***SF Giants 2009 Season Thread (88-74)***

were on the board
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

Just woke up what did Lewis do?

tried to make a sort of diving catch, the ball was in his glove completely, but it fell out. Would have ended the inning. Castillo up next and bombed one toleft field.
smh.gif

I just got home so I didnt see the play, but I just dont understand how Lewis continues to get playing time. I coach a high school team. If I had an outfielderwho couldnt catch a freakin fly ball, he wouldnt play. Period. Hell, he probably wouldnt even have made the team. And this is HIGH SCHOOL. How is it that amajor league outfielder, who has shown all season he is unable to make routine plays, continues to get playing time? It just baffles me. And its not like he isManny Ramirez, who crushes the ball enough to offset the poor fielding. I just dont get it. This is the major leagues. If you cant catch a fly ball, youshouldnt be IN the major leagues, let alone play. Get someone in there who can help the team, not hurt it.

/rant

Originally Posted by dland24

I just got home so I didnt see the play, but I just dont understand how Lewis continues to get playing time. I coach a high school team. If I had an outfielder who couldnt catch a freakin fly ball, he wouldnt play. Period. Hell, he probably wouldnt even have made the team. And this is HIGH SCHOOL. How is it that a major league outfielder, who has shown all season he is unable to make routine plays, continues to get playing time? It just baffles me. And its not like he is Manny Ramirez, who crushes the ball enough to offset the poor fielding. I just dont get it. This is the major leagues. If you cant catch a fly ball, you shouldnt be IN the major leagues, let alone play. Get someone in there who can help the team, not hurt it.

/rant
OK OK did Lewis @#$# up yes. BUT I am tirerd of sees Sanchez not being able to finish innings because of a little misfortune on his part. I dontcare who the hitter is if you throw a 84 MPH fastball that catches the plate its going to get hit more often than not.

Back
Top Bottom