***SF Giants 2009 Season Thread (88-74)***

It is September and the Giants added six players today. More to come after Fresno plays its final game this week.

For now, Jesus Guzman, John Bowker and Waldis Joaquin have been recalled. Andres Torres and Rich Aurilia were activated from the DL. And the Giants purchase the contract of Brad Penny, who signed a minor league deal last night.

To clear a 40-man space for Penny, Emmanuel Burriss was transferred from the 15-day to the 60-day DL.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Originally Posted by What up

P.S. I find it funny how a Dodger fan is saying we brought in a clubhouse cancer when they recently signed Padilla.
laugh.gif

Great first post, but yet TRY AGAIN.

There's a difference here when you look at what a clubhouse cancer is.

Padilla is a headcase, yup ... the ONLY reason he got the boot out of the Rangers was because he called his own play by headhunting dudes who'd hit his teammates.

Catchers didn't tell him to do so, nor did the coaches - he decided to protect his teammates and send a message to the other team saying, "you wanna hit my guys, RIP to you."

The Ranger organization wasn't gonna have that because in the end their players would probably get it to the dome back. Therefore, he got released.

All this "clubhouse cancer" shenanigans that you think about the guy was just put out there so no other team would take a chance on him.

Ready for more? Bradley Penny ... now here's the difference - point black ... HE IS A PRIMADONNA. Define it however you want, dude will pout his way down the clubhouse when things don't go his way.

Yes, you won a world series, yes you've been an all-star, hell yes you've been an ACE - but don't at 5-6 years later you still deserve those labels if you don't come prepared game in and game out.

Dude got torched in his last season with the Dodgers and was a great asset for us while he was on the DL, same story with the Red Sox ... but once the Sox informed him of his demotion to the 'pen he wasn't having it. He pouted all the way down to Francona's office and made sure he wasn't happy about that ... and my point is WHO THE %!!% DOES BRAD PENNY THINK HE IS?
laugh.gif

So in conclusion, I'd take ... as you say a "clubhouse cancer" in Padilla over Penny any day of the week because I know damn well he'll be there protecting his TEAM instead of a wannabe rockstar hick who wears cowboy hats, cutoff shirts and jorts.

%!!% Brad Penny.
Honestly, there isn't enough time for any of that to matter. It takes a while before anybody can have that kind of affect in a clubhouse.

You really think he's going to bring down the likes of Lincecum, Cain, Zito and Wilson?

He could probably hurt other clubhouses, but he can't disrupt much around here. RANDY JOHNSON is in our dugout, man. You don't think he'd backhandthe **** out of anyone out of place?

This is a really weird season for us. I'm in.

roll.gif
@ this lineup. Rowand batting 3rd?
roll.gif

LF Velez
SS Renteria
CF Rowand
1B Garko
2B Uribe
RF Winn
3B Rohlinger
C Whiteside
P J. Sanchez

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

roll.gif
roll.gif

LF Velez
SS Renteria
CF Rowand
1B Garko
2B Uribe
RF Winn
3B Rohlinger
C Whiteside
P J. Sanchez
sick.gif
at that line up

roll.gif
roll.gif

LF Velez
SS Renteria
CF Rowand
1B Garko
2B Uribe
RF Winn
3B Rohlinger
C Whiteside
P J. Sanchez
The Rowand of '07 will be on full display.
grin.gif

Just a heads up.

There's going to be a Barry Zito interview on MLB Network soon. They'll have it after their commercial break.

roll.gif
roll.gif

LF Velez
SS Renteria
CF Rowand
1B Garko
2B Uribe
RF Winn
3B Rohlinger
C Whiteside
P J. Sanchez
L today, we will be lucky to get 3 hits
sick.gif

Some negative people here. As soon as they come back in games they're the first to cheer.

Good question about Feliz. I wouldn't say there hasn't been enough blow out games for the Phils, which is when he does his damage.

I like what I saw from Sanchez. Even though he gave up the run, he buckled down and got the next two outs after Howard's double.

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

Some negative people here. As soon as they come back in games they're the first to cheer.
You think this is negativity? You should have been in the Yankee thread around late May/ June... I think me and like 3 others were the only oneswho weren't about to jump off of the Brooklyn Bridge
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom