:Shots fired: Vol. Apple down, Verizon heard running from the scene...

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Naw forreal tho, how the hell a CEO gon tell you how to hold a phone you paid for with your hard earned money. You should be able to hold a phone however you like. Then the way Steve seems to be blowing off the consumers.. kinda lost a lil respect for him!

Nah its not just him. Just read today the iphone 4 flaw is a result of a bigger problem at apple. Apparently that Englishman John Ive, who runs Apple's Industry Design team make up the most absurd designs in terms of engineering. The engineering team apparently get into huge fights with the design team because of this, and this has been going on for a long time. As someone who is getting an EE degree in a yr, ill never work for Apple for that reason.

I still can't believe Apple put out the iphone 4 with the antenna around the phone and exposed. Im pretty sure this is electromagnetics 101, and i wouldn't be surprised if the engineering team told the design team this would happen, but they want to maintain apple's reputation for sleek design, so they ignored the engineers
smh.gif

And imo, this isn't something that can be fixed with a software update. Either they recall all iphones for a fix (which they won't) or....well thats all they could do, since it is a physical flaw.

Android>iphone

Naw forreal tho, how the hell a CEO gon tell you how to hold a phone you paid for with your hard earned money. You should be able to hold a phone however you like. Then the way Steve seems to be blowing off the consumers.. kinda lost a lil respect for him!

Nah its not just him. Just read today the iphone 4 flaw is a result of a bigger problem at apple. Apparently that Englishman John Ive, who runs Apple's Industry Design team make up the most absurd designs in terms of engineering. The engineering team apparently get into huge fights with the design team because of this, and this has been going on for a long time. As someone who is getting an EE degree in a yr, ill never work for Apple for that reason.

I still can't believe Apple put out the iphone 4 with the antenna around the phone and exposed. Im pretty sure this is electromagnetics 101, and i wouldn't be surprised if the engineering team told the design team this would happen, but they want to maintain apple's reputation for sleek design, so they ignored the engineers
smh.gif

And imo, this isn't something that can be fixed with a software update. Either they recall all iphones for a fix (which they won't) or....well thats all they could do, since it is a physical flaw.

Android>iphone

The thing I just don't understand is, what does you being left-handed have to do with this?

I'm right handed, and I usually prefer to hold it in my left hand, but it's not impossible to hold it in my right hand.

So why can't everyone experiencing this issue just hold it in the other hand?

The thing I just don't understand is, what does you being left-handed have to do with this?

I'm right handed, and I usually prefer to hold it in my left hand, but it's not impossible to hold it in my right hand.

Originally Posted by Gordonson

Here's a bigger question, why does everyone experiencing this problem HAVE TO hold it in the other hand in order for it function properly. I think it was Apple's way of rushing a product to make it seem like they, again, came up w/ somethin innovative. The tests they ran or should've ran probably never pointed this out or they did but pushed the phone out anyway

Here's a bigger question, why does everyone experiencing this problem HAVE TO hold it in the other hand in order for it function properly. I think it was Apple's way of rushing a product to make it seem like they, again, came up w/ somethin innovative. The tests they ran or should've ran probably never pointed this out or they did but pushed the phone out anyway

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by Diego

Naw forreal tho, how the hell a CEO gon tell you how to hold a phone you paid for with your hard earned money.

I see what youre saying.

Thats like buying a car and the company putting some stupid instruction book to tell you how to maintain it.
Or buying some furniture and them telling you how to put it together.
Or buying a computer....

You get the point.

Are you really this dumb, or do you do it for the lulz? Just wondering.

So let me get this straight...youre unhappy with your new iphone?

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Naw forreal tho, how the hell a CEO gon tell you how to hold a phone you paid for with your hard earned money.

I see what youre saying.

Thats like buying a car and the company putting some stupid instruction book to tell you how to maintain it.
Or buying a computer....

You get the point.

Are you really this dumb, or do you do it for the lulz? Just wondering.

So let me get this straight...youre unhappy with your new iphone?

they knew about this.

if they didn't, explain the bumper cases?

only protects the sides and nothing else. which, by the looks how how crappy the "gorilla glass" is.. should be protecting the back too.

it's a great looking phone, but it's a shame it has the antenna issues.

they knew about this.

if they didn't, explain the bumper cases?

only protects the sides and nothing else. which, by the looks how how crappy the "gorilla glass" is.. should be protecting the back too.

it's a great looking phone, but it's a shame it has the antenna issues.

this is what they had to say on the bumper case situation.

"The use of a case or Bumper that is made out of rubber or plastic may improve wireless performance by keeping your hand from directly covering these areas. "

lol

this is what they had to say on the bumper case situation.

"The use of a case or Bumper that is made out of rubber or plastic may improve wireless performance by keeping your hand from directly covering these areas. "

lol

I want to turn this thread around. What's good with the DroidX? Can someone post some links/info about it? I have an upgrade coming up on July 20th, and it's either I wait it out for the iPhone to come to Verizon, or the new Blackberry Bold (9650 I believe). I've heard nothing but great things about the Droid, and now that a new one is set to release, I might just consider it.

I want to turn this thread around. What's good with the DroidX? Can someone post some links/info about it? I have an upgrade coming up on July 20th, and it's either I wait it out for the iPhone to come to Verizon, or the new Blackberry Bold (9650 I believe). I've heard nothing but great things about the Droid, and now that a new one is set to release, I might just consider it.

Originally Posted by MFTIOA

I see what youre saying.

Or buying a computer....

You get the point.

No, it's like buying a car and the company putting some stupid instruction book to tell you to make three right turns because the car can't turn left
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by MFTIOA

I see what youre saying.

Or buying a computer....

You get the point.

No, it's like buying a car and the company putting some stupid instruction book to tell you to make three right turns because the car can't turn left
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Why does anyone have to do anything?

Because they made a decision, so they now have to adopt to make the best out of it.

It's not new for a brand new device to have rough edges at first, so why did people pre-order to get it first day, or flock to the stores at obscene times of the night/morning?

Of course it's Apple's fault, but people act like they don't have options. You could always sell the phone off if it's that much of an issue and get something that doesn't require stupid solutions like this does.

With all that said, I'll still be picking this up in August. I plan to put a case on it as soon as I get it anyway, and like I originally said, it's not that big of a deal for me to switch hands, so if that batch of phones still have this stupid problem, then I'll just deal.

Back
Top Bottom