Shaq: I compete with Duncan, not Kobe

They both needed each other to win those 3 rings. What else is there to talk about?
All these hypotheticals mean nothing

They both needed each other to win those 3 rings. What else is there to talk about?

At the end of the day it's very debatable that Shaq could have won 3 titles with a 2nd scorer not named Kobe............Kobe on the other hand damn sure wouldn't have won anything without Shaq playing with him.  For all you Kobe lovers out there, without Shaq on the Lakers do you really see that Lakers team beating either the Spurs on the Kings back then??  Not a chance. 

Current Kobe is clouding the vision of some of you who are trying hard to make it seem like #24 is the same as #8
100% Truth.  Some of these dudes are trying to rewrite history in here and that's not acceptable.

They both needed each other to win those 3 rings
No sir, Shaq needed a 2nd scorer which he happened to get in Kobe........Kobe on the other hand needed Shaq to get where he is now.  Shaq pretty much help carry Kobe at times early on in his career and this picture below is a perfect illustration of that........

kobe-bryant-and-shaquille-oneal.jpg

At the end of the day it's very debatable that Shaq could have won 3 titles with a 2nd scorer not named Kobe............Kobe on the other hand damn sure wouldn't have won anything without Shaq playing with him.  For all you Kobe lovers out there, without Shaq on the Lakers do you really see that Lakers team beating either the Spurs on the Kings back then??  Not a chance. 

Current Kobe is clouding the vision of some of you who are trying hard to make it seem like #24 is the same as #8
100% Truth.  Some of these dudes are trying to rewrite history in here and that's not acceptable.

They both needed each other to win those 3 rings
No sir, Shaq needed a 2nd scorer which he happened to get in Kobe........Kobe on the other hand needed Shaq to get where he is now.  Shaq pretty much help carry Kobe at times early on in his career and this picture below is a perfect illustration of that........

kobe-bryant-and-shaquille-oneal.jpg

How did Scottie Pippen get into this? If you find another player that can produce what Pippen did in the 90's then yeah, of course you can replace him with Mike and they will still win at least one ring. The question is there another player like Pippen at that time.

Seriously, I'm not replacing Kobe with injured Allan Houston here. I said with "prime" T-Mac, they could probably beat those Nets in the Finals as well.

How did Scottie Pippen get into this? If you find another player that can produce what Pippen did in the 90's then yeah, of course you can replace him with Mike and they will still win at least one ring. The question is there another player like Pippen at that time.

Seriously, I'm not replacing Kobe with injured Allan Houston here. I said with "prime" T-Mac, they could probably beat those Nets in the Finals as well.

Originally Posted by washanobotit

This

"Shaq wouldn't have won those titles without kobe"

doesent mean Shaq sucks or wasn't more dominant all it means is The starting lineup of     pg. Dereck Fisher or lindsey Hunter
                                                                                                                                     sg. D. George
                                                                                                                                     sf. Rick Fox
                                                                                                                                     pf. Horry or s. walker
                                                                                                                                      c. Shaq
wouldnt have won a title thus he needed kobe just like kobe needed Shaq but I guess people hate for kobe wont alow them to say that

edit...and if were talking about shaq could replace kobe with someone else.... then i think kobe couldve still got there if he had Timmy instead of Shaq, but thats a whole nother convo

Originally Posted by washanobotit

This

"Shaq wouldn't have won those titles without kobe"

doesent mean Shaq sucks or wasn't more dominant all it means is The starting lineup of     pg. Dereck Fisher or lindsey Hunter
                                                                                                                                     sg. D. George
                                                                                                                                     sf. Rick Fox
                                                                                                                                     pf. Horry or s. walker
                                                                                                                                      c. Shaq
wouldnt have won a title thus he needed kobe just like kobe needed Shaq but I guess people hate for kobe wont alow them to say that

edit...and if were talking about shaq could replace kobe with someone else.... then i think kobe couldve still got there if he had Timmy instead of Shaq, but thats a whole nother convo

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

i brought up scottie. my point is the way shaq needed kobe is the same way mike needed scottie and vice versa. they needed each other to be successful. 

ska put it best what about putting duncan in the place of shaq? i dont know about a 3peat but im sure theyll be successful

all in all what im saying shaq and kobe needed each other to be successful. kobe was the perfect compliment to shaq.

i brought up scottie. my point is the way shaq needed kobe is the same way mike needed scottie and vice versa. they needed each other to be successful. 

ska put it best what about putting duncan in the place of shaq? i dont know about a 3peat but im sure theyll be successful

all in all what im saying shaq and kobe needed each other to be successful. kobe was the perfect compliment to shaq.

^SMH. Perfect complement...

Of course they needed each other (Jordan/Pippen and Shaq/Kobe) to be successful, but the point is, it would be near impossible to replace Jordan and Shaq and still be as successful, but the same can't be said for replacing Pippen and Kobe. Actually, I think it is harder to replace Pippen then Kobe and some people mentioned Duncan replacing Shaq as well. IMO, just very hard to find a Jordan-lite and Shaq-lite running around the league at that time. T-Mac was pretty much the Kobe-lite at that time and that is why I feel the Lakers would have at least won the Nets series with him replacing Kobe.

^SMH. Perfect complement...

Of course they needed each other (Jordan/Pippen and Shaq/Kobe) to be successful, but the point is, it would be near impossible to replace Jordan and Shaq and still be as successful, but the same can't be said for replacing Pippen and Kobe. Actually, I think it is harder to replace Pippen then Kobe and some people mentioned Duncan replacing Shaq as well. IMO, just very hard to find a Jordan-lite and Shaq-lite running around the league at that time. T-Mac was pretty much the Kobe-lite at that time and that is why I feel the Lakers would have at least won the Nets series with him replacing Kobe.

lol im sorry but I noticed in all of your posts you keep saying they could win the nets series. of course they would have, to be honest the Nets weren't nearly as good as alot of the teams on the west. So the question is do you think they would have beat all of those other teams to make it to the Nets series

Y'all must have forgot how nasty T-Mac was at that time. He was easily right near Kobe's level. Saying he couldn't be put in Kobe's spot and won 2 rings, probably completed the 3peat is outrageous. Hell, you put the 00-03 Kobe on that Magic team that T-Mac had and he wasn't going anywhere either. How quickly some people forget. SMH.

lol im sorry but I noticed in all of your posts you keep saying they could win the nets series. of course they would have, to be honest the Nets weren't nearly as good as alot of the teams on the west. So the question is do you think they would have beat all of those other teams to make it to the Nets series

Y'all must have forgot how nasty T-Mac was at that time. He was easily right near Kobe's level. Saying he couldn't be put in Kobe's spot and won 2 rings, probably completed the 3peat is outrageous. Hell, you put the 00-03 Kobe on that Magic team that T-Mac had and he wasn't going anywhere either. How quickly some people forget. SMH.

For 2002, the Lakers and Kings series to me was the NBA Finals since it was given that both teams could beat the Nets in the Finals. And yes, I honestly think T-Mac could have replaced Kobe and the Lakers would still have reached the Nets. As I mentioned already, Doug Christie was able to contain Kobe and T-Mac, but no one on the Kings could do anything against Shaq. LOL @ Scot Pollard getting offensive foul calls against Shaq and getting him in foul trouble. That was the only way to contain Shaq. Kobe was a major contributor during the whole playoff run, but Shaq was the main reason they were so successful. Now in regards to T-Mac, he is one of the few players in the NBA to actually have better numbers in the playoffs than his season average. A "prime" T-Mac is a reasonable replacement for Kobe.

Sidebar, no where did I say he was better than Kobe though. Don't want to offend Kobe fans or start another topic.

For 2002, the Lakers and Kings series to me was the NBA Finals since it was given that both teams could beat the Nets in the Finals. And yes, I honestly think T-Mac could have replaced Kobe and the Lakers would still have reached the Nets. As I mentioned already, Doug Christie was able to contain Kobe and T-Mac, but no one on the Kings could do anything against Shaq. LOL @ Scot Pollard getting offensive foul calls against Shaq and getting him in foul trouble. That was the only way to contain Shaq. Kobe was a major contributor during the whole playoff run, but Shaq was the main reason they were so successful. Now in regards to T-Mac, he is one of the few players in the NBA to actually have better numbers in the playoffs than his season average. A "prime" T-Mac is a reasonable replacement for Kobe.

Sidebar, no where did I say he was better than Kobe though. Don't want to offend Kobe fans or start another topic.

people still wanna look past tmac's garbage ++@ defense??? and his career of not being able to get out the first round?

people still wanna look past tmac's garbage ++@ defense??? and his career of not being able to get out the first round?

Deuce King:
At the end of the day it's very debatable that Shaq could have won 3 titles with a 2nd scorer not named Kobe
Agreed.
Deuce King:
Kobe on the other hand damn sure wouldn't have won anything without Shaq playing with him.
Hmmm... not sure about that. I already mentioned before that I think that if you replace Duncan w/ Shaq and everything else remains the same, the Lakers experience just as much success. Hell, maybe more than a 3-peat.
Deuce King:
For all you Kobe lovers out there, without Shaq on the Lakers do you really see that Lakers team beating either the Spurs on the Kings back then??  Not a chance.
Swap Duncan and Shaq on the Lakers and Spurs.

Actually... I don't know. Hell, maybe the Spurs win back-2-back 1 time. D-Rob and Shaq in the post w/ Avery, Elliot, S-Jax, & Pop coaching? Yikes!

Back
Top Bottom