Silver to $250 an oz...

DevilDog1776 silver is nowhere near $250 and the Fed Reserve have ended QE2 and probably wont do a QE3. Do you still think silver is going to $250 or have you changed your price target to reflect recent facts?

Originally Posted by isiahil

DevilDog1776 silver is nowhere near $250 and the Fed Reserve have ended QE2 and probably wont do a QE3. Do you still think silver is going to $250 or have you changed your price target to reflect recent facts?
nope ..... A default means ww3 .. we cannot have that right now.. QE3 will occur , it might not be called QE3 but it will act as the same way because their is no soultion that can fix its obligations to the AMERICAN people and the FOREIGN countries who hold our bonds in good faith of our government paing them back... are we ready for WAR?? i dont think so. not with the minor 5 wars being fought now that already expended the troops' readiness in a real situation like CHINA wanting their money or RUSSIA trying to catch on the sneak.. 
the move will occur so fast most wont even catch the train... 

my target price for the end of the yr is 53 dollars... 

Originally Posted by isiahil

nope ..... A default means ww3 .. we cannot have that right now.. QE3 will occur , it might not be called QE3 but it will act as the same way because their is no soultion that can fix its obligations to the AMERICAN people and the FOREIGN countries who hold our bonds in good faith of our government paing them back... are we ready for WAR?? i dont think so. not with the minor 5 wars being fought now that already expended the troops' readiness in a real situation like CHINA wanting their money or RUSSIA trying to catch on the sneak.. 
the move will occur so fast most wont even catch the train... 

my target price for the end of the yr is 53 dollars... 

i have OZs of silver is it a good time to sell? how much can i get per OZ of silver very old pounds of spoons knives and forks pure silver?

i have OZs of silver is it a good time to sell? how much can i get per OZ of silver very old pounds of spoons knives and forks pure silver?

Originally Posted by devildog1776

Originally Posted by FrankMatthews

Cars aren't assets... They're liabilities.

Houses are somewhat liabilities as well.

The point in stacking precious metals is to preserve purchasing power and free yourself from the clutches of the bankers who control the value of our money. Silver and gold has been money for the past 6000 yrs. Only until 1970 something have we completely hone entirely fiat.

The prices of the metals are influenced on the value of the dollars strength. We are sitting on the brink of economic collapse. More wars and less industry. Moredollars will be printedto keep the circus going and that printing will reflect on prices for years to come. It's a sure thing.

I understand all that and historically metals have been a safe haven but it is clearly all speculation and manipulation at this point.  Metals are not gonna save you from this economic collapse.  The problem I have is everyone talks about investing in metals but no one has an exit strategy.  You are not gonna be using silver as currency in an economic meltdown, logistically it would be too hard to get everyone to agree universally on accepting it with out government approval, let alone agree on pricing of goods in terms of silver and it's risk.    And if by chance silver did become a sort of peoples currency, the govt would have no problem making it illegal as they did with gold in the 40's.   No currency will ever be based on metals again.  There is not enough gold and/or silver in existence, above ground or below, to account for the amount of wealth the world thinks it has.  Historically metal as a currency has not worked and has been exploited and basically ruined as a feasible form of circulated currency. 
Unless you have perfect timing on this pending economic collapse and can exchange your metals for "real" assets at the peak then I imagine you will be sitting on your investment for quite some time.  You gonna sell it for worthless dollars?  What are you gonna do with euro and yuan here in the US?   If you have an exit strategy on this investment I am all ears, I can definitely see the prices rising higher on metals from here especially when the equities markets start falling this summer, but mostly I just hear herd mentality, people saying just buy it cause it's going up, whats the exit strategy?
speculation isnt a bad thing.... it means some people are aware of whats down the road....  iam not selling my silver right now... i just bought 25 oz 2 weeks ago at 37 and i bout another 25 oz today at 40... by the time i got home its damn near 41... 

you got investors and day traders , the ones who are investing for a ten yr run aren't worried about the little dips in the road... it might go back to 32 or even 27 an oz but that wont last long because we are in a bull market and the only way the bull goes in the long term is up... the dollar is in a downward spiral , and most wont know what happened til they're assed out...

hopefully one day my stash can be traded for something like real estate or some other investment that's cool for me...

MY EXIT STRATEGY IS A LONG WAY FROM NOW....  when gas is 8-9 dollars a gallon and food is more precious than material items then i'll be cashing out while the rest are trying to get in.... WE ARE THE MINORITY AS OF TODAY...

im a buyer for the next couple yrs......

when people start selling fake silver chains on the side of their jackets then I'm out...
when gas is 9 dollars youll be selling your silver for cash as in american dollar? Why will people want to buy your silver? I don't understand this.
also how will you cash out if the silver you bought is worth lets say $20.00. So then when the dollar looses value you sell it for 50 but those 50 are now worth 20, hows that work?

also where can I sell these bars of silver? for example, can I sell them to Kay jewelers or Jared etc..?

Cars aren't assets... They're liabilities.

Houses are somewhat liabilities as well.

The point in stacking precious metals is to preserve purchasing power and free yourself from the clutches of the bankers who control the value of our money. Silver and gold has been money for the past 6000 yrs. Only until 1970 something have we completely hone entirely fiat.

The prices of the metals are influenced on the value of the dollars strength. We are sitting on the brink of economic collapse. More wars and less industry. Moredollars will be printedto keep the circus going and that printing will reflect on prices for years to come. It's a sure thing.

I understand all that and historically metals have been a safe haven but it is clearly all speculation and manipulation at this point.  Metals are not gonna save you from this economic collapse.  The problem I have is everyone talks about investing in metals but no one has an exit strategy.  You are not gonna be using silver as currency in an economic meltdown, logistically it would be too hard to get everyone to agree universally on accepting it with out government approval, let alone agree on pricing of goods in terms of silver and it's risk.    And if by chance silver did become a sort of peoples currency, the govt would have no problem making it illegal as they did with gold in the 40's.   No currency will ever be based on metals again.  There is not enough gold and/or silver in existence, above ground or below, to account for the amount of wealth the world thinks it has.  Historically metal as a currency has not worked and has been exploited and basically ruined as a feasible form of circulated currency. 
Unless you have perfect timing on this pending economic collapse and can exchange your metals for "real" assets at the peak then I imagine you will be sitting on your investment for quite some time.  You gonna sell it for worthless dollars?  What are you gonna do with euro and yuan here in the US?   If you have an exit strategy on this investment I am all ears, I can definitely see the prices rising higher on metals from here especially when the equities markets start falling this summer, but mostly I just hear herd mentality, people saying just buy it cause it's going up, whats the exit strategy?
speculation isnt a bad thing.... it means some people are aware of whats down the road....  iam not selling my silver right now... i just bought 25 oz 2 weeks ago at 37 and i bout another 25 oz today at 40... by the time i got home its damn near 41... 

you got investors and day traders , the ones who are investing for a ten yr run aren't worried about the little dips in the road... it might go back to 32 or even 27 an oz but that wont last long because we are in a bull market and the only way the bull goes in the long term is up... the dollar is in a downward spiral , and most wont know what happened til they're assed out...

hopefully one day my stash can be traded for something like real estate or some other investment that's cool for me...

MY EXIT STRATEGY IS A LONG WAY FROM NOW....  when gas is 8-9 dollars a gallon and food is more precious than material items then i'll be cashing out while the rest are trying to get in.... WE ARE THE MINORITY AS OF TODAY...

when people start selling fake silver chains on the side of their jackets then I'm out...
when gas is 9 dollars youll be selling your silver for cash as in american dollar? Why will people want to buy your silver? I don't understand this.
also how will you cash out if the silver you bought is worth lets say $20.00. So then when the dollar looses value you sell it for 50 but those 50 are now worth 20, hows that work?

also where can I sell these bars of silver? for example, can I sell them to Kay jewelers or Jared etc..?

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Bank of Korea Buys Gold for First Time in Over 10 Years[/h1]
South Korea's central bank bought gold for the first time in more than a decade as global growth and debt uncertainties encourage monetary authorities around the world to diversify foreign reserves.http://[table][tr][td]
goldbars_0907.jpg
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
AP

[/td][/tr][/table]
A brittle global economic recovery and precarious debt conditions in the United States and Europe have boosted the safe-haven appeal of gold, lifting bullion to a series of record highs in July, as investors and central banks chased prices higher.

The Bank of Korea said in a statement on Tuesday  it bought 25 metric tons of gold over the past two months, raising its gold holding to 39.4 metric tons, or 0.4 percent of its total reserves.

The increased holding remains far smaller than that of other Asian central banks, with China, which ranks sixth globally, the biggest among Asian banks with 1,054.1 metric tons, equivalent to 1.6 percent of its entire reserves, by the end of May, the World Gold Council says.

Japan, No. 9 globally, has 765.2 metric tons of gold, or 3.3 percent of its total reserves, and 11th-ranked India has 557.7 metric tons, or 8.7 percent.

"South Korea's central bank seems a little late to the party, but gold investors should continue to expect price support as central bankers around the world are underinvested in the yellow stuff," said Sean McGillivray, head of asset allocation at Great Pacific Wealth Management.

"Investors and central bankers are looking to protect purchasing power, (by) diversifying into the currency of last resort, gold."

With prices hovering near historic highs, the central bank of Asia's fourth-largest economy said gold looked less lucrative as an investment, but it was the right time to buy the precious metal because its foreign reserves had risen above $300 billion.

The news barely moved gold prices, with spot [XAU = Loading...    ()  ] up just 0.1 percent at $1,620.24 an ounce by 0253 GMT, although analysts said it was supportive of prices. Gold hit a record high of $1,632.30 on Friday.

"Any news about central banks buying gold reassures consumers and other major players who are already looking at gold as an investment," said Jeffrey Pritchard, analyst at California-based commodities futures and options brokerage Altavest Worldwide Trading.

Conditions Ripe for Gold Purchase

The Bank of Korea said its latest gold purchase was valued at $1.24 billion. It did not say whether it had bought gold bullion or funds.

The central bank also would not say whether it plans to buy more gold. But chances are slim for the bank to sharply boost gold holdings in the near future because it is keen to make profits from reserves management while gold hardly generates yields unless it is sold at a profit, an act that could cause tremors in the market or send unwanted signals to investors.

The purchase comes weeks before the central bank is due to face an annual parliamentary audit, expected in September, and after several South Korean lawmakers from both the ruling and opposition parties have repeatedly called for it to boost holdings of gold to diversify reserves.

[h2]RELATED LINKS[/h2]

At 25 metric tons of gold, equivalent to 803,769 ounces, the average price paid comes to around $1,543 an ounce, based on Reuters calculations.

A BoK official said it was the bank's first gold purchase since at least the 1997-1998 Asian financial crisis when patriotic Koreans collected the precious metal as part of a campaign to boost the country's foreign reserves, when it was on the verge of a sovereign default.

"The country had too small an amount of foreign reserves to diversify into gold before 2004 and was not able to buy gold between 2005 and 2007 due to concerns about the central bank's annual losses," the Bank of Korea said.

"Now that our total reserves topped $300 billion and foreign exchange markets stabilized, we judged that conditions were ripe for us to increase gold holding."

The increased gold holding would put South Korea in 45th position in the World Gold Council's list of central banks holding gold, up from 56th previously, the Bank of Korea said.

The United States has the biggest gold holding in its  reserves, at 8,133.5 metric tons, or 74.7 percent of total reserves, according to the WGC's July report. Germany is a distant second with 3,401 metric tons, or 71.7 percent of its total reserves.

The Bank of Korea declined to disclose the purchase price but said it had entrusted all of its gold holding to the Bank of England for possible use in gold lending and other related transactions in future.

Including the gold, South Korea's foreign reserves rose by $6.55 billion in July to $311.03 billion, equivalent to about 30 percent of the country's annual gross domestic product of just more than $1 trillion in 2010.

South Korea's foreign reserves ranked seventh in the world as of the end of June, the central bank said.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/43979307

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Bank of Korea Buys Gold for First Time in Over 10 Years[/h1]
South Korea's central bank bought gold for the first time in more than a decade as global growth and debt uncertainties encourage monetary authorities around the world to diversify foreign reserves.http://[table][tr][td]
goldbars_0907.jpg
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
AP

[/td][/tr][/table]
A brittle global economic recovery and precarious debt conditions in the United States and Europe have boosted the safe-haven appeal of gold, lifting bullion to a series of record highs in July, as investors and central banks chased prices higher.

The Bank of Korea said in a statement on Tuesday  it bought 25 metric tons of gold over the past two months, raising its gold holding to 39.4 metric tons, or 0.4 percent of its total reserves.

The increased holding remains far smaller than that of other Asian central banks, with China, which ranks sixth globally, the biggest among Asian banks with 1,054.1 metric tons, equivalent to 1.6 percent of its entire reserves, by the end of May, the World Gold Council says.

Japan, No. 9 globally, has 765.2 metric tons of gold, or 3.3 percent of its total reserves, and 11th-ranked India has 557.7 metric tons, or 8.7 percent.

"South Korea's central bank seems a little late to the party, but gold investors should continue to expect price support as central bankers around the world are underinvested in the yellow stuff," said Sean McGillivray, head of asset allocation at Great Pacific Wealth Management.

"Investors and central bankers are looking to protect purchasing power, (by) diversifying into the currency of last resort, gold."

With prices hovering near historic highs, the central bank of Asia's fourth-largest economy said gold looked less lucrative as an investment, but it was the right time to buy the precious metal because its foreign reserves had risen above $300 billion.

The news barely moved gold prices, with spot [XAU = Loading...    ()  ] up just 0.1 percent at $1,620.24 an ounce by 0253 GMT, although analysts said it was supportive of prices. Gold hit a record high of $1,632.30 on Friday.

"Any news about central banks buying gold reassures consumers and other major players who are already looking at gold as an investment," said Jeffrey Pritchard, analyst at California-based commodities futures and options brokerage Altavest Worldwide Trading.

Conditions Ripe for Gold Purchase

The Bank of Korea said its latest gold purchase was valued at $1.24 billion. It did not say whether it had bought gold bullion or funds.

The central bank also would not say whether it plans to buy more gold. But chances are slim for the bank to sharply boost gold holdings in the near future because it is keen to make profits from reserves management while gold hardly generates yields unless it is sold at a profit, an act that could cause tremors in the market or send unwanted signals to investors.

The purchase comes weeks before the central bank is due to face an annual parliamentary audit, expected in September, and after several South Korean lawmakers from both the ruling and opposition parties have repeatedly called for it to boost holdings of gold to diversify reserves.

[h2]RELATED LINKS[/h2]

At 25 metric tons of gold, equivalent to 803,769 ounces, the average price paid comes to around $1,543 an ounce, based on Reuters calculations.

A BoK official said it was the bank's first gold purchase since at least the 1997-1998 Asian financial crisis when patriotic Koreans collected the precious metal as part of a campaign to boost the country's foreign reserves, when it was on the verge of a sovereign default.

"The country had too small an amount of foreign reserves to diversify into gold before 2004 and was not able to buy gold between 2005 and 2007 due to concerns about the central bank's annual losses," the Bank of Korea said.

"Now that our total reserves topped $300 billion and foreign exchange markets stabilized, we judged that conditions were ripe for us to increase gold holding."

The increased gold holding would put South Korea in 45th position in the World Gold Council's list of central banks holding gold, up from 56th previously, the Bank of Korea said.

The United States has the biggest gold holding in its  reserves, at 8,133.5 metric tons, or 74.7 percent of total reserves, according to the WGC's July report. Germany is a distant second with 3,401 metric tons, or 71.7 percent of its total reserves.

The Bank of Korea declined to disclose the purchase price but said it had entrusted all of its gold holding to the Bank of England for possible use in gold lending and other related transactions in future.

Including the gold, South Korea's foreign reserves rose by $6.55 billion in July to $311.03 billion, equivalent to about 30 percent of the country's annual gross domestic product of just more than $1 trillion in 2010.

South Korea's foreign reserves ranked seventh in the world as of the end of June, the central bank said.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/43979307

I'm getting on devildog's bandwagon. It seems that most likely there will be more stimulus soon because the economy is heading for a recession. I expect it will be stimulus in the form of giving more money to rich people and banks which will only cause inflation and further the downward spiral.

I'm getting on devildog's bandwagon. It seems that most likely there will be more stimulus soon because the economy is heading for a recession. I expect it will be stimulus in the form of giving more money to rich people and banks which will only cause inflation and further the downward spiral.

Originally Posted by cguy610

its not too late homie.... silver prices are pretty cheap right now compared to the jump we will see in the next 2 yrs or so... 
GOLD is at 1660 an oz right now...  thank myself i got in at 800 ... 

dont listen to people who speak about peaks in PM's right now. the system is crippled and there is no looking back to the good ole days... 

Originally Posted by cguy610

its not too late homie.... silver prices are pretty cheap right now compared to the jump we will see in the next 2 yrs or so... 
GOLD is at 1660 an oz right now...  thank myself i got in at 800 ... 

dont listen to people who speak about peaks in PM's right now. the system is crippled and there is no looking back to the good ole days... 

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

when gas is 9 dollars,  I'll be trying to buy some property with my stash... Silver and Gold was money for the past 6000 yrs now all of a sudden the world get flooded with paper and people are programmed to think that PM's are barbaric or some sort of relic... in 5-10 yrs when gold is at 4-5000 dollars an oz and silver is at 200+ ill be making some moves.... its not the price of gold and silver going up .. ITS THE VALUE OF YOUR DOLLAR LOSING VALUE... with the recent debt deal that passed yesterday these prices are a sure thing... ITS REALLY SIMPLE.. 

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

when gas is 9 dollars,  I'll be trying to buy some property with my stash... Silver and Gold was money for the past 6000 yrs now all of a sudden the world get flooded with paper and people are programmed to think that PM's are barbaric or some sort of relic... in 5-10 yrs when gold is at 4-5000 dollars an oz and silver is at 200+ ill be making some moves.... its not the price of gold and silver going up .. ITS THE VALUE OF YOUR DOLLAR LOSING VALUE... with the recent debt deal that passed yesterday these prices are a sure thing... ITS REALLY SIMPLE.. 

Seriously if you have the actual physical metals, how do you sell them at market value? Where?

and, for those with an investment what is your exit strategy? I have bad credit I can't even make a Scottstrade account, but I have a good amount of money in the bank now and my credit will be fine soon. Looking to make investments by the new year.

Seriously if you have the actual physical metals, how do you sell them at market value? Where?

and, for those with an investment what is your exit strategy? I have bad credit I can't even make a Scottstrade account, but I have a good amount of money in the bank now and my credit will be fine soon. Looking to make investments by the new year.

Originally Posted by TroyMcClure

Cash for gold, pawn shops, jewelers,etc.  Who ever offers the closest to market value. 

Originally Posted by TroyMcClure

Cash for gold, pawn shops, jewelers,etc.  Who ever offers the closest to market value. 

Back
Top Bottom