Shoe Vs. Shoe Air Jordan 12 vs. Air Jordan 3

Sorry to do this guys, but I have a buddy that is kind of a younger cat, and we were arguing over what is the more desirable more iconic shoe. Tell me which pair you prefer why, and what each pair means to you.

welcome 2 NikeTalk 2010
I likw the 3's

edit:I like the 3's because it is a first of many. The first shoe 2 ever feature elephant print and jumpman symbol

The 12 is the most durable og tho, with the retro (not cdp and after) being the only retro superior 2 its og

Shoe "A" vs. Shoe "B" threads ...(These really hold no value. If we had polls, this might be a good idea, but posts like these are a waste of bandwidth since they only generate one word answers and NO discussion.

did you read my post at all? I asked for explanations on why they prefer each shoe. If you guys would read the original post posts' like stevesteve72's wouldnt be necessary

Originally Posted by DHFordiv33

Get a life Steve Steve...

laugh.gif

OK, I think there is no right answer to the question everyone has there own opinion on this but I like the III.

Obviously the 3s not just because they look better but they were the reason Mike stayed with JB without Tinker introducing them to MJ their may not be a Jordan Brand meaning they were more iconic than the 12s could ever be.....Pointless Thread.

The Air Jordan IIIs are a more iconic shoe because it introduced the Jumpman, Viz-Air, and a mid-cut design.  Michael Jordan won the second dunk contest with this shoe, doing the iconic free-throw dunk, won the Defensive Player of the Year Award along with the scoring title. The Air Jordan III also saved Nike because Tinker's first designed Jordan swayed MJ to stay with Nike.  This shoe changed the game.  If someone argues otherwise, that means they just don't know shoe history, which is ok because there are more important to fight about.

see that is what Im looking for. Im not looking for a right answer Im looking for opinions. Mainly because this cat literally said the 3s are trash, and that the 12s are the greatest jordans of all time. I love both pairs but Im in the camp that thinks the 3 is in the top 2 or 3 AJ's of all time.

It's going to vary by generation. I was a toddler when MJ was wearing the 3's, but I saw him in his prime for the 6 championship run, and remember seeing him wearing the 12's for Last Shot 1 (Over Russell game 1 of 97 finals). Dunking on Mutombo with them also. But at the same time, I have grown to love the 3's. Those 2 Jordans are very easily top 5, but I would have to give the edge to the 3s just because they are so classic, and also so iconic. They were the J that kept MJ with Nike. Had Tinker not make them, MJ would have left. They are clean, classic styling, and have cement/elephant print on them. For me, 3's are tied with the 11's as my favorite J's. Hands down.

thats my thoughts exactly zero. both are top 5 jordans of all time to me. But Im gonna go with the 3s, and yeah Im a little bit older than this kid. So I have a different perspective than this guy, he was also telling me that Melo has the best shoe line of all time other than Jordan himself...

You know what gets me? the same threads that people complain about end up being 4-5 pages...remember the "best green air jordan" thread?
laugh.gif

its simple if you dont approve of the thread hit the back button and keep it movin...you aint doing nothing but making it worse cuz when when everyone clicks on the first page of the JB forum...guess whats there?

with that said...3's all day...
pimp.gif

i dont like 12s because they look wierd on my feet...remind me of boots...and you wont catch me dead in any kinda boot..but ill make an exception for the playoff 12s...when those drop..i gotta have em..PERIOD

12s, simply because they were during my time, meaning i actually had afew few pair of OG 12s. I also like they durability of the 12, the 3s crack and peel so easily

3's for casual wear because there better looking but i prefer 12's for ball because there durable

The 3's are way more iconic for casual wear, because when they release, they immediately sell out, unlike 12's which sit on the shelves.
But on a playin ball standard, the 12's are way better, because they are real durable, and Mike won a title in em'.

Back
Top Bottom