Seriously, why isn't Cam Newton getting the same, if not higher, praise as Tim Tebow?

Cam has been getting way more attention than Tebow. Even at 2-5 you can see how much of an influence Cam has had on our team, and being competitive in every game is something that could not be said of the Panthers at this time last year.

laugh.gif
@ the automatic race card being played. when in doubt....

LOL @ race card, bunch of clowns I swear.
laugh.gif

Point is Tebow got attention THIS WEEK for that nice comeback, Cam is getting a ton of praise.

Oh no, god forbid one gets more attention than the other this week, not all attention is good cause Tebow has been negatively criticized as well.

This thread should be cited in dissertations worldwide as to how black people use the race card in EVERY situation to explain EVERYTHING lmao ...

I'm looking at you Deuce King ... ole, black man this and white man that type dude ... how about you think like a human being and realize that Cam (in his 7th start) didnt do %%%% this week aside from beat a sorry $%# ******** team ... a 2-5 team beat a 3-3team, neither of which will be in the playoffs ... how much pub did you want for Cam?

What would be the proper amount of air time for your precious Cam? A 15 minute lead-in that explains how he's completed 60% of his passes and thrown 9 interceptions to 8 TDs? O because everyone hated on him he deserves some type of prize?! boo *%@%#@$ whoo ... grow up ...

You know what, I want whoever was on sportscenter back when Tom Brady wasn't selected until late to issue an apology ... I want them to give Tom a 30 minute spot calling into question all the credentials of those draft scouts who had him so low ... hell, let's throw in something as irrelevant as race ... this dude Tom has awkward knees when he runs ... man, he's showing those knee haters with all them super bowl rings ...

It was Tebow's first start and he's one of the most popular players in the league and he came back from 15 down ... deal with it ... Cam hasn't done %%%% and until he does, stop crying about his "praise" ...

P.S.

http://www.nfl.com/news/s...-merchandise-sales-lists

http://content.usatoday.c...ls-recent-jersey-sales/1

rah-

laugh.gif

Yeah right, cause race is NO LONGER an issue in the country by any means any more correct??

This thread should be cited in dissertations worldwide as to how black people use the race card in EVERY situation to explain EVERYTHING lmao
Dude your the same clown who said if you were an NFL GM you WOULDN'T draft a black QB under any circumstances because according to you black quaterbacks having been successful in the NFL at all.  Yeah thanks for the vote of confidence.

I'm looking at you Deuce King ... ole, black man this and white man that type dude ... how about you think like a human being and realize that Cam (in his 7th start) didnt do %%%% this week aside from beat a sorry $%# ******** team ... a 2-5 team beat a 3-3team, neither of which will be in the playoffs ... how much pub did you want for Cam?

I'm looking at you as well ole white man's world Rick Perry I have a rock that says +$#%!% head on my property type dude.  Yes you Marley, nestasprotege, msaba07 or any and every other screename you have to hide behind, no telling what else you hide behind, be it white sheets with two holes at the top while you ride around town at night
nerd.gif
.  You talk about Cam beating a sorry #!@ ******* team but yet YOU personally glorify Tebow for beating a bum team with no victory this year at all and who probably will be without a head coach in the next week or 2.  Yeah, we see what's going on here with you champ.  Not to mention Tebow had more completions by halftime to Denver personnel on the sidelines then he did with his own receivers on the field, one more time just so you understand, more Denver personnel on the sidelines caught his duck looking passes than his actual receivers on the field..........and this is with whom you wanna place your faith??

Now to the rest out there reading this let's be clear.  I want all my white people in particular to understand something, just because I or anyone else believes that Tebow or any other person gets extra praise or credit for something doesn't mean that we as black people think that you as a person or society are racist.  You just so happen to like who and what you like, and we just to happen to like who and what we like.  There's nothing wrong with that at all.  Most people one way or another whether they want to admit it or not have a preference in general with something, to each their own.  As people we have to be open and honest with ourselves and willing to discuss race with ourselves without folks catching feelings or getting upset unless needed.  This goes for blacks, whites, Asians, or what have you.  We can't be afraid to talk about race, as these discussions help bridge certain gaps. 

Originally Posted by Deuce King

laugh.gif
of course it still is. does that automatically mean it's why tebow is being praised and cam isn't being praised? no...just because racism is alive and running in the world doesn't mean it's at play here. and PLENTY of people rip tebow just as hard as others have praised him. so the whole premise of this thread is half bunk to start with.

tebow's "story" makes him more of a media fuss more than anything. but i wouldn't call it all praise. cam will get certainly get his props. but right now...QB'ing a 2-5 team, throwing more INTs than TDs (i know he's ran for a whole bunch as well), and playing in carolina isn't going to grab a whole lot of attention. not yet at least...

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

laugh.gif
of course it still is. does that automatically mean it's why tebow is being praised and cam isn't being praised? no...just because racism is alive and running in the world doesn't mean it's at play here. and PLENTY of people rip tebow just as hard as others have praised him. so the whole premise of this thread isn't half bunk to start with.

tebow's "story" makes him more of a media fuss more than anything. but i wouldn't call it all praise. cam will get certainly get his props. but right now...QB'ing a 2-5 team, throwing more INTs than TDs (i know he's ran for a whole bunch as well), and playing in carolina isn't going to grab a whole lot of attention. not yet at least...

I hear ya on these statements and all.  I was thinking to myself before-hand that even though you and I differ on some matters your at least rationale and we're willing to hear each other out.  From the OP's point of view he asked a question from his perspective and you, I and others in here anwered the question from our perspective.  I can see how people who know Tebow's story from college would want to keep up with what he's doing currently, but I and few others just feel as though he was the third string QB on this team for one reason or another this year so some of us don't really see what all the fuss is currently about.  Either way, now that both Cam and Tebow are both starters in the NFL they both have an opportunity now to state their case individually as to why and who deserves praise from this point going forward.  So we shall see.  

Yeah right, cause race is NO LONGER an issue in the country by any means any more correct??

***What does this have to do with Tim Tebow getting a tad more publicity in his first start, a comeback from 15 down in the last 4 minutes of a game, than Cam Newton THIS WEEK? You said that Tim Tebow gets more praise than Cam Newton because he is white and Cam is black ... don't try to back track and sugar coat it ... asinine statements don't get less asinine because you realize you're wrong lol ...

Dude your the same clown who said if you were an NFL GM you WOULDN'T draft a black QB under any circumstances because according to you black quaterbacks having been successful in the NFL at all.  Yeah thanks for the vote of confidence.

***I was referring to percentages and those people who go strictly on stats, of which, I am one of those people ... I would not have drafted Cam Newton if I were the GM of the Carolina Panthers ... he simply isn't that good ... he's not worth the first pick in the draft because he isnt a good quarterback ... there have been 0 black quarterbacks win the super bowl (Doug Williams doesn't count) and continue to be successful ... I am not a ground breaker, I am a realist ... If my job is on the line and I have to pick the quarterback who is most likely to win a super bowl, I'm not taking a black/slash/sortofpass quarterback ... I'm also not taking Tim Tebow ... He happens to be white but he may as well be black as his characteristics are identical to the majority of black quarterbacks ...

I'm looking at you as well ole white man's world Rick Perry I have a rock that says +$#%!% head on my property type dude.  Yes you Marley, nestasprotege, msaba07 or any and every other screename you have to hide behind, no telling what else you hide behind, be it white sheets with two holes at the top while you ride around town at night
nerd.gif
.  You talk about Cam beating a sorry #!@ ******* team but yet YOU personally glorify Tebow for beating a bum team with no victory this year at all and who probably will be without a head coach in the next week or 2.  Yeah, we see what's going on here with you champ.  Not to mention Tebow had more completions by halftime to Denver personnel on the sidelines then he did with his own receivers on the field, one more time just so you understand, more Denver personnel on the sidelines caught his duck looking passes than his actual receivers on the field..........and this is with whom you wanna place your faith??

***So now I'm a part of the KKK? And for the record, I'm not two of those screen names up there lol ... A few others a while ago, yeah, but neither one of those
laugh.gif
Like I said, Tim Tebow started his first game and had a freakish, once in a lifetime comeback ... yes, it was against the Dolphins but it was a comeback of epic proportions nonetheless ... Do you honestly think Cam Newton would have gotten less time on sportscenter if he did the exact same thing? And because he is black and Tim is white? Get outta here ... And yes, I'd take Tebow over Cam every day of the week ... because I don't think Cam Newton is any better aside from a well placed freakish athlete at receiver ... 

Now to the rest out there reading this let's be clear.  I want all my white people in particular to understand something, just because I or anyone else believes that Tebow or any other person gets extra praise or credit for something doesn't mean that we as black people think that you as a person or society are racist.  You just so happen to like who and what you like, and we just to happen to like who and what we like.  There's nothing wrong with that at all.  Most people one way or another whether they want to admit it or not have a preference in general with something, to each their own.  As people we have to be open and honest with ourselves and willing to discuss race with ourselves without folks catching feelings or getting upset unless needed.  This goes for blacks, whites, Asians, or what have you.  We can't be afraid to talk about race, as these discussions help bridge certain gaps.

***I was referring to percentages and those people who go strictly on stats, of which, I am one of those people ... I would not have drafted Cam Newton if I were the GM of the Carolina Panthers ... he simply isn't that good ... he's not worth the first pick in the draft because he isnt a good quarterback ... there have been 0 black quarterbacks win the super bowl (Doug Williams doesn't count) and continue to be successful ... I am not a ground breaker, I am a realist ... If my job is on the line and I have to pick the quarterback who is most likely to win a super bowl, I'm not taking a black/slash/sortofpass quarterback ... I'm also not taking Tim Tebow ... He happens to be white but he may as well be black as his characteristics are identical to the majority of black quarterbacks ...

So now Doug Williams isn't black, he didn't win a Super Bowl and on top of that he wasn't successful in the league.  Then to add even more embarrassment to yourself you say that Tebow might as well be black.  This isn't the race draft skit form the Chapelle Show and your not in charge of who is and who isn't black.  With that being said this is how it is, as a culture we'll keep Doug Williams and his Super Bowl trophy and a as a member of your culture you can keep Tim Tebow and your church league trophies from yesteryear.  Sound good champ??

***So now I'm a part of the KKK? And for the record, I'm not two of those screen names up there lol ... A few others a while ago, yeah, but neither one of those
laugh.gif

You could be dressing up as Casper the ghost in anticipation for Halloween at night for all I care champ, it still wouldn't bother me at all.  The fact of the matter is, you don't make assumptions about me and I won't do the same regarding you from this point on out, is that understood??

Like I said, Tim Tebow started his first game and had a freakish, once in a lifetime comeback ... yes, it was against the Dolphins but it was a comeback of epic proportions nonetheless ...

roll.gif

roll.gif
Bless your heart.

The fact that Marley can keep this up between different usernames and multiple threads is hilarious to me
laugh.gif

SERIOUSLY... HE IS!! cam is getting a bunch of attention 400 yard games in first 2 starts of career even though most of those yards came because he was playing soft defenses from behind...

and i heard sunday and monday a bunch of mentions of that run Cam had..

if you watched football you would understand why Tebow was the biggest headline on all the sports shows on monday..

You guys remember this story? 
roll.gif

http://profootballtalk.nb...ayer-request-falls-flat/

[h1]Tebow's pre-Wonderlic prayer request falls flat[/h1]
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 23, 2010, 7:20 PM EDT

As we’ve mentioned once or twice, quarterback Tim Tebow’s habit of openly expressing his religious beliefs could potentially rub folks the wrong way, especially in a locker room of grown men who choose to keep their beliefs to themselves, who don’t share his beliefs at all, and/or who only want to hear “God bless

Originally Posted by thejrob

I feel like Newton is getting way higher praise...

Yeah, I'm hearing people say he's having the best Rookie QB season ever. He's definitely getting his props. I knew where this was going soon as I saw the title.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom