SJU Redmen official season thread.

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

We will get a tourney bid this year.. mark my words
CBI is always looking for big name schools.

If we get 25 plus wins ill be pissed if we don't get a bid
you should die of shock before you get upset if that's the case.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

We will get a tourney bid this year.. mark my words
CBI is always looking for big name schools.

If we get 25 plus wins ill be pissed if we don't get a bid
you should die of shock before you get upset if that's the case.
Seriously, this team will be lucky to win one game this week, let alone 25.

They have a team full of white boys...who are short and just chuck 3's.

roll.gif
I was wondering about the declining brotha demographic the past 4-5years.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Don't even mind ol boy KingFoam...he's been wildin since the Yankees season thread
laugh.gif
Word, I've learned to let the wild statements he throws out there slide
laugh.gif

I think Friday and Saturday has to be a statement weekend for STJ.

They are finally getting off their cupcake sched and playing legit teams. This early on it will give them a nice gauge of where they stand against highercompetition. I think that if they can split with Siena and Temple it will be a successful road trip.

That being said I think the easier game right now is Siena, they lost to Temple by 4 and Temple seems much improved. I hope we win both games but as of rightnow, lets win 1!

pimp.gif

PHILADELPHIA (AP) - .J. Kennedy scored 23 points to lead St. John's to a 77-68 victory over Siena in the Philly Hoop Group Classic on Friday night.

Kennedy shot 8-for-12 from the field while also adding six rebounds and five assists for the Red Storm (4-0). Dwight Hardy also chipped in with 13 points.

After a layup from Siena's Ryan Rossiter cut the Red Storm lead to 52-51 with 9:44 remaining, St. John's went on a 10-2 run to take a 62-53 lead with 6:12 left in the game. The Red Storm would go on to lead by as many as 12 points after a free throw from Kennedy made the score 76-64 with 35 seconds remaining.

The Saints (3-2) were paced by Rossiter, who scored 24 points and grabbed 13 rebounds. Ronald Moore and Alex Franklin chipped in with 11 point apiece.

St. John's shot 51.7 percent from the field (30-for-58) and had 18 assists.

Basically a road game. The way they came out to start the 2nd half it looked like last season all over again. Gotta love the toughness thisyear.

Justin Burrell, commit that.

Originally Posted by Los Yankees

Is the Duke game going to be national?
ESPN2...

Brief recap:
PHILADELPHIA -- .J. Kennedy scored 15 points as St. John's beat Temple 55-48 in the finale of the Philly Hoop Group Classic on Saturday night.
Dwight Hardy added 11 points for the Red Storm (5-0). St. John's is off to its first 5-0 start since the 2002-03 season.After trailing 22-21 at halftime, the Red Storm started the second half with a 13-2 run to take a 34-24 lead with 14:56 left in the game. Hardy had eight points during the run.The Owls cut the lead to four after a dunk from Ramone Moore made the score 45-41 with 6:39 remaining, but Temple was outscored 14-3 the rest of the way, and was held scoreless for 5 minutes.Temple (4-2) was led by Moore, who scored 10 points. Lavoy Allen and Rahlir Jefferson chipped in with nine points apiece.St. John's got to the free-throw line 30 times, while Temple shot only 15 free throws.

Originally Posted by friscostylez

why doesn't brownlee get more pt?
He's not a good enough defender/rebounder to get minutes like that. He's a great asset off the bench for offense.

I got my plane tickets to go along with my regular priced seats at Cameron Indoor....I will probably be the only person wearing red besides the players on St.John's and the coaching staff. Let's go STJ!!!!

Back
Top Bottom