Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Originally Posted by NobleKane

the mavericks are dumb. i would have done that deal. josh howard is so frustrating to watch play... i rather keep bass instead of him...

and matt barnes aint gonna do squat in phoenix...

You don't know the deal that was proposed by Sacramento
tired.gif
. We most likely would have had to take Kenny Thomas' contract, and give up BrandonBass. Regardless, Josh Howard will still have value in the upcoming season unless he falls off the face of the earth. If we traded for a player a 1-yr contractand he left, where does that leave us? Without our second best scoring option, and nothing but a huge contract to play with.

I'd love for a S&T for Josh Smith to happen though.

Originally Posted by JDB1523

Give us Okafor, Deng, or Iverson. Please?

Charlotte, Chicago and Denver's landfills are currently full. There's no more room for additional garbage.

"There's now talk of a proposed trade between the Pistons and Kings that would see the man whojump-started the most infamous brawl of the modern sports era head to the city where said brawl occured."

i wonder what would happen if this actually went through

Originally Posted by SantaRosaWarriorFan

LOL at Kobe saying Turiaf 'would rather be there'
money talks son...if he wanted to stay there he would have stayed

Umm, Kobe is friends with and talks to Turiaf so I think he would know what Turiaf wanted. Of course Turiaf wanted to stay in LA. The team is in a betterstate than the Warriors and he was content with being a guy receiving little playing time and you can tell by the way he acted on the bench.

^^ Yeah as a Pistons fan I wondered the same thing. I think a player like him would fit in great...it's just that everyone hates him.

Ultimately if they win it'll be fine though.

Flat out, there's no way.

"Who was the only starter in NBA history to be booed at every home game for the entire season?"

laugh.gif

[h2]Bulls Offering Deng LessThan Last Year[/h2]
Deng_Luol_chi_080401.jpg

Jul 22, 2008 11:00 AM EST

chi_40.gif
Talks betweenLuol Deng and the Chicago Bulls have been amicable so far, but the sides remain far apart.

Deng turned down a five-year, $57.5 million deal just before the start of last season.

According to another source, the Bulls' offer has not matched the figure he rejected last year.

His agent, Jason Levien, didn't represent Deng at the time of the negotiations last fall. Levien declined to comment Monday buttold Yahoo! he was optimistic a deal can be reached.

Via Chicago Sun-Times

Chicago Bulls

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

[h2]Okafor Ready To MoveOn Away From Charlotte[/h2]
Jul 22, 2008 10:57 AM EST

cha_40.gif
A source withknowledge of the negotiations says Emeka Okafor is ready to move on, rather than accept what the Charlotte Bobcats have offered long-term for hisservices.

Okafor would be an unrestricted free agent next summer, but the Bobcats might be inclined to negotiate a sign-and-trade now in orderto get value back for him.

Via Charlotte Observer

Charlotte Bobcats

[h2]Report: NetsSend Marcus Williams To Golden State[/h2]
Jul 22, 2008 2:37 PM EST

njn_40.gif
The Nets havetraded point guard Marcus Williams to the Warriors, the New York Post reported Tuesday.

According to the Post, the Nets will receive a future first-round pick for Williams, 22, who is entering the final year of hiscontract.

Via New York Post

New Jersey Nets, Golden State Warriors

Read the Full Story Discuss Send FeedbackBuy Tickets

[h2]Spurs Re-Sign Thomas[/h2]
Jul 22, 2008 2:32 PM EST

san_40.gif
The San AntonioSpurs announced today that they have re-signed forward/center Kurt Thomas. Per team policy, terms of the deals were not disclosed.

The 6-9, 235-lb Thomas joined the Spurs on 2/20/08 in a trade with the Seattle Sonics in exchange for Brent Barry and Francisco Elson.He appeared in 28 games for the Silver and Black, averaging 4.5 points and 4.9 rebounds in 18.7 minutes per game. Thomas saw action in all 17 playoff games,averaging 4.1 points and 4.9 rebounds in 15.8 minutes per contest. The former Texas Christian University standout started the season with the Sonics where heplayed in 42 games, averaging 7.5 points and 8.8 rebounds.

Via Press Release

San Antonio Spurs

Read the Full Story Discuss SendFeedback BuyTickets

[h2]Failed RestaurantFiles Suit Against Wade[/h2]
Jul 22, 2008 11:16 AM EST

mia_40.gif
On Friday, thecompany D Wade's Place filed suit in Miami-Dade Circuit Court against Dwyane Wade, accusing him of breach of contract.

The Palm Beach Gardens company partnered with Wade in August 2007 to open D. Wade's Sports Grill. The co-owners of D Wade'sPlace, Richard von Houtman and Mark Rodberg, would not comment Monday on the lawsuit.

Via Miami Herald

Miami Heat

[h2]Telfair Staying InMinnesota[/h2]
Jul 22, 2008 11:03 AM EST

min_40.gif
TheTimberwolves reached agreement Monday on a multi-year contract with unrestricted free agent Sebastian Telfair, his agent said.

"We're very excited for the opportunity to finish what we started," agent Andy Miller said. "Sebastian wants tohelp get this team back to the playoffs."

Via Star Tribune

Minnesota Timberwolves

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback BuyTickets

[h2]Boston Interested InGeorge[/h2]
Jul 22, 2008 10:52 AM EST

bos_40.gif
The Celticshave displayed interest in free agent forward Devean George, according to an NBA source.

Several teams have inquired about George, who played for Dallas last season and won three NBA titles with the Lakers. The Celtics have$2.8 million of mid-level exception funds available.

Via Boston Globe

Boston Celtics

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback BuyTickets

I couldn't find anything on Artest to the Pistons yet but it will pop up soon.

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Clippers should have tried to get Okafor first before making the Camby deal.

the clippers punched the nuggets in the face and took their cookies, i highly doubt that MJ would've let that happened to him

Originally Posted by MeloVP

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Clippers should have tried to get Okafor first before making the Camby deal.

the clippers punched the nuggets in the face and took their cookies, i highly doubt that MJ would've let that happened to him

It wouldn't have been a trade. The Clippers had the money to offer Okafor since he's a free agent.

Back
Top Bottom