Should high-school dropouts be banned from getting their driver's license?

Passing your high school courses and passing your driver's license test are two very different things. Though they're independent of each other now, lawmakers in some states are trying to tie the two together. Certain states are examining legislation that would bar high school drop-outs from getting a driver's license.

States including Georgia, Massachusetts, Texas, New York and Michigan, are in favor of these anti-drop measures. The idea behind the proposed laws is that kids would be more likely to stay in school if the privilege of driving an automobile were at stake. Other states, like California, Illinois, Florida and Ohio don't see things the same way. Those against the laws argue that parents are ultimately the ones who should be in charge of revoking driving privileges, not the state.

What say you? Should the drop-outs be banned from driving, or is this a case of the government crossing the line?

http://www.autoblog.com/2...-outs-from-getting-lice/

Yeah, just what the country needs. More government intrusion in our lives.

Passing your high school courses and passing your driver's license test are two very different things. Though they're independent of each other now, lawmakers in some states are trying to tie the two together. Certain states are examining legislation that would bar high school drop-outs from getting a driver's license.

States including Georgia, Massachusetts, Texas, New York and Michigan, are in favor of these anti-drop measures. The idea behind the proposed laws is that kids would be more likely to stay in school if the privilege of driving an automobile were at stake. Other states, like California, Illinois, Florida and Ohio don't see things the same way. Those against the laws argue that parents are ultimately the ones who should be in charge of revoking driving privileges, not the state.

What say you? Should the drop-outs be banned from driving, or is this a case of the government crossing the line?

http://www.autoblog.com/2...-outs-from-getting-lice/

Yeah, just what the country needs. More government intrusion in our lives.

horrible idea.
A person drops out of school, ok let's limit their mobility and add another reason

to the list of why they can't get a job.

indifferent.gif
to whoever supports this

horrible idea.
A person drops out of school, ok let's limit their mobility and add another reason

to the list of why they can't get a job.

Terrible. So they arent going to be allowed to drive ever?

Terrible. So they arent going to be allowed to drive ever?

Thats a terrible idea 
even if they are not allowed to get a license if they learn how to drive they will drive regardless

its tons of people out her that still drive with suspended licenses even me 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I be dambed if I catch the bus in the Texas summer sun 

these two subjects dont have $#!% to do with each other

Thats a terrible idea 
even if they are not allowed to get a license if they learn how to drive they will drive regardless

its tons of people out her that still drive with suspended licenses even me 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I be dambed if I catch the bus in the Texas summer sun 

these two subjects dont have $#!% to do with each other

what the @+@$ do these 2 have to do with one another?

maybe the kid had to drop out to support his/her family? now your gonna take away a source of income from them? ***?

what the @+@$ do these 2 have to do with one another?

maybe the kid had to drop out to support his/her family? now your gonna take away a source of income from them? ***?

alot of people on the road dont have a license..

they are going too far... driving is not hard.

alot of people on the road dont have a license..

they are going too far... driving is not hard.

I agree with it, try to deal with uneducated people on a regular basis, it's frustrating and time consuming. South Carolina has one of the highest drop out rates in the country, maybe an incentive like this would persuade people to finish school...

I agree with it, try to deal with uneducated people on a regular basis, it's frustrating and time consuming. South Carolina has one of the highest drop out rates in the country, maybe an incentive like this would persuade people to finish school...

Originally Posted by BigPoppaBaker04

There is ALWAYS that one guy

You are that one guy..
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by BigPoppaBaker04

There is ALWAYS that one guy

You are that one guy..
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom