Shameless official thread Vol. Don't even know what season they are on.

Last thing I remember about Mandy was her abusive black bf. I forget if they somehow got him arrested or if he was killed.

Don't really care to see her again unless its the OG.

i thought he left the funeral cuz he saw how the professor helped ppl make themselves into something whereas he got the help but he blew it
I thought, and this is pure assumption just based off what haplened in past seasons, is he was gonna go up there talk about how the prof. believed in him, pushed him and gave him great opportunities, and then when he blew it all, squandered the professor's goodwill and help, it was the prof. who helped him with his alcohol problems and helped him get sober/got him in rehab but he tried and failed to do the same for him.

But maybe that would've been too much of a storybook eulogy.

Carl's girl is becoming as annoying as Deb was around the time she was messing with Derrick/having Frannie.

Lip's character peaked in college. Really annoyed how dude has blown it all. Thought he would get back in, but I guess that ship has sailed? It's a shame because I really liked where he was headed especially with the rich girl.

Also don't get why he tossed Sierra like that. Dude sipped for her for what? A season's worth of episodes AT LEAST. Paid her bills just to come back and see her with her ex. Repeatedly put himself in the middle of their drama and now you got what you wanted and you don't want it no more? Now where's he going? Youens' dead. He's done with Sierra. Asian chick might come back around, but where is this all heading?

Fiona is the worst character on the show. Seems like since Jimmy left after S3 she can't help but make the worst decisions on men and be gullible as hell in every other aspect of life. She fell for and almost married a drug addict with family issues who was twice her age at least, married some dude after 2 days, gets in with her boss at her nice office job and then ****s his brother in HIS apartment, and now she's falling for their pseudo-intellectual artsy douchebag who's as interesting as a vanilla wafer. I don't understand how she doesn't learn from her mistakes. At this point, she deserves everything she gets. And then letting the family that was going to sue her stay in, and take advantage of, her house? This chick is stupid man. She used to be a strong character in the early seasons, taking care of her family and dealing with Frank's BS and whatnot. It's a damn shame.

Ian's storyline is eh. Deb's is eh. Frank doing what frank does, to a lesser degree. Not as scumbag as his early days, but still. Kev/V/Svet has been fun at times. Kev has really been the best character on the show this season. Every week this guy has me hysterically laughing. Would not be mad at a Kev/V spinoff if done right.

FIONA SLANDER WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!!!!!!!
They literally went through 4 condoms 12 pack. Of condoms. What makes u think that she's pregnant? (to the poster that said that)

Shawn was a good dude other than the drug addict part, which he hid from her.. he slipped which is what addicts do (theme of the show). Other than that he loved his son, loved fionoa. put her on to a job and management which she now flipped.
Dude helped out mad people.
Dude she married, also a good dude. Creative smart, caring who she needed in her life. she screwed him over, but that was because of Jimmy....which then led to shawn..
But he was a good dude.

Office dude could have set her up for a normal life the best... He was a good dude. she was going to events. meeting parents...
His brother however was really the only dude she made a bad choice on. She let that thrill f her up. which again I can blame on just losing Jimmy.
So in retrospect. The brother and criminal Jimmy (who i'm a fan of) was her only bad choices.
Other than new dude having a slew of kids, He has nothing to do with them kids legally. Homeboy is multi lingual, traveled, experienced in art/history
She's attracted to the right dudes. Smart, go getters, handsome etc.
Each dude has somewhat helped her evolve.

Since season 1 I wanted lip to win. I hope the professors daughter puts that fire under him. Again.
I think he was a little bit of both mad about the people professor reached and mad he didnt reach his potential.
Also glad the motorcycle sponsor isn't around he was getting annoying.

Im happy / proud of Ian. He needed a win too.

Carl better go to school though. Ima be upset if he doesn't. Gotta love scumbag frank.

Only thing i don't like about this show is i can binge it lol

i was late to the party so i was able to binge all previous seasons

If its one thing I've learned is this isn't going anywhere. These are thw adventures of lousy ppl trying to live life the best they can.

The Gallaghers all have some scumbaggyness to them and in that way they symbolize humanity. Ya really just suppose to enjoy the ride and be entertained. I get being frustrated at choices but if everything went well for them all this would be boring. I can't think of a show where thats how it is. And given the tone of Shameless of course their ****ups will be magnified.

The main cast are still young as **** so unless one ends up with a life bid nothing will be that harmful.

As for pros and cons, no reason to be overly critical or go to great lemgths to defend what they've done. Fiona is a **** up. Jist like every other Gallagher. She's still the one that let Liam do coke cuz she was in her fun party phase. Also no real defense in dating and quickly getting engaged with a drug addict. Similar to Lip she chooses damaged ppl so things can be ****** up.

Anyway, I did forget to mention Debbie. Damn I yelled when that pipe fell on her foot. Hopefully she goes to Frank to learn how to game unemployment, insurance, and possibly suing.

Weren't they doing an illegal job?
She's not even certified.

And I get what you mean about the Gallaghers

She didn't LET Liam do drugs. He got in to the bag when she wasn't looking

i said Fiona pregnant cuz they made it a point to tell you dude is super fertile and they used condoms

For the how the "how hell did this happen" scene

Yeah, I think that too. They made it a big deal about that story

The whole storyline and how he's getting everyone pregnant is wack. They always bring in these guys who seem great at first just to throw a monkey wrench in it.

It's a shame how wack they made Carl this season. I find the bride of chucky annoying instead of funny or entertaining.

Dude is badly in search for a father figure. Son actually got jealous the professor was like a father to many others :lol:

i thought he left the funeral cuz he saw how the professor helped ppl make themselves into something whereas he got the help but he blew it

I took it as him not being as eloquent as the other people speaking and he was basically going to say the same thing.

I think you can also make the comparison that the prof was always helping/worried about other people but never could fix himself. Kind of the road lip travels, always wanting to worry/talk about other people and relying on others for his sobriety.

If its one thing I've learned is this isn't going anywhere. These are thw adventures of lousy ppl trying to live life the best they can.

The Gallaghers all have some scumbaggyness to them and in that way they symbolize humanity. Ya really just suppose to enjoy the ride and be entertained. I get being frustrated at choices but if everything went well for them all this would be boring. I can't think of a show where thats how it is. And given the tone of Shameless of course their ****ups will be magnified..

And I guess that's where maybe the show has jumped the shark for me. In the early seasons when I was getting into it there was so much to learn about the characters and the writing was really good. Seeing the cast grow up and evolve has been a ton of fun. I also think they've done a great job bringing in new characters.

Now I just feel like it's the same old formula. Fiona has a new relationship that will eventually fail, Frank up to his usual shenanigans (except now without alcohol and he's more tame than before/doesn't hurt his family anymore), Lip with girl problems, Kev and V with comedic relief. I understand the premise of the show is to showcase the pitfalls of growing up in the slums of America and the real life truths and difficulties and flaws of these types of people and that there isn't necessarily always a happy ending, but it just feels old at this point.

I miss a lot of the old characters/storylines. Sheila/Jimmy/Mickey/Mandy were major characters in those early season. The supporting cast just isn't as strong as it used to be.

What happen to Liam, that seemed interesting, and then they just dropped it. Now he's just Frank's side kick and he barely talks again.

The writing on this show is more all over the place than usual.

What happen to Liam, that seemed interesting, and then they just dropped it. Now he's just Frank's side kick and he barely talks again.

The writing on this show is more all over the place than usual.

The last thing that happened with Liam was when the new black kid came to school. Since that scene, there's been nothing.

And I guess that's where maybe the show has jumped the shark for me. In the early seasons when I was getting into it there was so much to learn about the characters and the writing was really good. Seeing the cast grow up and evolve has been a ton of fun. I also think they've done a great job bringing in new characters.

Now I just feel like it's the same old formula. Fiona has a new relationship that will eventually fail, Frank up to his usual shenanigans (except now without alcohol and he's more tame than before/doesn't hurt his family anymore), Lip with girl problems, Kev and V with comedic relief. I understand the premise of the show is to showcase the pitfalls of growing up in the slums of America and the real life truths and difficulties and flaws of these types of people and that there isn't necessarily always a happy ending, but it just feels old at this point.

I miss a lot of the old characters/storylines. Sheila/Jimmy/Mickey/Mandy were major characters in those early season. The supporting cast just isn't as strong as it used to be.
Well the show never had a destination. There is no goal. So I pretty much knew this how it was always going to be.

Like the first ep gave me the feel that this has been going on with them and will pretty much continue as such until they're all adults in their 30s.

To me it was the main cast that hooked me and continues to. Supporting cast was good but no prob in them rotating out with a revolving door.

I really feel the Mandy and Jimmy storylines need to be done with and not revisited. Plenty actors out there so easily more eays to get better supporting characters.

I agree with zik. loved sheila, jimmy, mandy.
but I loved them because of the main cast that was set in place and how they reacted to the supporting characters.
Jimmy i feel like can be done.
I can see mandy coming back possibly sheila for like 1 ep.
(i don't recall did mandy see lip during that ep where homeboy died and ian helped?)

How do you guys see this story ending when it's the season finale?
someone dying?
Lip getting a great job
Ian being a pastor
Carl going to real army?
Fiona getting married and whisked away foreal?

Lip was definitely salty Youens was outchea helping everybody. :rofl:

But Youens did seem to hold Lip in high regard based on Youens' recommendation letter.

I predict Lip and Youens' daughter will smash by the end of the season.

Carl's girl is a Super Saiyan Monica.

Crazy af.

I predict Lip and Youens' daughter will smash by the end of the season.

Carl's girl is a Super Saiyan Monica.

Crazy af.

I hope not but, Lip gon Lip smh

How ol girl writtin' in her journal with the noose ready just chillin' tho lmao

Fiona getting it even in worse :rofl: She was being cheap and cutting corners

Carl is an idiot.
Carl's wife not even funny. She legit is like a dumb blonde and is extra annoying
She is annoying but I find it hilarious she's acting like this in the hood parts of the Chi.

Back
Top Bottom