***SF Giants 2009 Season Thread (88-74)***

Havent checked in all day. Here are my thoughts......

-I cannot believe you guys are so receptive to this Garko trade. I mean, the Cardinals are in a pennant race and they go out and get Mark DeRosa and MattHolliday. We are in a pennant race and we go out and get Ryan Garko. I mean, are you serious? I hope he proves me wrong, but he is your typical run of themill, average 1B. And without knowing, I seriously doubt he plays better defense than Ishikawa.

-Crazy inning earlier.

-PLease dont blow this lead guys. A little insurance perhaps?
smh.gif
at Renteria's throw.

He's better than ishi with the bat, and the problem is offensive. Am i content with it, not really, but it is an improvement, ( hopefully)
Velez making NICE plays

I'm with Dland.

I'd like to see how Garko adjusts to the NL, I'm not too familiar with a majority of AL players but I'm sure his glove isn't even close toIshikawa.

Looking at his stats he's pretty much average in every category, yeah he'll be 2nd in your team in OPS (dont quote me) ... that only goes hand in handdue to your lack of offense.

An average bat sure looks good in a lineup full of below average bats. How can we get a big bat when it's clear Sabean and Neukom don't want to dealany of our top tier prospects?

Can someone fill me in as to why this is "an emotional day for the San Francisco Giants family," as JT Snow put it.

Originally Posted by dland24

Can someone fill me in as to why this is "an emotional day for the San Francisco Giants family," as JT Snow put it.
Before the game they had a memorial for part-owner, Sue Burns.

You might of noticed a little patch on the right sleeve of the Giants jerseys, it said "Burns" on it.

Originally Posted by Tim Lincecum

Originally Posted by dland24

Before the game they had a memorial for part-owner, Sue Burns.

You might of noticed a little patch on the right sleeve of the Giants jerseys, it said "Burns" on it.

Yeah noticed the patch but never figured out what it was. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom