I would never go near thatoffice.

Back
Top Bottom