Silver to $250 an oz...

two states recently legalized and acknowledged that gold and silver is money.

thousands of years of history deeming the metal as money> paper experiments that almost always ends up toilet paper status
yeah?  and when do you see the US hitting hyperinflation and our paper being worthless?

two states recently legalized and acknowledged that gold and silver is money.

thousands of years of history deeming the metal as money> paper experiments that almost always ends up toilet paper status

yeah?  and when do you see the US hitting hyperinflation and our paper being worthless?

america had 2 hyperinflated currencies before. does "it aint worth a continental" sound familiar to you?

the dollar right now lost more than 96% of its currency and benny boy is printing it like a madman in the tune of 85 billion a month.

i cannot accurately predict when it will hyperinflate but il guess that it is soon. like 5-10 years. we already lost our AAA credit rating, what happens if we lose our world reserve status? look at how many trade partners china has right now that is trading without the use of the dollar.... there are so many clues into why the dollar will end up useless, not sure if the euro will go out first before or vice versa.

Hyper inflation. No. Operation twist was to slow down inflation and the relevancy of the us dollar is always going to be there. What people tend not to understand about our debt rating was that the downgrade was due to our government's inability to make decisions. Not the inability to pay back debt. US bonds are still the safest assets out there. Would you rather invest in European debt? Emerging market debt? Japanese debt? Etc? Whats risky as hell is putting your money into a commodity that solely gains appreciation from inflation and not on a revenue generating activity. Inflation is already starting to slow if u look at the growth rates in the cpi. That's what qe3 did, and that's why bernanke used operation twist. U really think a tenured professor and chairman of the princeton economics department is dumb enough to put us into hyper inflation?

Oh and that whole thing about states legally acknowledging gold as currency... the system is going to fall on its face. How do u think a regular retail cashier is going to be able to tell the difference between fools gold and real gold? And thats after they fix the problem with people depositing gold into their bank accounts only to find it fluctuate everyday without them actually changing their accounts. Lots of problems with that system.

when your paper money is worthless il be laughing too.

Pretty sure since the last time you laughed at me silver has fallen from 43. My "paper money" investments :lol: at you

try to buy silver now. you have to WAIT for delivery. no ones selling at this price unless it has a very high premium. the day before the big crash in gold and silver obama had rounded up the ceos of all the big banks. coincidence? highly doubt it. they all need and want the price to go down or their paper ponzi will crash

Da dollar is artificially hung up cuz its pegged to oil...lets see how long thats gonna last....

Hyper inflation. No. Operation twist was to slow down inflation and the relevancy of the us dollar is always going to be there. What people tend not to understand about our debt rating was that the downgrade was due to our government's inability to make decisions. Not the inability to pay back debt. US bonds are still the safest assets out there. Would you rather invest in European debt? Emerging market debt? Japanese debt? Etc? Whats risky as hell is putting your money into a commodity that solely gains appreciation from inflation and not on a revenue generating activity. Inflation is already starting to slow if u look at the growth rates in the cpi. That's what qe3 did, and that's why bernanke used operation twist. U really think a tenured professor and chairman of the princeton economics department is dumb enough to put us into hyper inflation?

Oh and that whole thing about states legally acknowledging gold as currency... the system is going to fall on its face. How do u think a regular retail cashier is going to be able to tell the difference between fools gold and real gold? And thats after they fix the problem with people depositing gold into their bank accounts only to find it fluctuate everyday without them actually changing their accounts. Lots of problems with that system.

not sure if you are being sarcastic but il play along

CPI? you really believe in that statistic? is that why obama wants to change it to the CHAINED CPI version. oh thats right. to save the government money by reporting lower inflation rates than it really is. look around you and the stuff you buy. the quality/quantity of the item shrinks while prices rose and will keep rising. BUT NO FREAKING INFLATION? are you serious?

gold is not a commodity. it doesnt get consumed as one. the safest bet is gold based on the fact that there is no counter party risk associated with owning gold. you dont want to be CORZINED, WEIMARED or CYPRUSED and you cant if that is in your hands.

i think ben bernanke is a moron. his PHD and what not dont mean anything to me. hes an insane madman bent on destroying the dollar and everything around it.

ok and how did they do it back in the day? they were buying things with gold back then right? when you buy a box of cereal it has a net weight to it. its not just a box of cereal and random amount of cereal in the box. you pay x amount of dollars (in this case silver because gold would be used for bigger purchases) for x amount of cereal,bread, etc etc. the same way we have counterfeit markers is the same way we can detect fake gold/silver.

best deal on silver today (back to 22.xx) silvertowne generic bars + free shipping also no credit card fee everyone else is sold out or 5$+ premiums

like andy says, just try to buy some, eagles are still selling for 30$ thats a 8 $ premium...

CPI? you really believe in that statistic? is that why obama wants to change it to the CHAINED CPI version. oh thats right. to save the government money by reporting lower inflation rates than it really is. look around you and the stuff you buy. the quality/quantity of the item shrinks while prices rose and will keep rising. BUT NO FREAKING INFLATION? are you serious?

gold is not a commodity. it doesnt get consumed as one. the safest bet is gold based on the fact that there is no counter party risk associated with owning gold. you dont want to be CORZINED, WEIMARED or CYPRUSED and you cant if that is in your hands.

i think ben bernanke is a moron. his PHD and what not dont mean anything to me. hes an insane madman bent on destroying the dollar and everything around it.

ok and how did they do it back in the day? they were buying things with gold back then right? when you buy a box of cereal it has a net weight to it. its not just a box of cereal and random amount of cereal in the box. you pay x amount of dollars (in this case silver because gold would be used for bigger purchases) for x amount of cereal,bread, etc etc. the same way we have counterfeit markers is the same way we can detect fake gold/silver.
Irregardless of whether you think the CPI is horrible statistic, what do you think gold is based off of? inflation. What do you think inflation is based off? the CPI. All market participants are basing it off of expectations of inflation based off of different measures of CPI and economic factors. http://www.marketplace.org/topics/economy/inflation-rip  there's the article you can read about the GROWTH RATE of inflation, NOT inflation itself.

Gold is traded in the commodities market. The safest bet is NOT gold, there are far better hedges against inflation than gold including REITs and TIPs which won't plummet after inflation starts to decrease. Gold only spikes during periods of inflation, other than that it returns next to nothing, and your returns are only based on a capital gains component that is ONLY affected by inflation. If you look at the historical figures for gold it took from 1970 to 2005 it went up from 30 dollars to 444 dollars. It took 35 years for gold to appreciate to the price of $444 which is what Google's stock accomplished in a year.

There is counter party risk to everything when you trade in the markets. counter party risk is the risk that the other side of the trade fails to deliver on their promises. If you held gold there's no counter party risk, but if you're trading it active either through derivatives or in the commodities market then there is counter party risk. 

I don't think you can fully appreciate what Bernanke did to help out the economy. The reason for inflation and lower interest rates was to get the economy out of the Great Recession, as in the greatest recession since the great depression. You really think appreciating the dollar would have helped our exports be competitive against the BRIC? I mean if depreciation is so bad why is China's exports booming from depreciating the currency? And yes, QE3 aka Operation Twist was created to slow down inflation compared to the other QE1 and QE2. Operation Twist switched out shorter term maturities for longer term maturities so it takes longer for the fed to pay out bondholders in cash, thus inevitably slowing down the rate of inflation. 

And as for back in the day, market prices weren't nearly as volatile they are today because of the rapid availability of information and prices from transactions.  As for your example the price of cereal won't change, but the amount of cereal you can buy will change when the market price of silver or gold fluctuates with a fixed amount of ounces. However, my qualm isn't with what you could buy with the price of cereal, it's how much a regular person's bank account would fluctuate if it held gold. People base expectations off of the money in their bank account, how can a person actually plan for the future when their bank account is changing every second?

by the way http://www.forbes.com/sites/kitcone...gold-etfs-indicates-gold-will-still-struggle/  look at the article for further indication of gold starting to under perform relative to other asset classes

clearly I wasn't being sarcastic.

Irregardless of whether you think the CPI is horrible statistic, what do you think gold is based off of? inflation. What do you think inflation is based off? the CPI. All market participants are basing it off of expectations of inflation based off of different measures of CPI and economic factors. http://www.marketplace.org/topics/economy/inflation-rip
 there's the article you can read about the GROWTH RATE of inflation, NOT inflation itself.

Gold is traded in the commodities market. The safest bet is NOT gold, there are far better hedges against inflation than gold including REITs and TIPs which won't plummet after inflation starts to decrease. Gold only spikes during periods of inflation, other than that it returns next to nothing, and your returns are only based on a capital gains component that is ONLY affected by inflation. If you look at the historical figures for gold it took from 1970 to 2005 it went up from 30 dollars to 444 dollars. It took 35 years for gold to appreciate to the price of $444 which is what Google's stock accomplished in a year.

There is counter party risk to everything when you trade in the markets. counter party risk is the risk that the other side of the trade fails to deliver on their promises. If you held gold there's no counter party risk, but if you're trading it active either through derivatives or in the commodities market then there is counter party risk. 

I don't think you can fully appreciate what Bernanke did to help out the economy. The reason for inflation and lower interest rates was to get the economy out of the Great Recession, as in the greatest recession since the great depression. You really think appreciating the dollar would have helped our exports be competitive against the BRIC? I mean if depreciation is so bad why is China's exports booming from depreciating the currency? And yes, QE3 aka Operation Twist was created to slow down inflation compared to the other QE1 and QE2. Operation Twist switched out shorter term maturities for longer term maturities so it takes longer for the fed to pay out bondholders in cash, thus inevitably slowing down the rate of inflation. 

And as for back in the day, market prices weren't nearly as volatile they are today because of the rapid availability of information and prices from transactions.  As for your example the price of cereal won't change, but the amount of cereal you can buy will change when the market price of silver or gold fluctuates with a fixed amount of ounces. However, my qualm isn't with what you could buy with the price of cereal, it's how much a regular person's bank account would fluctuate if it held gold. People base expectations off of the money in their bank account, how can a person actually plan for the future when their bank account is changing every second?

by the way http://www.forbes.com/sites/kitcone...gold-etfs-indicates-gold-will-still-struggle/
 look at the article for further indication of gold starting to under perform relative to other asset classes

clearly I wasn't being sarcastic.

:rofl: another textbook economist

im guessing you are the ones that keep saying gold and silver is in a bubble and it popped. SELL NOWWWW.

look up HFTs and why it got more volatile over the years. its not even safe to go up against a machine that can out trade you.

i cant appreciate what benny boy did cause hes insane. the unintended consequences to what hes doing is that majority is getting poorer and the people closest to him (banksters, politicians) have the most to gain from his idiotic policies.

please tell me what the hell we do export? the biggest damn export we have is DEBT. i have friends in hong kong telling me that the consequences of QE is causing massive inflation over there. its due to the peg but we dont hear that in america do we? NOPE. we here the usual talking heads on tv talking about HOUSING RECOVERY IS HERE. BY NOW. CARS MAKING A COMEBACK WITH THE DECADE LONG LOANS. NINJA CAR LOANS. SUBPRIME PEOPLE LETS ALL BECOME DEBT SLAVES.

we are all maxed out on debt. the americans cant handle anymore. from credit cards to student loans. this isshhh is unsustainable. but lets keep ben bernanke in so he can create more and more bubbles.

im guessing you are the ones that keep saying gold and silver is in a bubble and it popped. SELL NOWWWW.

look up HFTs and why it got more volatile over the years. its not even safe to go up against a machine that can out trade you.

i cant appreciate what benny boy did cause hes insane. the unintended consequences to what hes doing is that majority is getting poorer and the people closest to him (banksters, politicians) have the most to gain from his idiotic policies.

please tell me what the hell we do export? the biggest damn export we have is DEBT. i have friends in hong kong telling me that the consequences of QE is causing massive inflation over there. its due to the peg but we dont hear that in america do we? NOPE. we here the usual talking heads on tv talking about HOUSING RECOVERY IS HERE. BY NOW. CARS MAKING A COMEBACK WITH THE DECADE LONG LOANS. NINJA CAR LOANS. SUBPRIME PEOPLE LETS ALL BECOME DEBT SLAVES.

we are all maxed out on debt. the americans cant handle anymore. from credit cards to student loans. this isshhh is unsustainable. but lets keep ben bernanke in so he can create more and more bubbles.
I would hope that you would be a text book economist too, seeing as how gold prices are highly speculative and also fluctuate according to monetary policies.

I'm not saying gold is in a bubble, I'm saying it's a highly risky investment in the first place. It could be in a bubble, though seeing as how the prices became fairly speculative once they started correlating with the stock market a while ago. 

What would you propose for the poorer to get richer than? There's more money out there now so that the rich that get richer can reinvest that money to create jobs within the economy. If those idiotic people who have the most to gain from his idiotic policies go broke, where is the money to create the jobs then?

HFT are in a lot of the markets and from equities to commodities to derivatives; all they do is put out rapid fill or kill orders to test current prices, and they only profit off of very insignificant spreads over a large volume. They base their trades off of an algorithm, and a lot of those machines will mess up big time by continuing to take unfavorable positions due to their algorithm, and sometimes its so bad it'll create a market freeze. just look up the flash crash in 2010. However, if you look at the performance of investors like Warren Buffett, who is the complete opposite of an HFT strat, his performance has been fairly consistent over the years as you can see in his class A share. 

http://www.worldsrichestcountries.com/top_us_exports.html  there's a list of what we export, $205 billion in machinery and engines, $159 billion in electronic equipment, and $130 billion in oil. We finished 3rd last year in exports globally, and are still the world's richest nation.

China's the second largest economy in the world right now. Just surpassed Japan. If anything, they'll be suffering from the slowing in the Growth rate of GDP, but that's normal, and if it's anything from inflation it's because they manipulated they themselves manipulated their own currency so much. I mean if China didn't believe in the dollar, why would they peg the Chinese Yuan to the US Dollar? Why would they hold so many American assets? Asides from the fact that if they don't buy up US Dollars their currency becomes deflated and their exports decrease. 

Bubbles have been around for FAR longer than Bernanke. 

And I agree, I don't believe housing is recovering. Matter of fact I think it's the complete opposite. Robert Reisch said it best, there's an increase in home sales but there's a decrease in home ownership among Americans with unemployment still at a high around 7.8%, but it's decreasing. I also think the subprime auto loans are going to hurt us too if lenders don't start looking at the quality of credit of sub-prime borrowers. But this is a pretty different topic. 

I'm not totally against you, I just think it's fairly imprudent to advocate for gold as a safe bet to those who aren't nearly as educated in investing.

I would hope that you would be a text book economist too, seeing as how gold prices are highly speculative and also fluctuate according to monetary policies.

I'm not saying gold is in a bubble, I'm saying it's a highly risky investment in the first place. It could be in a bubble, though seeing as how the prices became fairly speculative once they started correlating with the stock market a while ago. 

What would you propose for the poorer to get richer than? There's more money out there now so that the rich that get richer can reinvest that money to create jobs within the economy. If those idiotic people who have the most to gain from his idiotic policies go broke, where is the money to create the jobs then?

HFT are in a lot of the markets and from equities to commodities to derivatives; all they do is put out rapid fill or kill orders to test current prices, and they only profit off of very insignificant spreads over a large volume. They base their trades off of an algorithm, and a lot of those machines will mess up big time by continuing to take unfavorable positions due to their algorithm, and sometimes its so bad it'll create a market freeze. just look up the flash crash in 2010. However, if you look at the performance of investors like Warren Buffett, who is the complete opposite of an HFT strat, his performance has been fairly consistent over the years as you can see in his class A share. 

http://www.worldsrichestcountries.com/top_us_exports.html there's a list of what we export, $205 billion in machinery and engines, $159 billion in electronic equipment, and $130 billion in oil. We finished 3rd last year in exports globally, and are still the world's richest nation.

China's the second largest economy in the world right now. Just surpassed Japan. If anything, they'll be suffering from the slowing in the Growth rate of GDP, but that's normal, and if it's anything from inflation it's because they manipulated they themselves manipulated their own currency so much. I mean if China didn't believe in the dollar, why would they peg the Chinese Yuan to the US Dollar? Why would they hold so many American assets? Asides from the fact that if they don't buy up US Dollars their currency becomes deflated and their exports decrease. 

Bubbles have been around for FAR longer than Bernanke. 

And I agree, I don't believe housing is recovering. Matter of fact I think it's the complete opposite. Robert Reisch said it best, there's an increase in home sales but there's a decrease in home ownership among Americans with unemployment still at a high around 7.8%, but it's decreasing. I also think the subprime auto loans are going to hurt us too if lenders don't start looking at the quality of credit of sub-prime borrowers. But this is a pretty different topic. 

I'm not totally against you, I just think it's fairly imprudent to advocate for gold as a safe bet to those who aren't nearly as educated in investing.

zimbabwe got trillions of dollars floating over there. PRINTING MONEY DOES NOT EQUAL WEALTH. zimbabwe stock market also went up a couple of million percentages during the 08 financial crisis. wheres the wealth effect over there? NOMINAL increases in a persons bank account does not EQUAL REAL wealth being created.

we are richest nation? what happens if you factor in all the debt we've accumulated? OH THATS RIGHT we aint ishhhh

so whats the easiest/simplest way to invest in silver/gold bars? what sites and how can i purchase them?

Back
Top Bottom