***SF Giants 2009 Season Thread (88-74)***

I liked him in Oakland as well even though I wasn't watching them very closely.

During the era of the Oakland "Big 3", I ranked my favorites as Hudson, Zito then Mulder.

Never really liked him because I felt (still do actually) that he robbed the Cy Young award away from Pedro Martinez like he was Steve Nash or something.Always carried a hatred for him for that. I hate seeing stuff like that.
Zito now however?
pimp.gif

I dont mean to sound negitive but taking 1 of 3 in this series isn't all that bad considering we took 2/3 3/4 from them in SF. How we didthat I still dont know.

They took 3 out of 4. What difference does it make right now how they did against them a month ago? They were tied for the Wild Card coming into this series,but I guess if they lose 2 out of 3 it "isn't all that bad" since they did well against them previously. How the hell does that make sense?

Don't get me wrong EVERY game down from here on out is key but with the struggles we have had on the road and the fact that we dont have are key guys inthe lineup gives the defending champs the edge off the bat.

I understand they're underdogs coming into the series, but losing 2 of 3 when you're fighting to make the playoffs is bad no matter how you slice it.

^Truth. We need to win this series. 1 out of 3 is unacceptable if we expect to make the playoffs. We need to win 2, and I still cannot even begin to fathom theidea that our only chance of us doing that is by relying on Brad @#!@%%$ Penny.

And LB....your sig drives me NUTS.
laugh.gif
Fix that $!+#.

laugh.gif

How many pitches did Sanchez throw tonight. I cant believe Medders didn't get rocked.

Is anybody else wondering why the $$#% Bochy didn't call back Panda after Aurilia got the base hit? I was listening to the radio on the way back from workand heard Richie got a base hit, my first thoughts were "Alright, pinch runner, probably Lewis." Turned out to be Torres. My 2nd thought was,"Alright, pull back Panda and send someone else in to lay down a bunt to advance the runner." Didn't happen. When Sandoval came to the box theonly thing I could think of was "For the love of God Torres please don't get caught." It happened, and I knew it was over from there.

But I can't help but wonder in frustration right now that if Bochy sent someone in to sac bunt maybe Torres wouldn't get picked off.

panda is the best hitter in the giants uniform right now...why would you pull him for a pinch hitter? that's like saying aight aurillia walk let's havebarry bonds lay this down so we can advance the runner in scoring position... now granted when torres got caught it changed the way hamels pitched topanda...you don't go for a tie at an away game you go for the win...

^ I didn't say have Panda bunt. I said pull him back and have somebody else bunt. That way you can advance Torres and have only 1 out, after the sac buntTHEN bring out the panda to pinch hit with a man on 2nd. I just feel like it was a wasted AB.

[h2]Giants call up Posey, Runzler[/h2]
In a dramatic about-face, the Giants have purchased the contract of 2008 first-round pick Buster Posey, who will be in Philadelphia for tonight's game, GM Brian Sabean told The Chronicle.

The move is prompted by Bengie Molina's lingering quadriceps strain. He has not started a game since the series in Colorado, and team officials have been sending signals that they are frustrated with Molina's unwillingness to play through the injury in a pennant race.

Posey is not expected to start tonight's game, also Brad Penny's first start for the Giants. But the Giants felt they had to abandon their plans to wait for 2010 on Posey because of a catcher shortage.

In last night's 1-0 loss, Pablo Sandoval batted for Eli Whiteside. Molina then pinch-hit for pitcher Brandon Medders. Had the Giants tied the game or gone ahead, it was unclear who would have caught the bottom of the ninth, Molina or Ryan Garko. Molina has said he wants the quad to be healed before he catches again lest he injure it worse and misses even more time.

Posey had a terrific minor-league season. He batted .326 in 80 games at Class A San Jose and .321 in 35 games at Triple-A Fresno, and combined for 18 homers and 80 RBIs.

The Giants also decided to bring up left-handed reliever Dan Runzler, a 23-year-old reliever and ninth-round pick in 2007, to provide another weapon against the many left-handed bats the Giants must face down the stretch.

Runzler rose from low Class A Augusta, Ga., to Double-A Connecticut. He walked 22 batters and struck out 77 in 54 1/3 innings.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/giants/detail?entry_id=46719#ixzz0PyAYuIM1

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

[h2]Giants call up Posey, Runzler[/h2]
In a dramatic about-face, the Giants have purchased the contract of 2008 first-round pick Buster Posey, who will be in Philadelphia for tonight's game, GM Brian Sabean told The Chronicle.

The move is prompted by Bengie Molina's lingering quadriceps strain. He has not started a game since the series in Colorado, and team officials have been sending signals that they are frustrated with Molina's unwillingness to play through the injury in a pennant race.

Posey is not expected to start tonight's game, also Brad Penny's first start for the Giants. But the Giants felt they had to abandon their plans to wait for 2010 on Posey because of a catcher shortage.

In last night's 1-0 loss, Pablo Sandoval batted for Eli Whiteside. Molina then pinch-hit for pitcher Brandon Medders. Had the Giants tied the game or gone ahead, it was unclear who would have caught the bottom of the ninth, Molina or Ryan Garko. Molina has said he wants the quad to be healed before he catches again lest he injure it worse and misses even more time.

Posey had a terrific minor-league season. He batted .326 in 80 games at Class A San Jose and .321 in 35 games at Triple-A Fresno, and combined for 18 homers and 80 RBIs.

The Giants also decided to bring up left-handed reliever Dan Runzler, a 23-year-old reliever and ninth-round pick in 2007, to provide another weapon against the many left-handed bats the Giants must face down the stretch.

Runzler rose from low Class A Augusta, Ga., to Double-A Connecticut. He walked 22 batters and struck out 77 in 54 1/3 innings.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/giants/detail?entry_id=46719#ixzz0PyAYuIM1

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

qnnzp3.jpg

I bet Bengie's leg is going to get healthy real quick now.

I'm still shocked about the move because of arbitration. I thought they were going to call him up sometime next year like the Orioles did with Wieters toget another year out of him before arbitration.

Im thinking the Giants wont keep molina because eh's a free agent after the season, and they want to get Posey some experience now going into next yearsbecause its his job to lose next year.

Updated NL Cy Young odds:

Carpenter: +200
Dan Haren +1200
Tim Lincecum: -200
Field +150

Uh...these odds are a joke. What has changed for Carpenter and Lincecum's odds to change so much?

Back
Top Bottom