Should we tax churches? (Not time to bash religion, we're talking about money)

Originally Posted by Str8Hood

Churches definitely provide a service. When you go to church, you go to the 11AM SERVICE. They should definitely be taxed. Tax them on income and on land. Combined, they own more land than any other entity in the world. If we started taxing churches, the bible would be amended and tithes would go up to 15-20%....

Is this a fact? If so this is very interesting indeed.

Originally Posted by Str8Hood

Churches definitely provide a service. When you go to church, you go to the 11AM SERVICE. They should definitely be taxed. Tax them on income and on land. Combined, they own more land than any other entity in the world. If we started taxing churches, the bible would be amended and tithes would go up to 15-20%....

Is this a fact? If so this is very interesting indeed.

Somewhat irrelevant question, but considering the topic at hand, would owning a church be considered a promising business opportunity?
nerd.gif

Somewhat irrelevant question, but considering the topic at hand, would owning a church be considered a promising business opportunity?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

Originally Posted by Sundizzle

I'm not exactly sure how a church is run fiscally. Anything that profits and operates in the US should get taxed imo. Taxes pay for a general sense of well-being (perceived or real) for the entire country. They pay for the roads, the military that protects us, etc and as a church in some indirect way utilizes all this to operate I see no reason for them to be tax-exempt.

Honestly though, I don't think corporations/business should be taxed at all. Same way I don't think there should be a sales tax.

I think there should be a state income tax, and a federal income tax and that they are relative to the amount of money that you made and to the amount of overall 'wealth' you possess. A person making 35k a year should be getting taxed extremely minimally. However, there would be provisions of wealth. Meaning if this is your first year being a baller and you don't have any saved wealth then you wouldn't be taxed as much as someone who has 20 mill in the bank and made the same amount of money as you that year.

My tax bracket opinion:
0-15k - no taxes
16k-27k - 4% taxes (2% federal)
28k-49k - 8% taxes (4% federal)
50k-75k - 13% taxes (6.5% federal)
76-129k - 24% taxes (12% federal)
130k+ - 73% taxes (first 129k at 24%)

Additionally, there shouldn't be ANY sales tax on cars etc, only a 'luxury' tax or a 'health' tax. Ie, high end cars, any cars above 30k, yachts, etc. Health tax on items with high fructose sugar, alky, cigarettes, etc.

Additionally, all fast food/non restaurants should be pay per calorie, $1 for 150 calories. So a 750 calorie item/meal would be $5. Would force them to rethink 'fast food' to make it healthier and calorie conscious.

Sorry to ramble on about my own opinions but was just randomly chatting with a friend about it an hour ago.
Son, are you serrrrrriiosly serious?
indifferent.gif

You want churcchs to be taxes but not businesses 
indifferent.gif

you wanna tax at 73%
indifferent.gif

you waanna pay per calorie 
indifferent.gif

I can tell you no nothing about history. For the majority of the 1900s the top tax bracket was taxed 70%. It wasnt until Reagen came into office that we see the top tax bracket get taxed so little. At certain points the top tax bracket was taxed up to 91%

http://www.taxfoundation....blications/show/151.html
Just because it used to be that way doesnt make it right.

I'm not exactly sure how a church is run fiscally. Anything that profits and operates in the US should get taxed imo. Taxes pay for a general sense of well-being (perceived or real) for the entire country. They pay for the roads, the military that protects us, etc and as a church in some indirect way utilizes all this to operate I see no reason for them to be tax-exempt.

Honestly though, I don't think corporations/business should be taxed at all. Same way I don't think there should be a sales tax.

I think there should be a state income tax, and a federal income tax and that they are relative to the amount of money that you made and to the amount of overall 'wealth' you possess. A person making 35k a year should be getting taxed extremely minimally. However, there would be provisions of wealth. Meaning if this is your first year being a baller and you don't have any saved wealth then you wouldn't be taxed as much as someone who has 20 mill in the bank and made the same amount of money as you that year.

My tax bracket opinion:
0-15k - no taxes

Additionally, there shouldn't be ANY sales tax on cars etc, only a 'luxury' tax or a 'health' tax. Ie, high end cars, any cars above 30k, yachts, etc. Health tax on items with high fructose sugar, alky, cigarettes, etc.

Additionally, all fast food/non restaurants should be pay per calorie, $1 for 150 calories. So a 750 calorie item/meal would be $5. Would force them to rethink 'fast food' to make it healthier and calorie conscious.

Sorry to ramble on about my own opinions but was just randomly chatting with a friend about it an hour ago.
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

you wanna tax at 73%
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

I can tell you no nothing about history. For the majority of the 1900s the top tax bracket was taxed 70%. It wasnt until Reagen came into office that we see the top tax bracket get taxed so little. At certain points the top tax bracket was taxed up to 91%

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

My tax bracket opinion:
0-15k - no taxes

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

you wanna tax at 73%
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

If you look close enough you will see that all economic down turns for the US have gone hand in hand with lowering the tax rate on the highest tax brackets. For example peep the depression time period and our current time period. You can literally predict when a recession is going to occur by just looking at the tax rate for the highest tax bracket.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

My tax bracket opinion:
0-15k - no taxes

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

you wanna tax at 73%
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

If you look close enough you will see that all economic down turns for the US have gone hand in hand with lowering the tax rate on the highest tax brackets. For example peep the depression time period and our current time period. You can literally predict when a recession is going to occur by just looking at the tax rate for the highest tax bracket.

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

Originally Posted by Tupac Jordan

For all of you wanting churches to be taxed I hope you enjoy your time in hell.

Thus why those that get scared of "hell" back off. 
Mental midgets
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Its a cycle that feeds itself. 
and this is why u shouldn't be starting any threads that have anything to do with Religion 

Mental midgets
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

and this is why u shouldn't be starting any threads that have anything to do with Religion 

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

Mental midgets
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

I just wondered why nothing in the form of legislation ever appeared then I realized that "hell" was probably the main thing stopping a lot of people. 

Just sucks is all. 

Mental midgets
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

I just wondered why nothing in the form of legislation ever appeared then I realized that "hell" was probably the main thing stopping a lot of people. 

Just sucks is all. 

My tax bracket opinion:
0-15k - no taxes

You did not seriously say the firt $130K of my money should be taxed at 24%, and the rest at at 73%, did you?

Here's the way taxes should work:  No matter what you make = 20%

My tax bracket opinion:
0-15k - no taxes

You did not seriously say the firt $130K of my money should be taxed at 24%, and the rest at at 73%, did you?

Originally Posted by HOVKid

My tax bracket opinion:
0-15k - no taxes

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You do know the only time tax rate was that low was right before the depression right..?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by HOVKid

My tax bracket opinion:
0-15k - no taxes

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You do know the only time tax rate was that low was right before the depression right..?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Mental midgets
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Just sucks is all. 
thats exactly what you should have said instead of....mental midgets 
eyes.gif
....see the difference? its starting to get obvious that u get in these threads just to put down people with a different veiwpoints then you

Mental midgets
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Just sucks is all. 
eyes.gif
....see the difference? its starting to get obvious that u get in these threads just to put down people with a different veiwpoints then you

Mental midgets
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Just sucks is all. 
eyes.gif

Its hard sometimes... I know...
30t6p3b.gif
saying whats on my mind sneaks out at times... 
laugh.gif

embarassed.gif

EDIT Some legislation suggests that if they're really non profits that they should undergo much more strict regulation to ensure that they're not operating as for-profit organizations...which I'm DEFINITELY in line with. 

Back
Top Bottom