Shawty Lo Unappreciation...

Shawty LO is actually well-respected rapper in The A.

Dude made D4L into what they are today...

Had that real cake wayyyy before the rap game..

aw yeah=
pimp.gif

I heard Shawty Lo on the cut first. Came into this thread, saw ya'll talking bout the Clipse's version then I went and listened to it.

Their version > His version

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

I'm saying...I love alot of non-lyrical people (Kanye, etc) but this guy is just super non-lyrical.

My stomach shouldn't hurt after watching a rap video from laughing so hard....I know it's entertainment but damn....he makes Fabo sound like Nas.

chill..kanye looks like rakim on steriods compared to da south
laugh.gif

Dude made D4L into what they are today...
roll.gif

I heard Shawty Lo on the cut first. Came into this thread, saw ya'll talking bout the Clipse's version then I went and listened to it.

Their version > His version
Glad you've seen the light my dude...
pimp.gif

Oh yea, I'm proud to say I have more juice then shatwy-Lo. While club hopping and hitting Club Dreams up for an hour or so, I seen shawty-Lo pull upwith his whole squad. He comes to the door(rookie move becuz there is a back elavator entrance in the V.I.P. where all the important people go).So he comes upto the door and my dude Duggy, the bouncer says "no" lmao. So Shawty yells out "it's L-O man!" duggy says, your not on my list so ugotta G-O...funniest thing I've ever seen.

I read this on AllHipHop.com

Its pretty much a given that the Clipse are miles ahead of Shawty Lo lyrically. Thats like saying Lebron James is better than Ira Newble, everyone on thisboard is already aware of this. Just take it for what it is. The clipse absolutlely murdered the beat and Shawty Lo did his thing on it too.

I swear, some of y'all are just OD. Throwing up a thread everytime a thought cross your mind.

Is it really that deep?

The internet has ruined us. All we have in a new generation of haters.

It's like every kid with a keyboard and an opinion thinks he's Perez Hilton n' %#!%.

"Hate, Hate, Hate, Hate"

Originally Posted by illphillip

I swear, some of y'all are just OD. Throwing up a thread everytime a thought cross your mind.

Is it really that deep?

The internet has ruined us. All we have in a new generation of haters.

It's like every kid with a keyboard and an opinion thinks he's Perez Hilton n' %#!%.

"Hate, Hate, Hate, Hate"

Spoken like a true G

This dude is comically trash but Dey Know goes hard. It's miraculous what a dope beat and a few catchy lines can do for you.

disagree yet i agree

Disagree: his beats are flames and he's southern. i don't expect a lot of lyricism
Agree: however. im trynna hear something nice man (lyrics that is), and he's from D4L. i dislike D4L

P.S. Dey Know remix =
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
with luda & Jeezy [wheres T.I.??]

What has hip-hop come to?

Illuztrious I'm 100% with you on this
5 years ago this board would've been up in arms if a song like Dey Know was a hit...it's like a children's song

Y'all main arguments for this dude are "well he didn't ruin a hot beat"
indifferent.gif

It's a god damn shame, what happened to intelligence, wordplay, all that? If it makes you dance, that's cool, Dey Know isn't a bad song, butc'mon take off the blinders, if you heard this guy freestyle you'd probably vomit

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Dude is kinda weak but on the flip side, If u see his live show and see da response he get, it will blow ya mind, its crazy!

"....and 8 bars same price as da Kilo"

is a HOT LINE,

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
I coulda swore he said 8-ball, same price as a kiloooo, i was like
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif

Originally Posted by RavageBX

This dude is comically trash but Dey Know goes hard. It's miraculous what a dope beat and a few catchy lines can do for you.

my exact thoughts on this...

eh.... i think the only reason the track is hot is the beat and "biggup, to all my hataz"
laugh.gif
, i can't hate on that 1liner

correct

Originally Posted by WE GET MONEY

What has hip-hop come to?

Illuztrious I'm 100% with you on this
5 years ago this board would've been up in arms if a song like Dey Know was a hit...it's like a children's song

Y'all main arguments for this dude are "well he didn't ruin a hot beat"
indifferent.gif

It's a god damn shame, what happened to intelligence, wordplay, all that? If it makes you dance, that's cool, Dey Know isn't a bad song, but c'mon take off the blinders, if you heard this guy freestyle you'd probably vomit

And thats what this music is intended for. When you're at a bar or a club are you looking for wordplay, deep/introspective tracks? What has hip-hopcome to? These types of artists/tracks have been around since the beginning and certainly fall under the hip hop umbrealla if you will. Hip Hop"purists" and snobs need to take off the blinders and realize that this type of music has always been around and will continue to be around.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by TW3EK

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

gotta disagree. he might be extremely wack as an MC, but he puts out bangers.

he got 1 banger and jeezy made it hot...
Shawft Lo.. I rap whispers

eh.... i think the only reason the track is hot is the beat and "biggup, to all my hataz"
laugh.gif
, i can't hate on that 1liner
truth

Ya'll dudes is hilarious, if you like the music thats cool, if you don't it is what is. Ya'll actin like dudes like Shawty Lo is the onlymuh'f'az rappin. Everybody doesn't have to like Lupe, and at the same token, you ain't gotta like Lo either. Not everybody is a hip hoppurist, the sooner ya'll realize that, the sooner you will be able to understand that this is just party/stunt music, nothin more, nothin less.

Yall trippin that clipse version sucked no doubt Clipse are better lyrically but they talking about dope all the gotdamn time. Even more then LO and LOactually has a track record and doesnt talk about it as much. But u just need to get out of the house to appreciate Shawty Lo. Yall obviously havent been tothe club

Back
Top Bottom