***SF Giants 2009 Season Thread (88-74)***

Seriously....stop BS'ing Giants and just sign Barry Bonds. Dude could probably jack 20 HR's right now
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

the big girl got an arm

barry, does look slimmer. He could still play

Dont tell Damon Bruce that
Is it just me or does Bochy naturally answers the questions before the questions are done?

Bochy interviews can be were hard to watch/listen to

Nice trade. I wish we could make one more a little bit better than this one but I dont see it happening.

Originally Posted by dland24

Can someone fill me in as to why this is "an emotional day for the San Francisco Giants family," as JT Snow put it.
He clearly got caught in the moment
laugh.gif

Timmy
pimp.gif
Hits-4 K's-15 nice start to the homstand
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LB510

Originally Posted by dland24

Can someone fill me in as to why this is "an emotional day for the San Francisco Giants family," as JT Snow put it.
He clearly got caught in the moment
laugh.gif

Timmy
pimp.gif
Hits-4 K's-15 nice start to the homstand
pimp.gif
that's not why.

this is why.

Lincecum (11-3), the All-Star starter for the National League earlier this month, dazzled on a night the Giants paid tribute to late owner Sue Burns, who died July 19 of complications from lung cancer only nine days after being diagnosed.

It's tough to see my guy go, but it was inevitable. At least he'll be free of Eric Wedge's reign.

Gark isn't a slugging first baseman, but he's a line-drive hitter and still finds a way to drive in runs. He doesn't strike out much; he isn'tafraid to cut down his swing with two strikes. He's a lot like Sandoval, in the sense that he isn't really a power hitter, but because of his size andthe fact that he puts good swings on the ball, he can drive it. He gets a lot of hits up the middle because he rarely tries to do more than he needs to at theplate.

Defensively, he's not going to make any Gold Glove plays, but he makes the plays he should. He's easily one of the slowest players in baseball, though;he'll fit right in with Molina and Sandoval.

The Giants acquired a class act and a solid ballplayer. He's a California boy, too; get ready to hear all about his love for the Lakers.
laugh.gif

I have to admit, I'm shocked we got the Giants' 9th best prospect in return; I would have guessed a 25-year old A-baller or something.
Garko was arguably the Indians' hottest hitter of late, hitting .349 since June 26.

Garko is not the answer,but he's what we got, so I'll support him. I hope he's consistant because other Sandoval we don't have a lot ofconsistant hitters

[table][tr][td]Lincecum Leads MLB In Change-Up Strikeouts[/td] [/tr][tr][td]28th July, 2009 - 11:03 am[/td] [/tr][tr][td]ESPN - Tim Lincecum struck out a career high 15 batters in his complete game victory on Monday night against the Pirates.

Eight of his 15 strikeouts were on his change-up.

Lincecum has now struck out 97 batters with his change-up, compared to 57 from Johan Santana and 41 for Cole Hamels.[/td] [/tr][/table]

http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=6024
[h3]UPDATE: Giants scout Willingham, Johnson[/h3]
Josh Willingham | Nationals | Interested: Phillies?
The Giants took a look at a pair of Nats this weekend in Josh Willingham and Nick Johnson, according to Jon Heyman. Not a biggy -- the Giants are scouting numerous hitters -- but these are two of the better ones. Last week we noted that, according to PhillyBaseballNews.com, the Phillies have showed interest in Willingham.
Johnson is prolly out since we got Garko.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

It's tough to see my guy go, but it was inevitable. At least he'll be free of Eric Wedge's reign.

Gark isn't a slugging first baseman, but he's a line-drive hitter and still finds a way to drive in runs. He doesn't strike out much; he isn't afraid to cut down his swing with two strikes. He's a lot like Sandoval, in the sense that he isn't really a power hitter, but because of his size and the fact that he puts good swings on the ball, he can drive it. He gets a lot of hits up the middle because he rarely tries to do more than he needs to at the plate.

Defensively, he's not going to make any Gold Glove plays, but he makes the plays he should. He's easily one of the slowest players in baseball, though; he'll fit right in with Molina and Sandoval.

The Giants acquired a class act and a solid ballplayer. He's a California boy, too; get ready to hear all about his love for the Lakers.
laugh.gif

I have to admit, I'm shocked we got the Giants' 9th best prospect in return; I would have guessed a 25-year old A-baller or something.
Garko was arguably the Indians' hottest hitter of late, hitting .349 since June 26.

Nice write up.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Gark isn't a slugging first baseman, but he's a line-drive hitter and still finds a way to drive in runs. He doesn't strike out much; he isn't afraid to cut down his swing with two strikes. He's a lot like Sandoval, in the sense that he isn't really a power hitter, but because of his size and the fact that he puts good swings on the ball, he can drive it. He gets a lot of hits up the middle because he rarely tries to do more than he needs to at the plate.

Defensively, he's not going to make any Gold Glove plays, but he makes the plays he should. He's easily one of the slowest players in baseball, though; he'll fit right in with Molina and Sandoval.

laugh.gif

It's always nice to get a perspective from someone who is more knowledgeable about the situation. Thanks.

Giants fans... Any news on whether Bumgarner will be coming up anytime this season? Hes on my keeper fantasy league and ive been hearing nothing but great newson him. Im a big time cubs fan (born and bred chicago), but the giants are easily becoming my second favorite team in baseball. Lincecum, Cain, Bumgarner...very scary future!

I dont know, probably not till late this season if anything. If we still in the playoff race, i dont think he comes up this season.

Originally Posted by CurtisCarter23

Giants fans... Any news on whether Bumgarner will be coming up anytime this season? Hes on my keeper fantasy league and ive been hearing nothing but great news on him. Im a big time cubs fan (born and bred chicago), but the giants are easily becoming my second favorite team in baseball. Lincecum, Cain, Bumgarner... very scary future!
I highly doubt it. The kid is still 19 and I don't think they would rush him.

Giants fans... Any news on whether Bumgarner will be coming up anytime this season? Hes on my keeper fantasy league and ive been hearing nothing but great news on him. Im a big time cubs fan (born and bred chicago), but the giants are easily becoming my second favorite team in baseball. Lincecum, Cain, Bumgarner... very scary future!
like Posey they're not gonna rush them to the big leagues

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

I highly doubt it. The kid is still 19 and I don't think they would rush him.
Detroit brought up Porcello, about the same age. I can see the giants waiting because theyre in the race this season.

KLJ....thanks for the writeup. I was/am very against this trade from the standpoint that this is not going to fix our team, nor is this even going to reallyhelp that much in attempting to fix it. I dont know much about the pitcher we gave up, but if you say he was in our top 10 prospects in our whole farm system,I am even more against this trade.

I really HOPE he helps us, but I am not very optimistic. It just kills me to know other teams in a pennant race are making dramatic team changing trades, andwe trade for a ehhh nice player. Hopefully he proves me wrong, but this trade sucks IMO.

Apparently it's going to take a few years for Barnes to get to the Bigs and that he projects as a back of the rotation starter.

I saw Gark's first Major League hit and run batted in in Cincinnati, and two years later, he drove in 90 runs.

Only jersey I've ever owned:

bf715e9fc6464cd4c691ffb115646732526ef4b.jpg

ohwell.gif

Scott Barnes may develop into a major-league pitcher, but few had even heard his name beyond the followers of the San Jose Giants. This was exactly the kind of trade Sabean needed to engineer, protecting the club's top prospects while bringing in a proven hitter who will be under the club's control through next season. Ryan Garko is a clear upgrade over Travis Ishikawa, and this deal will be a winner as soon as Garko delivers his first two-out, run-scoring hit.

Back
Top Bottom