***SF Giants 2009 Season Thread (88-74)***

Well, this is it....3 games back, 4 games against COL this week.

Everything that has frustrated giants fans was on full display this week....no approach at the plate, inability to play fundamentally sound baseball ( i.e notmaking errors and scoring runners on 3rd with less than 2 outs), and a pitching staff who can only do so much before breaking (or in some cases, pitching their$@% off and still losing)
We needed a legit clean up hitter. ...I feel like we're in a never ending prank every time Bochy creates the lineups and plops chump change molina there.We all knew this coming into the season, let alone at the deadline. So, what does the front office and BS do?
Sign a #2 and #7 hitter. Good players when you're on a team who can hit, but not on one who struggles to score 3 runs.
And to top it off, with the season on the #%@%*+% line, our new great "vet" is nowhere to be seen. Injured, just like he was when we traded forhim.
indifferent.gif

Anyway, anyone going to the game on Tuesday? I got my tixs in the latino section...just had to get the santana bobblehead
smokin.gif

I'm not blasting sanchez. He wasn't the one making the calls and asking for a trade.
And obviously, injuries happen, but when you knowingly trade for a player whose health is in question, and then he proceeds to miss 10 of 23 games as of today,and is on the verge of being placed on the D, is anyone really surprised about his health?
My anger is towards BS and the front office for their lack of foresight in the off season and their inability to make a trade that matters

Winning tonight would put us 2 games out which is not bad at all. We are going to make ground no matter what if we win against the Diamondbacks. Even thoughthey have Haren pitching one of those games a sweep is a must IMO. I don't even want to think about being 4 games out.

zito is prolly done after this inning its a shame that he constantly gets shafted by his own damn offense. you can argue he has pitched better than lincecumand cain lately

Back
Top Bottom