Shattered Backboard 1 2025

iPhones are another great example. Expensive as hell and considered a premium product, yet plenty of people have one and no one who has one gives a sliver of a damn at how many other people have the same phone or not.

Not that great an example because some iPhone users do discriminate against Android users. They don’t want those green text message bubbles polluting their iMessage chats lol

This is true to some extent and it's kinda happening now, but the real question is, who really cares about this? The hypebeast, trendy wave riders or the people that truly have a love for sneakers?

And to put retro Js in the same convos as pandas is disrespectful lol... Pandas is less than a blip in sneaker history and was a hypebeast trend sneaker fueled by the reseller climate and bandemic cash flow. Of course they would fall off eventually, there was no substance to them. They were just a plastic black and white dunk. Shame on you if you thought you was special when you copped those (especially at exorbitant prices).

Jordans were arguably birthed by street culture, embraced by pop culture, and loved by all worldwide. Even with the flood of jays on the shelves they still sell amongst the "common folk." Will the sales dwindle, sure, but the will still have a strong following till the 80s and 90s babies are in retirement homes.

To think making a few releases more accessible to the masses is gonna ruin the allure of exclusivity for the brand and they somehow get "played out" is nonsense. That line of thought only affects the ones that ain't really in it for the love of kicks in the first place. They'll be on to the next "in" thing, like your move from Pokemon cards to sneakers. Keep that thinking over here and lemme just get my SBBs and undefeated 4s in peace.

TL;DR - stay out the way with the exclusivity rhetoric and let the real sneaker lovers enjoy the harvest
I never understood all the undeserved modern hate for pandas… They’re an easy-to-wear, relatively inexpensive, simple shoe on a classic model in the vein of White AF1s.

Yes the materials are complete garbage but at/below retail they aren’t a bad option who just want a pair of sneakers to wear with a lot of outfits and don’t want to break the bank.

I don’t own a pair of pandas but honestly I’d old take them over some of JBs offerings, esp all the fusion trash they put out.

Why you tryna dodge the question bruh it’s very straightforward. Would it be selfish if I was against Nike/JB’s hypothetical new plan to make their products more accessible by selling Jordans/SBs/Air Maxes at Walmart for much cheaper prices? Why or why not
The question is too unrealistic and you know this for anyone to answer. It would be like asking you, if Micheal Jordan was in your town signing autographs for FREE to EVERYONE in your town, would you still want the autograph? Or do you now look down on the value of his signature because EVERYBODY has it now? See what I mean? Nobody is asking for certain shoes to come out every month for 30 bucks. What they are asking is when they DO decide to release said pair, they make enough to fit demand, and give fair chance to everyone to buy at full retail price. Thats not entitlement.

Not that great an example because some iPhone users do discriminate against Android users. They don’t want those green text message bubbles polluting their iMessage chats lol
iPhone vs Android is no different than Nike vs Adidas. The point is everyone who has an iPhone doesn’t care or hate the fact that millions of other people have the same phone they do. iPhones are extremely pricey yet still extremely well. The fact Apple produces millions of them per year also does nothing reduce them being viewed as a premium product that is in high demand, and in fact iPhones ALSO hold their value better in the after market better than almost any alternative.

The question is too unrealistic and you know this for anyone to answer. It would be like asking you, if Micheal Jordan was in your town signing autographs for FREE to EVERYONE in your town, would you still want the autograph? Or do you now look down on the value of his signature because EVERYBODY has it now? See what I mean? Nobody is asking for certain shoes to come out every month for 30 bucks. What they are asking is when they DO decide to release said pair, they make enough to fit demand, and give fair chance to everyone to buy at full retail price. Thats not entitlement.

Has MJ never done autograph signings for a bunch of people? I would still want one. I’ll wait in line I don’t care lol. There I answered your question. Your turn.

iPhone vs Android is no different than Nike vs Adidas. The point is everyone who has an iPhone doesn’t care or hate the fact that millions of other people have the same phone they do. iPhones are extremely pricey yet still extremely well. The fact Apple produces millions of them per year also does nothing reduce them being viewed as a premium product that is in high demand, and in fact iPhones ALSO hold their value better in the after market better than almost any alternative.

iPhones are not used as a form of self expression. They basically all look the same lol. Clothing is completely different

Has MJ never done autograph signings for a bunch of people? I would still want one. I’ll wait in line I don’t care lol. There I answered your question. Your turn.
Ok then lol. If Air Jordans were sold in walmart, would I have a problem with that? NO!!! Why? Because of what they mean to ME personally. I have and never given two ****s about their exclusivity. I wanted them for me. My favorite Js ever have already been reissued over and over again to this point and it still dont change my views toward them. My favorite shoe ever is in my avy. I could have a lifetime supply of DS pairs along with everyone else and it would NOT change my view towards them. Does this satisfy you? lol. I dont need a rare pair of shoes on my feet to feel relavent, it sounds as if you do.

Ok then lol. If Air Jordans were sold in walmart, would I have a problem with that? NO!!! Why? Because of what they mean to ME personally. I have and never given two ****s about their exclusivity. I wanted them for me. My favorite Js ever have already been reissued over and over again to this point and it still dont change my views toward them. My favorite shoe ever is in my avy. I could have a lifetime supply of DS pairs along with everyone else and it would NOT change my view towards them. Does this satisfy you? lol. I dont need a rare pair of shoes on my feet to feel relavent, it sounds as if you do.

Cool! At least 2 NTers want Jordans to become Walmart shoes! Lmao I’m glad we have all this on record.

Do you think SBB 1s and Undftd 4s are immune from becoming bricks or something lol. I’m tellin you it’s not a good thing for Nike fans when all of Nike’s most treasured and iconic sneakers become recognized as bricks. There’s simply no need for that to happen and those who wish for it to happen are motivated by nothing more than their short term selfish desires. The sneaker game is no fun when everybody has everything they want and especially when everybody wants the same things. Fortunately Nike/JB agrees with me. They know that the love for sneakers is really the love of self expression thru sneakers, and the antithesis of that is when everybody has all the same things.

Go back to Reddit, hypebeast.

Pigeons, Tiffanys, Paris SBs, Undftd 4s are some of the most well-known and iconic sneakers in this game. You are seriously fooling yourself if you think their exclusivity played little to no role in how popular they became.

You do not have to be a reseller to appreciate exclusivity. For some reason only in this hobby do mfs act like they can’t understand this concept and use stupidass terms like “artificial scarcity”. Even little kids get it. As a kid I used to be into Pokemon cards and still I never acted like it was unfair how they didn’t make enough Charizard cards for everyone who wanted one. Grow tf up fr
Man bro you lost me with the pokemon stuff. I aint play no damn Pokemon growing up i was hoopin. Concords are grail sneakers. They could make them the most produced Jordan of all time. (They have before) and they are still grails. Your original statement is invalid. I don't care how you want to slice it.

Every single iconic grail in the sneaker game was a limited release. In some cases extremely limited. You cannot come up with a single example that was widely accessible to everybody. There is nothing wrong with keeping some releases exclusive. Nike/JB does not owe you sh*t. Only desperate hypebeasts complain about exclusivity.
This is still as silly as it was a few days ago when your originally posted it. Just factually incorrect. Also grails are subjective to begin with so for you to say "Every Single iconic grail" is also silly unless all your grails are limited shoes. But you seem like a group thinking hype beast so that's probably the case.

Man bro you lost me with the pokemon stuff. I aint play no damn Pokemon growing up i was hoopin. Concords are grail sneakers. They could make them the most produced Jordan of all time. (They have before) and they are still grails. Your original statement is invalid. I don't care how you want to slice it.

I’m not talking about your personal grails I’m talking about your Undftd 4s, Eminem 4s, Levis 1s, OVO 12s . . . the releases that everyone calls grails but wouldn’t call grails if they weren’t exclusive releases

This is still as silly as it was a few days ago when your originally posted it. Just factually incorrect. Also grails are subjective to begin with so for you to say "Every Single iconic grail" is also silly unless all your grails are limited shoes. But you seem like a group thinking hype beast so that's probably the case.

Nah it’s a fact that Tiffanys and Pigeons wouldn’t be nearly as iconic if they were released in massive quantities.

I’m not talking about your personal grails I’m talking about your Undftd 4s, Eminem 4s, Levis 1s, OVO 12s . . . the releases that everyone calls grails but wouldn’t call grails if they weren’t exclusive releases
Don’t care for any of those shoes personally.

Nah it’s a fact that Tiffanys and Pigeons wouldn’t be nearly as iconic if they were released in massive quantities.
Not necessarily because as time passes, the scarcity of the shoe would increase, thus making it a grail.

Not necessarily because as time passes, the scarcity of the shoe would increase, thus making it a grail.

There’s a lot of other shoes from that era that aren’t nearly as iconic. Probably because they were released in much much bigger quantities.

Back
Top Bottom