Shooting tonight on the AVE in the U-District

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

SEATTLE - A man was shot in the face on University Way near 41st Street Friday night.

The shooting happened around 8:30 p.m.

A young man was walking with his friends when someone walked up to them and shot the man in the face at leastonce.

The victim was taken to the hospital with serious, but non-life-threatening injuries.

The suspect is still on the loose. He is described as a black male, painted with white clown makeup and all-blackclothing.

A witness said he heard two shots.

Police and the Gang Unit are investigating, although police does not believe the incident was necessarilygang-related
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No way I'm walking around at night in the U-District with all of these robberies & now a shooting.

U-District is SKETCH

West campus residence halls and buildings at the UW were put on lockdown from approximately 9-10:30 p.m. while the Seattle Police Department (SPD) and UWPD searched for a shooting suspect believed to be in the area.

Photo by Cliff Despeaux.

Seattle Fire Department personnel clean blood off the sidewalk near 42nd Avenue Northeast and University Way Northeast. A shooting occurred at about 8:45 p.m. Friday. The victim was taken to Harborview Medical Center. The suspect is still at-large.

The shooting occurred just before 9 p.m. near the intersection of Northeast 42nd Street and University Way Northeast.

Daily reporter Michael Truong was eating at Malabar Indian Cuisine near the intersection of Northeast 42nd Street and the Ave when he heard agunshot. About a minute later, Truong saw a male who he described to be in his early- to mid-30s cross onto the north side of Northeast 42nd Street from analley between 15th Avenue Northeast and the Ave. The individual was spitting blood from his mouth.

"That's when I responded," Truong said. "I immediately ran out."

As Truong rushed to the victim, he noted that the individual appeared to be losing a large amount of blood from his mouth, but Truongcouldn't see an exit wound. The SPD later confirmed that the victim had been shot in the jaw.

"[The victim] was conscious, was able to respond and think coherently," Truong said.

Truong immediately asked the victim if he knew who the shooter was, but the victim did not. The SPD later confirmed that the shooter was ablack male, possibly adult who fled southbound.

"I stayed down because we didn't know where the shooter was," Truong said.

Truong, a U.S. Army veteran who was deployed to Iraq from 2005-2006 is combat life-saver certified and recognized that the victim was goinginto shock.

"First priority was to limit the loss of blood," Truong said.

Truong instructed the victim to lean against the wall in order to calm him down and limit loss of blood. Within minutes, policearrived.

The victim kept asking where he had been shot, saying that he couldn't see, and that his face was numb.

Police and ambulances responded within minutes, but Truong said the victim passed out shortly before they arrived.

"He passed out and we caught him," Truong said. "He started to choke on blood so we put his head on his side."

At that point, paramedics took over. The victim was then taken to Harborview Medical Center.

Resident advisors in Lander Hall were told by the resident director on duty just after 9 p.m. that an emergency situation was occurring andthat the dorms were being locked down.

At approximately 10:30 p.m., UWPD Police Chief John Vinson said west campus was cleared to reopen as the SPD concluded its initial search.Follow up investigations are now taking place.

Story will be updated as details become available.

damn violence around uw has gotten out of control. The shooter was apparently reported to be a black male with white clown makeup on. Its crazy because Iseen 3 hoodlum lookin dudes around jack in the box around 745 putting on some clown makeup. I dont remeber one of them being black tho. Anyone know what wasup with the clown makeup?

white clown makeup? i've seen that guy around, his make up is in the "dead presidents" manner.....

Originally Posted by Dirk Nowitzki 41

damn violence around uw has gotten out of control. The shooter was apparently reported to be a black male with white clown makeup on. Its crazy because I seen 3 hoodlum lookin dudes around jack in the box around 745 putting on some clown makeup. I dont remeber one of them being black tho. Anyone know what was up with the clown makeup?

Juggalos. They idle these guys.

2501l4p.jpg

This +%% is crazy. I left my crime ridden neighborhood in SF, and it seems like there is more crime here than there ever was back home. I live on frat row 45th& 17th (not in a frat though) and have no plans of walking solo at night in the U district. I saw two guys (white) last week when I was coming back fromMemo's looking like Insane Clown Posse with their faces painted in white/black clown makeup. It is definitely a crazy time around here. For those who havebeen at UW for longer than a year has it always been like this around the U District?

Originally Posted by antoekneeo

This +%% is crazy. I left my crime ridden neighborhood in SF, and it seems like there is more crime here than there ever was back home. I live on frat row 45th & 17th (not in a frat though) and have no plans of walking solo at night in the U district. I saw two guys (white) last week when I was coming back from Memo's looking like Insane Clown Posse with their faces painted in white/black clown makeup. It is definitely a crazy time around here. For those who have been at UW for longer than a year has it always been like this around the U District?
It's gotten worse this past year..... at least seems like it to me.

I remember getting a total of like 10 crime incident emails last year compared to this year where it seems like were getting 3-4 per WEEK. This is crazy, Ilive on 42nd and other day after gettin dropped off by NIGHT RIDE at the end of my street, I see the silouette of some shady figure posted under thestreetlight by one of the USPS mail drop boxes but i dont think he knew I saw him, then he sees me walkin up the street about 150 yards away and I see himactin real shady and he proceeds to crouch behind that mailbox as if he were hiding about to jump me when I walk by. I didnt have any weapon or nothin so Istuck my key between my fingers with the tip sticking outward, luckily 3 guys came around the corner on the other end of the street and pointed at him and hejust stood up like nothin was goin on and walked to the other side of the street and jus loitered and then walked off...man, good thing im moving the bellevuenext year. This place is gettin way to grimey. Anyone see the article in the Daily about how the Health majors put a bill into our gov. wanting to bring thehomeless from Tent City ONTO CAMPUS and give them free water and electricity?!? like *&(&^ are you health majors ******ED? smh.

Originally Posted by VCXV

I remember getting a total of like 10 crime incident emails last year compared to this year where it seems like were getting 3-4 per WEEK. This is crazy, I live on 42nd and other day after gettin dropped off by NIGHT RIDE at the end of my street, I see the silouette of some shady figure posted under the streetlight by one of the USPS mail drop boxes but i dont think he knew I saw him, then he sees me walkin up the street about 150 yards away and I see him actin real shady and he proceeds to crouch behind that mailbox as if he were hiding about to jump me when I walk by. I didnt have any weapon or nothin so I stuck my key between my fingers with the tip sticking outward, luckily 3 guys came around the corner on the other end of the street and pointed at him and he just stood up like nothin was goin on and walked to the other side of the street and jus loitered and then walked off...man, good thing im moving the bellevue next year. This place is gettin way to grimey. Anyone see the article in the Daily about how the Health majors put a bill into our gov. wanting to bring the homeless from Tent City ONTO CAMPUS and give them free water and electricity?!? like *&(&^ are you health majors ******ED? smh.
Seriously.

U-District is SHADY at night........ no way you're catching me there at night..... I wouldn't mind going to a bar on the Ave or Fusion or somethinglike I used to.... but screw that, I'm good.

And IF you had to be out at night like you had to....... definitely at least carry a knife.

I carry a knife when I go to Belltown or Pioneer Square on the weekends.... knife ain't even that much.... except for if that crouching dude popped outbehind that corned trying to sock you, you coulda had your knife out already ready to swipe at him so you could run away.

This happened a block away from my apartment.

Even when I walk back from Ode at night I'm hella cautious and I live like 2 blocks away.

^Sucks fam, seems like Seattles been hit with alot of crimes and shootings this past year.

Im glad Portlands staying chill, but hearing all the junk makes kinda want to avoid Seattle.

Back
Top Bottom