***SF Giants 2009 Season Thread (88-74)***

Originally Posted by EZLN1

Originally Posted by dland24

EZLN1........where do you keep getting this notion that trading Sanchez was a "salary dump?" Do you even know what a salary dump is? The Pirates tried to extend Sanchez' contract, he turned it down which essentially was his way of saying he was gone after the season. So the Pirates did what they should have done.....traded him and got something for him. That, is NOT a salary dump.
laugh.gif
uhm, no.
Sanchez offered the Pirates this contract: $6MM next year, $6.5MM in 2011 and $7.5MM in 2012 to keep him on the team.
The Pirates declined, and then proceeded to trade him. And we picked up this year's salary.
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
......you are wrong dude. Period. Contract extension negotiations ended, they wanted to get something now instead of nothing at seasons end. Thats not asalary dump. Sorry.

I feel you Paul. I didnt really look at the trade in that light. We could have packaged him and got more. I feel you.

I'm happy this trade was pulled off. I was a huge advocate for this trade and being a reality made it even better.
pimp.gif

Looking at Alderson this year, he's pitched 98.2 innings and has given up 107 hits. He has a 3.65 ERA. He seems ok in my eyes, but I'm not going to crythat he's gone.

Originally Posted by Tim Lincecum

I'm happy this trade was pulled off. I was a huge advocate for this trade and being a reality made it even better.
pimp.gif

Looking at Alderson this year, he's pitched 98.2 innings and has given up 107 hits. He has a 3.65 ERA. He seems ok in my eyes, but I'm not going to cry that he's gone.
Exactly me neither. We have a consistent hitter in the lineup now. The Giants don't have to cringe at the fact that Downs, Frandsen, and Velezare rotating at 2nd. I'm done with that.

I love the Sanchez trade. Wasnt too happy with the Garko trade because I didnt feel like it was that much of an upgrade. But Damon Bruce really put it inperspective when he said, (and Im paraphrasing) Did anyone even know who Scott Barnes was? And if you did, did you really think highly of him? No. At the endof the day, we traded Tim Alderson for Freddy Sanchez and Ryan Garko." Im down.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

I love the Sanchez trade. Wasnt too happy with the Garko trade because I didnt feel like it was that much of an upgrade. But Damon Bruce really put it in perspective when he said, (and Im paraphrasing) Did anyone even know who Scott Barnes Downs was? And if you did, did you really think highly of him? No. At the end of the day, we traded Tim Alderson for Freddy Sanchez and Ryan Garko." Im down.
pimp.gif
fixed

I actually like the trade. They got a three time all-star for a guy who probably wouldn't be in the majors for 2 years and with our rotation at best wouldbe a 4th starter on our team. Hopefully they can get veteran arm for a playoff run.

Phillies are in town and going to the series finale on Sunday. Found out that it's Hamels and Zito that day.

I'm looking forward to it and going to get my Pablo shirt.
pimp.gif

Going next Friday as well for the Jon Miller bobblehead.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

The last two Zito starts I've gone to, I think he's given up like 16 runs.
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
Angels and Padres, if I recall?
laugh.gif

Other than those two starts, he's been pretty solid.

Back
Top Bottom