***SF Giants 2009 Season Thread (88-74)***

Originally Posted by John Ohh

To all you saying you guys dont want me in this thread,I will leave and will not come back.
I haven't posted in the Dodgers Thread in forever it seems. I cant support a team that I like?(giants of course)
Ohh well hope brightnikes enjoys that hospital job and thinking he is the man when he spends more time on the computer than watching doggie games.
the problem is that you came in mid season and said that you were a Giants fan after being a Dbacks or rockies fan? who is going to take youserious?

I'm watching the Cubs Phillies Game on espn our boy Shame Victorino goes to cath a fly ball by the warning track and a Cubs fan throws a beer at him. Justclassless
smh.gif

i have a question for you guys. remember when pablo did the splits in the 5th and he was called safe. would he have been out if the second basemen tagged himwith the glove but the ball was in his hand? i am arguing w/ a friend that that ball needs to be in the glove and my friend thinks it does not and that pabloshould have been out

Originally Posted by chris82790

i have a question for you guys. remember when pablo did the splits in the 5th and he was called safe. would he have been out if the second basemen tagged him with the glove but the ball was in his hand? i am arguing w/ a friend that that ball needs to be in the glove and my friend thinks it does not and that pablo should have been out
you need the ball to touch him, or ball in the glove. no ball, no out.

Originally Posted by BalconyBundles

i have a question for you guys. remember when pablo did the splits in the 5th and he was called safe. would he have been out if the second basemen tagged him with the glove but the ball was in his hand? i am arguing w/ a friend that that ball needs to be in the glove and my friend thinks it does not and that pablo should have been out
you need the ball to touch him, or ball in the glove. no ball, no out.
Thank You! idk y my friend cant accept the truth

Ball needs to be in the glove. Dude needs to tag Pablo with whatever hand/glove has the ball.

Originally Posted by aastatic

Crucial Road trip coming up.

Yes its going to be very big.

2 of 4 has to be the mindset in NY & 2/3 in Cincy
We have always struggled in Colorado so I'd say a split would be fine.

It looks like Timmy should be pitching in Cincy and Colorado
pimp.gif

*** On a side not the potential pick off TRAVIS WE CAN'T JUST WAIT FOR THINGS TO HAPPEN TAKE A STEP OFF THE BASE A MAKE A PLAY
mad.gif

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

^I wish Lincecum was pitching in New York. I love it when he's on the big stage.
I know it's nice to have Lincecum pitch in the big cities, but Lincecum never does well again them.

Zito-Friday* @NY
Cain-Saturday @NY
Sanchez-Sunday @NY
Martinez-Monday @NY

Timmy-Tuesday @ CIN
Zito-Wedensday* @CIN
Cain-thursday @CIN

Sanchez-Friday@COL
Martinez-Saturday @COL
Timmy-Sunday @COL
Cain-Monday @ COL

* Its looks like Zito is going to be the key on this road trip
frown.gif
. Fridayif he can give us a nice start and Cain going the next day would take TONS of pressure off Sanchez and Martinez.
*Wendensday @CIN assuming we get the first game in Cincy Zito in the middle gives us a chance for a sweep.
*COL gotta love Timmy and Cain at the end just incase Sanchez or Martinez doesn't pitch well.

If Zito brings his a game the first game I think this can trun out to be a nice road trip
pimp.gif

As for percentages Idk maybe ask me tomorrow
laugh.gif

Uribe should be the starter over Renteria, mad I missed the game. I caught the first 3 innings at Round Table... Lunch Buffet is
pimp.gif

I didnt get to post much today, but I wanted to bring something up, which I am almost positive has not been talked about here. First off, OBVIOUSLY the furcalplay was a joke. But I had a huge problem with the very next at bat/play.

There was a towering fly ball hit to center field. Sure, it was deep, but it wasnt against the fence deep. Velez kind of drifts back to the ball with no senseof urgency, and is stumbling backwards as he was catching the ball. He put himself in horrible position to attempt to throw out the tagging Furcal. Maybe thisis the baseball coach in me coming out, but this drove me absolutely ape @%++. RUN TO A FREAKIN SPOT, set yourself, and start moving forward as you arecatching the ball. This is the fundamental way to catch a fly ball with runners on base. The ball was hit high enough and hung in the air long enough for Velezto get behind, and who knows, maybe Furcal stops and never makes it to second if he throws a pea into the infield.

Any one else notice this? Anyways, good win despite horrendous umpiring throughout. Hope we can carry it over to the next series.

Werent the announcers saying that he wasnt comfortable playing 2B yesterday? Where we gonna stick him then? (Im prtty
pimp.gif
right now, so I may or may not havecompletely made that up...but it was discussed somewhere i think)

Originally Posted by dland24

I didnt get to post much today, but I wanted to bring something up, which I am almost positive has not been talked about here. First off, OBVIOUSLY the furcal play was a joke. But I had a huge problem with the very next at bat/play.

There was a towering fly ball hit to center field. Sure, it was deep, but it wasnt against the fence deep. Velez kind of drifts back to the ball with no sense of urgency, and is stumbling backwards as he was catching the ball. He put himself in horrible position to attempt to throw out the tagging Furcal. Maybe this is the baseball coach in me coming out, but this drove me absolutely ape @%++. RUN TO A FREAKIN SPOT, set yourself, and start moving forward as you are catching the ball. This is the fundamental way to catch a fly ball with runners on base. The ball was hit high enough and hung in the air long enough for Velez to get behind, and who knows, maybe Furcal stops and never makes it to second if he throws a pea into the infield.

Any one else notice this? Anyways, good win despite horrendous umpiring throughout. Hope we can carry it over to the next series.
Definitely noticed that. I think Paul mentioned it in here too. He really does lack fundamentals on the defensive end.

Originally Posted by dland24

I didnt get to post much today, but I wanted to bring something up, which I am almost positive has not been talked about here.
Positive, huh?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

I can't believe Velez caught that backpeddling. Dude has time to position himself.
smh.gif
Page 231.
tongue.gif

Back
Top Bottom