Shattered Backboard 1 2025

I would like to believe unless the company initially designs the product for Walmart, no company truly wants that.
I know the dude is trolling but anyone who has worked in supply chain management would understand that Walmart requires insanely large purchase orders and also will require price targets to be met. I’m sure if they wanted to sell Js at Walmart, they would no doubt have to sacrifice on quality to do so.

I say all of this as someone who thinks current retail prices on retros are way too high on a lot of models (esp OG High AJ1s).

Some degree of exclusivity always matters. I don’t think very many people cared about Chicago 1s back when they were on clearance at JCPenney
No, it doesn’t. In fact, I’d argue the opposite and say it RARELY matters.

Chicago 1’s being on clearance is a terrible example, because that was in like 95’ well before the retro craze began. Chicago 1’s will never, ever go on clearance again, even if they made 10 million pairs.

I know the dude is trolling but anyone who has worked in supply chain management would understand that Walmart requires insanely large purchase orders and also will require price targets to be met. I’m sure if they wanted to sell Js at Walmart, they would no doubt have to sacrifice on quality to do so.

I say all of this as someone who thinks current retail prices on retros are way too high on a lot of models (esp OG High AJ1s).

We all know JB makes insane margins on retros. Because the materials aren’t expensive and the technology is 40 years old. They could do it if they really wanted to. So once again, assuming everything else stays the same, what exactly would be the downsides of making them more accessible by selling them at Walmart for much cheaper prices?

This is so stupid... You do realize that what's considered a grail is subjective and will vary depending on the person right?

You shoulda taken the easy way out and said Olympic 6s lol

But the fact is, like I said, anything you could possibly consider a grail is limited to some degree. The ones that aren’t as limited as your Tiffanys and Pigeons and Undftd and Eminem 4s all happen to be OG Jordans. I’m still waiting for a counterexample

This is so stupid... You do realize that what's considered a grail is subjective and will vary depending on the person right?
The kid wont even answer my question, which is a pretty simple one. But demands we answer his, over and over again. :rofl:

The kid wont even answer my question, which is a pretty simple one. But demands we answer his, over and over again. :rofl:

You said you’re indifferent about Jordans sold at Walmart but you wouldn’t necessarily “want” that to happen. So I’m asking, why not? Why do you have any hesitation at all instead of simply supporting more accessibility and more accessible prices. That’s always a good thing, right … ?

You said you’re indifferent about Jordans sold at Walmart but you wouldn’t necessarily “want” that to happen.
I like the word spin. lol. I said, nobody asked for Jordans to be sold at Walmart. Listen to me please. Your attempt to stay on this perch is making you look pretty silly right now. Whatever point you believe your driving is not getting through, for a reason. So I ask again, whats your favorite sneaker? And why?

Muthas are still trying to sell used, beat to **** pairs in the $800-$1000 price range on eBay.

…a plague on all their houses.

What are guys arguing about?

There really shouldn’t be much to argue about. I said that when JB re-releases iconic sneakers like SBB 1s and Undftd 4s they shouldn’t do it in such massive quantities that they become dust collectors on clearance racks and the outlets.

This really isn’t an unreasonable take but everybody lost their minds lol. I said it would be good for the hobby if they kept them at least slightly exclusive but according to the mob here that makes me a selfish hypebeast reseller troll lmao. They insist that exclusivity is bad and accessibility is good but for some reason got weirdly tentative and evasive when I asked is it “selfish” to exclude those who would like Js at Walmart-levels of accessibility. Since Js have never before been more popular in the mainstream.

Bottom line they want there to be zero nuance in this topic of exclusivity vs accessibility.

There really shouldn’t be much to argue about. I said that when JB re-releases iconic sneakers like SBB 1s and Undftd 4s they shouldn’t do it in such massive quantities that they become dust collectors on clearance racks and the outlets.

This really isn’t an unreasonable take but everybody lost their minds lol. I said it would be good for the hobby if they kept them at least slightly exclusive but according to the mob here that makes me a selfish hypebeast reseller troll lmao. They insist that exclusivity is bad and accessibility is good but for some reason got weirdly tentative and evasive when I asked is it “selfish” to exclude those who would like Js at Walmart-levels of accessibility. Since Js have never before been more popular in the mainstream.

Bottom line they want there to be zero nuance in this topic of exclusivity vs accessibility.
Well I just hope that the two of you can remain friends.

Back
Top Bottom