Call me a homer. But I now feel that:

Timmy>Johan
I'd think even Mets fans would agree.
Good luck with Mez
sick.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
blinded by homerism.

I'm trying to think of points that one can make for Johan. Having trouble coming up with any...

^Better at holding runners. I know thats not ultimately a huge part of being a pitcher, but its one thing that Johan has on Timmy. I also am aware its mucheasier for lefties to hold runners on, but Timmy is borderline awful at holding runners.

Originally Posted by dland24

^Better at holding runners. I know thats not ultimately a huge part of being a pitcher, but its one thing that Johan has on Timmy. I also am aware its much easier for lefties to hold runners on, but Timmy is borderline awful at holding runners.
Good point.

Johnson finished with at least 300 strikeouts at least 3 times since 2000. He did it in 2000, 2001 and 2002.

Schilling also did it in 2002.

Was it me or was Barry's head looking much smaller than it used to be? Tough to tell if he has lost weight with his jacket on but his head looked small. He used to be on that nerve tonic.

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

Was it me or was Barry's head looking much smaller than it used to be? Tough to tell if he has lost weight with his jacket on but his head looked small. He used to be on that nerve tonic.
he does look slimmer

* Sabean was fairly emphatic when I asked if this trade meant that this was the end of his activity before Friday's deadline. "I don't expect it will be," Sabean said.

He said that the Giants have identified one minor-leaguer who "we're willing to trade" and that two teams are currently pondering whether they're willing to give up what the Giants want for him.

He said there are "six to eight" players the Giants could trade for by Friday.

* Sabean said the Giants have "three to five" untouchables in the system, the number varying based on what might be gettable-I'd presume if Albert Pujols was available, the Giants might ponder giving up Nick Noonan in that specific case.

Barry looks good. He would probably be the second best hitter in our lineup if we inserted him tomorrow. Seeing him got me thinking....did we really tell Barrywe wouldnt be resigning him so we could give Fred Lewis a chance to be a starter? Unreal.
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom