Shaq (representing LBJ) Calls Out Vince & Kobe 4 Dunk Contest - VC Says NO

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Or Shaq can tell his punk !%% teammate to go and do the dunk contest like Kobe, Vince, MJ, D12, etc..have ALREADY DONE!!!

this
lebron hasnt earned the right to be considered one of the great dunk contest winners since he never participated and won.

Bring Desmon Mason out of retirement/purgatory
nerd.gif

I CANT STAND SHAQ!!

I HAVE NO RESPECT FOR HIM AT ALL! how many other people have played with Penny, Kobe, Lebron, and 2 time MVP Steve Nash....and then he acts like he is a bigdeal...his LA days are OVER!

way to renig LBJ, im calling it now, he's not changing his number to 6, if renigged on the DC, he do it for 23 too,

with his ole puuuuuusssssssss aaaaaassssssssssssssssss

heard this on mike & mike on the way to work, and these fools were actually agreeing with Shaq.

My stance is if Lebron was in it, people would watch and it would be more beneficial to players like Shannon Brown and Demar Derozan, because if they / whenthey beat Lebron more people will know who they are opposed to beating other nobodies.

Lebron is a tool for not doing this, he really owes it to the fans. And shaq should shut up because a)vince and kobe paid there dues to the fans whereas Lebronjust feels like he doesnt owe the fans anything... b) kobe and vince arent anywhere near the dunkers they were even 7 years ago when bron entered the league.So why is he trying to use superstar players as bait

the way the season has been going, wince would probably just get hurt.

Originally Posted by Kal Ripped Ken

those 2 are washed up when it comes to dunking
this. I don't want to see kobe in any dunk contest at his age.
sick.gif

You guys gotta keep in mind - for the casual NBA watcher --- the big names would draw them to watch. Those big names are Kobe and Vince. Guarantee that thosenames are waaay bigger than Smith or Igoudala and would draw soooo many more people, regardless of dunk talent level.

Shaq is seriously coming to the rescue like Superman for LeBron. Bron is looking like a straight punk to everyone right now and he's trying to save him bycalling out Kobe and VC and throwing them under the bus, knowning damn right they aren't going to particpate and make them look like the punks.. Shaq isgrimey
smh.gif

some of you guys are tripping. bron gets up higher than any guy in that contest. im pretty sure he could wow the crowd.
derozan and brown are insane dunkers anyway. nothing stands out with those 2. they get up and have some nice dunks. but i dont see their flair

Originally Posted by f3DJam

some of you guys are tripping. bron gets up higher than any guy in that contest. im pretty sure he could wow the crowd.
iono, SB got a 44" Vert

Originally Posted by Kalamazoo52

Shaq is seriously coming to the rescue like Superman for LeBron. Bron is looking like a straight punk to everyone right now and he's trying to save him by calling out Kobe and VC and throwing them under the bus, knowning damn right they aren't going to particpate and make them look like the punks.. Shaq is grimey
smh.gif

For real nobody forced Lebron to say he was participating. Whats that Jay-Z song where he says all you have is your WORD and your %&$. Learn from Hov,Lebron.

Lebron just wants to party on Friday night. In the dunk contest he'll jump like what maybe 20 times?
moz-screenshot.jpg

Lebron is being a punk $&&*.

Originally Posted by f3DJam

derozan and brown are insane dunkers anyway. nothing stands out with those 2. they get up and have some nice dunks. but i dont see their flair
LeBron has the same type of dunks. Power dunks. He's just scared that he'll lose.

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2...shaqs-dunk-contest-idea/ .

Carter Says No to Shaq's Dunk Contest Idea

ORLANDO -- Vince Carter was shaking his head "no,'' before the question was even finished.

Returning to the NBA Slam Dunk contest -- even in the name of raising funds for charity -- at the urging of Shaquille O'Neal was not something he wouldconsider.

"No. Dwight (Howard) can do it,'' Carter said after Wednesday morning's practice. "Nobody should feel obligated to do anything theydon't want to do.''

Carter, once one of the league's most acrobatic players, won the contest in 2000.

It was O'Neal Tuesday night who said that he would convince teammate LeBron James to be part of the contest next month, but only if past champions likeKobe Bryant and Vince Carter returned.

O'Neal suggested they could do it to raise money for Haiti. He said that the current crop of contestants was not worthy of James competing.

Carter, though, was in no mood to even think about competing in the Slam Dunk contest. He was more worried about helping his new team -- the Magic -- stoptheir current slide.

Carter is in a terrible slump, averaging a career-low 16.9 points while shooting just 39 percent from the field. The Magic have lost three consecutive games.He is taking much of the blame as the new guy who joined the defending Eastern Conference champs.

"I did make Tracy (McGrady) get in the Dunk Contest in 2000,'' Carter joked. "But he could have said no. It's up to theindividual.''

Carter clearly was saying no.

might as well call dominique, mj, spudd out while your at it and have them dunk off a trampoline

I hate LeBron...so much.
smh.gif

Great player. Playtex attitude. Um...KB24 and VC already participated...and won. Them dudes are like 30+. LeBron is 25. Get your young #%$ out there and stopmaking excuses.

Dude stays talking nonsense at the heat of the moment...and never owns up to it in the end. The only reason why he "preliminarily" declared for thedunk contest was because he was put on the spot and the attention wasn't on him. It was on the Soph/Rook game. I'll be surprised if he changes hisnumber to #6 too.

My boy told me that LeBron had security kicking dudes out of this club here in Indianapolis...basically because all the females weren't on him like thatand other dudes not named LeBron James were getting on too much. C'mon...really?
eyes.gif

Son is a clown.

LeBron liked the spotlight last year and said he was gonna do it...now he herbed out and went against his word. I don't care about seeing Demar Derozan,Shannon Brown, or Nate Robinson dunking....it's the same *!%# every year. The dunk contest NEEDS a marquee player in it to have some sort of validity.Ideas are getting stale, and at least if you have a big star there is some sort of intrigue. I see what Shaq is getting at, but maybe he should talk to Shaunieand see if he can skip and alimony/child support payment for a month and send those checks to Haiti instead.

Lebron is the only superstar they need in the dunk contest...

Everyone knows he has stupid bounce... He just needs to stop being a !$!$* and say yes already

How about Wade, Carmelo & Durant going up against Bron and the other 4? Dunk contest was originally 8 guys have the winner get a Maybach, NBA players lovethose things.

Back
Top Bottom