Shortest Time at a Job? Vol. I should have given my 2 weeks notice before I applied..

I'm about to quit my job before the 1 week mark. Anyone quit their job sooner than that?

BTW, the job was in car sales..
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

And just a piece of information to throw out there. Never contact the Internet department at a dealership.

Whoah you going for a record! I did orientation week and one full week at UPS before I hit the eject button. I showed up like two weeks later asking for mycheck.

Why do you say to not contact the internet dept?

i went in for a job.. customer service on the phone.. dude training me was making it real complicated.. i was suppose to do 6 hours.. i left in 4... but i wentback a month later came up with a story and worked there for 8 months..

another time i went in to ajob for an hour.. loan modification... I wasnt explained anything and was told to hop on the phone.. asked to use the phone andcleared it lol.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

did about a month 1/2 @ Staples...worse job i ever had...
laugh.gif

I'm currently working at Staples, leaving at the end of the month to go back to school.
But what did you do and why did you leave?

I think I worked at the Shoppete (which is basically the Military on post corner store/mini mart for about 8 days). I told them already that I had school so Iwas going to need my schedule made around that, turned in my schedule of classes the day of the interview, and they kept giving me the garbage-est hours.There's like a +15% differential on certain time periods like the graveyard shift but still, I'm not about to work from 9pm to 6am period, much less onschool days. So on the day I quit, I showed up on time like I was going to work but I wasn't dressed to do so, just had on shorts and forces, and she waslooking all puzzled then I waited until she started to say something to me so I could interrupt her like, "Yea I quit, here's a letter" and threwit at her. It's paper so it just slowly glided to the ground, but I still thought it was hilarious. Then I bought a soda on the way out and she had to comeout of the back and ring me up and was mugging me
laugh.gif

i didnt quit

i got fired on the 2nd day

they accused me of stealing cups and plates at the restaurant
indifferent.gif

Oh and I've quit a job after getting it at the interview, but that doesn't count since I guess i never worked there. They be like, "Welcome aboardDon, we look forward to having you as a part of our company family," then I told him, "Oh by the way, I'm going to need Tuesdays and Thursdaysoff, and can only work 4 hours a day. And I can't start next Monday, how bout the one after that? I'm in church league..." he looked at me aboutto reject me, "You know what, I agree, I'm probably not a good fit here. Thanx"

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

laugh.gif

I'm currently working at Staples, leaving at the end of the month to go back to school.

i was a cashier...it was a brand new store so traffic was slow cuz we hadn't opened officially...just a soft opening...

first guy said i could read mags and chill when it was empty...then the other lady came and said i had to just stand there by myself...i swear it would be damnnear an hour before anyone would come to the register...i wasn't allowed to leave that box and it was freezing in there...i had a long sleeve shirt in themiddle of the summer...the people were corny and the manager looked like...
cathy_comic.jpg

2 hours at UPS... Went on my 15 minute break and hit the parking lot. I was out

1 day at McDonalds. Got fired for stealing cheeseburgers

3 weeks at Macaroni Grill about 3 years ago.

On my third week of training, I saw this girl who was friend's with a girl that we ran a train on - and it got awkward from there.

#$*$ was awkward as hell and I never went back, I never got paid too
indifferent.gif

7 hours at RGIS, and independent inventory agency.

job was so boring I was doing it wrong on purpose 2 hours into it
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

laugh.gif

i was a cashier...it was a brand new store so traffic was slow cuz we hadn't opened officially...just a soft opening...

first guy said i could read mags and chill when it was empty...then the other lady came and said i had to just stand there by myself...i swear it would be damn near an hour before anyone would come to the register...i wasn't allowed to leave that box and it was freezing in there...i had a long sleeve shirt in the middle of the summer...the people were corny and the manager looked like...
cathy_comic.jpg
Damn, the guy managers are cool but the lady, shes the head and more serious. I'm in Office Supplies, #@$ is really a pain with all thesegoing back to school sales. I'm working from 10am-9pm tomorrow
sick.gif

The most fun I've ever had was working at FootAction.. Stole so many pairs of shoes. I used to take one shoe and stick it in my pants and the next day theother shoe. every other day i had a new pair of shoes. Inventory came up way short that year, they fired the whole staff.
laugh.gif
I was there for bout 3 months

2 weeks last september at UPS (under paid slavery) working as a package handler, worst job and only job I've had thus far

Back
Top Bottom