Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Originally Posted by MeloVP

Clippers should have tried to get Okafor first before making the Camby deal.

the clippers punched the nuggets in the face and took their cookies, i highly doubt that MJ would've let that happened to him

It wouldn't have been a trade. The Clippers had the money to offer Okafor since he's a free agent.

restricted tho right?

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by PLAYOFF12

Iverson for Kidd.
smokin.gif

Makes sense on so many levels.
I bet Dirk would be way more happier
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Japs24

artest to pistons? WOW!

Cant wait for the warm welcome from the fans..lol

See the question mark?
laugh.gif
Yeah.

I don't think Okafor is going anywhere this season, but next, without a doubt.

lol at artest in sacramento. I would hate to see what happens if a trade does go through and artest starts making his midseaon comments about "wanting totake a break to work on music" or say's some other stupid comment like "I want to be traded cause the air quality is too bad here." I'dbe so happy if we can somehow get prince in return but I doubt it.

the clippers punched the nuggets in the face and took their cookies, i highly doubt that MJ would've let that happened to him

It wouldn't have been a trade. The Clippers had the money to offer Okafor since he's a free agent.

And the Bobcats would have matched it after 7 days and then the Clippers would once again lose out on the free agent market. Trading for Camby was the smartmove since signing restricted free agents rarely works out unless you overpay for them.

Naw we need as much loot as possible to throw at one of those 2010 FA's
pimp.gif

smile.gif
wow I just came back from Vegas to hear Matt Barnes signs withPhoenix!
pimp.gif
He's the reason why I got my mo-hawk last year
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Great pick up by my team! Pretty sure he'll be in the starting 5.. well maybe!
pimp.gif
Little by little Steve Kerr I believe in you.

Originally Posted by Jdiddy931

smile.gif
wow I just came back from Vegas to hear Matt Barnes signs with Phoenix!
pimp.gif
He's the reason why I got my mo-hawk last year
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Great pick up by my team! Pretty sure he'll be in the starting 5.. well maybe!
pimp.gif
Little by little Steve Kerr I believe in you.

sick.gif

You probably got the Drew Gooden patch and matching beard with it too hu?

There's no way he goes to Greece.

There's no way he goes anywhere except the NBA.

Originally Posted by slickrick916

lol at artest in sacramento. I would hate to see what happens if a trade does go through and artest starts making his midseaon comments about "wanting to take a break to work on music" or say's some other stupid comment like "I want to be traded cause the air quality is too bad here." I'd be so happy if we can somehow get prince in return but I doubt it.

ahahahaha

didnt they draft that one dude this year? I think he is gonna be their future big man....
I hope he is. I hope he's the Kevin Martin of power forwards, that Petrie found another gem at a small school. But you really never know withrookies. He may take some time to develop, and I'd like to see the team competitive sooner than later.

As for Artest for Prince. I'd do it I guess. If there's nothing else out there. I mean it's whatever--Artest has to go but we're in no hurry.But Martin and Prince would be the boniest 2-3 combo in the league. And imagine if they run a line-up with those two and Douby. That's like a combined350-400 pounds max. I'd still rather trade Artest for a 1, 4, or 5 and move Salmons to the starting line-up at 3 though. Salmons is a baller.

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
left_corner_player_news.gif
[/td] [td] [table][tr][td]
ATL.gif
[/td] [td] Josh Childress-G/F-Hawks[/td] [td]Jul. 23 - 2:20 am et[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td]
right_corner_player_news.gif
[/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td] Sekou Smith reported in his blog early Wednesday morning that Hawks swingman Josh Childress is very likely going to sign a contract with Greek team Olympiakos in the very near future.

"Childress is still in Athens and won't leave without making a decision on his immediate future," Smith writes. And three of the sources Smith has spoken to have stated that Childress is "gone." The Hawks could have locked him up long term last year, but chose to play the waiting game, and appear to have lost. This will be a public relations nightmare in Atlanta, and now hangs a further cloud over the future of Josh Smith, another restricted free agent, and his future with the team. Apparently, Billy Knight wasn't the biggest problem in Atlanta, and the owners seem to be dead set keeping their spot as the laughing stock of the NBA.
Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Related: Josh Smith
[/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Wow, good for JChill though. Probably wants more J's.
laugh.gif

Former Hawks swingman Josh Childress has signed with Olympiakos of Greece, a three-year, fully guaranteed contract worth far more than the $20 million initially believed to be his prize. Could there be a more stunning turns of events for fans who thought Childress was destined to remain in a Hawks' uniform for at least the next four or five years? Atlanta Journal-Constitution

"It's official, I just signed," Childress said by phone Wednesday morning from Athens, where he and agent Jim Tanner will be until Friday. "I think it was . . . a situation where I didn't know who to expect coming in, coming over to Athens. But it's a great city and a great organization. They do whatever they can to make you feel at home." Atlanta Journal-Constitution

The deal is the most lucrative current contract in European basketball and the biggest in Euroleague history. It's also another step in the globalization of the game, a trend that got a huge boost recently when the top-rated U.S. high school player, California native Brandon Jennings, opted for a contract with an Italian team over playing at Arizona. Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Childress representatives and Hawks officials negotiated for weeks on a contract extension but could never come close to agreeing to terms. The Hawks offered Childress a five-year deal with a starting salary in excess of the mid-level exception of $5.5 million. But Childress, 25, spurned the Hawks' $33 million offer for a more lucrative deal with Olympiakos. Atlanta Journal-Constitution

With no salary cap for European teams, Olympiakos could offer whatever they wanted to entice Childress to leave the NBA for the international game. Childress will, however, have the option of opting out his contract with Olympiakos at the end of each season, which gives Childress maximum flexibility were he to choose to return to the NBA after this season. Atlanta Journal-Constitution

The Hawks are also in negotiations with their other restricted free agent, Josh Smith. The Hawks retain Childress's NBA rights for at least two years, but they lose one of the league's best and most efficient sixth men without immediate compensation. The Hawks, per the rules of restricted free agency, had the right to match any competing offers from NBA teams. Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Losing Childress this way, if it does indeed happen, is a third round TKO for the Hawks, who had their chances to lock Childress up long-term with a legitimate contract extension and never did. What constitutes legitimate, however, is where everyone seems to have shifting opinions. It might not matter by lunchtime, though, because Childress might be a member of a different team by then. Atlanta Journal-Constitution

They (ESPN.com) reported that Josh Smith has been extended a six-year, $60 million offer from the Hawks. But spies in both camps confirm that this is absolutely, 100 percent NOT true. In fact, Smith has never been formally offered a cent over $9 million from the Hawks. They've only had discussions about where things might go but there's never been a formal offer at that rate. Atlanta Journal-Constitution

As we reported earlier, the Hawks did extend an offer to Childress with a starting salary in excess of the NBA's $5.5 million mid-level exception. But that was only after yanking a more lucrative offer off the table, according to one of my best spies, when Childress didn't immediately accept the initial offer. Atlanta Journal-Constitution

As Team USA's practice ended, LeBron James reclined on a table with trainers tending to his sprained right ankle. A horde of television cameramen surrounded James, and the trainers before team officials shooed them away. The Americans described the injury as minor. It occurred Tuesday when James landed on Kevin Durant's foot during a closed scrimmage between Team USA and a select squad of young NBA players at Valley High School. Denver Post

Marcus Camby still can't believe what went down. The Los Angeles Clippers acquired Camby, the NBA's leading shot-blocker the past three seasons, from the Nuggets a week ago Tuesday for the option to exchange second-round picks with the Clippers in 2010. "When I heard of the trade, I said, 'Who did Denver get in return?' " Camby said Monday at an introductory news conference for the Clippers. Denver Post

"I thought the way (the Nuggets) went about it was classless," Camby said. "I thought it could have gone down a whole lot better." Denver Post

The Pistons have agreed to two-year contracts with free agent Will Bynum and second-round draft pick Walter Sharpe, representatives for the players said Tuesday. Mark Bartelstein, Bynum's agent, said he expects the point guard to sign today. Bartelstein added that the deal gives Bynum about $700,000 guaranteed the first year, before a second-year team option. Detroit News

But the Warriors allayed that concern Tuesday, acquiring Marcus Williams from New Jersey for a conditional first-round draft pick. The pick is lottery protected for 2011, so the Nets get it if the Warriors are in the playoffs. If it goes to 2012, the pick is protected 1-11. It's protected 1-10 for 2013. If it is not conveyed by 2013, the Nets get second-round picks in 2013 and 2015. Williams became expendable when the Nets acquired Devin Harris from Dallas in February and Keyon Dooling from Orlando on Monday. Bay Area News Group

Sure enough, a second source close to the Pistons has indicated that Pistons are pondering a trade for Ron Artest. I'm not sure of the opinions of the Pistons powers-that-be - namely team president Joe Dumars and owner Bill Davidson - but it says plenty that the chatter surrounding the mere idea is spreading around them. And Dumars, for the record, may be glad this is getting out since he is reportedly tired of fans thinking he's sitting on his hands. Sacramento Bee

The piece that gets it done here is Tayshaun Prince, and the Pistons are - according to ESPN's Chris Broussard - have already considered other moves that include their stars. A Kings source tells me they have not called Sacramento, and I wouldn't be shocked if no one else had recently either. I'm told it's quiet enough that Kings basketball president Geoff Petrie is heading out for a vacation, which means we have something in common. Sacramento Bee

Forget the Allen Iverson fantasy, but let's seriously consider a name that continues to be mentioned among trade rumors: Chauncey Billups. The 32-year-old point guard may be headed into the twilight of his career as an elite-level player and does have three years and $36.3 million left on his contract (not counting a team option of $14.2 mil in 2011-12). But if you're trying to build something here and make this team attractive to LeBr- I mean, free agents, this is the type of player you go after. NY Newsday

Flip Saunders got whacked and now the roster is going to get an overhaul. And Rodney Stuckey's emergence during the playoffs perhaps has made Billups expendable. Reports have suggested the Pistons offered Billups to Denver in a package for Carmelo Anthony and also have talked to the Warriors about Andris Biedrins. NY Newsday

Matt Barnes has left the Warriors, signing a one-year contract with the Suns on Tuesday. The 6-foot-7 forward spent the last two seasons with Golden State, averaging 8.5 points and 4.5 rebounds. His best season came in 2006-07, when he averaged 9.8 points and 4.6 rebounds, then had 11.1 points and 5.7 rebounds in 11 playoff games. San Francisco Chronicle

The Warriors have until Friday to decide whether to match the Clippers' multiyear offer sheet, believed to be worth about $3 million a season, to Kelenna Azubuike. Mullin has offered little indication which way the team is leaning, saying Saturday, "The decision could very easily go down to (Friday). We're looking at other things in the meantime." Tuesday's trade could be read either way with Williams' contract - about $1.2 million - leaving the Warriors enough money under the salary cap to match Azubuike's offer, or as an indication that Golden State is set to let Azubuike leave. San Francisco Chronicle

Having learned finally to share the ball, Kobe Bryant is poised to lead the United States' charge for Olympic basketball gold in Beijing. Appearing at his first Olympics, the NBA's Most Valuable Player could be the key to American hopes of regaining a title once regarded as their birthright. Bryant will also be looking to emulate Michael Jordan, arguably the sport's greatest player, by following his MVP title with an Olympic gold medal. Jordan won gold as a college player in 1984 and again with the fabled "Dream Team" of the 1992 Barcelona Olympics, alongside Larry Bird and Magic Johnson. Reuters/Boston Globe

A team ethic, embodied by the maturing Bryant, underpins the U.S. squad, who will face strong competition, not least from 2004 gold medalists Argentina and world champions Spain. Bryant's ability to break down the defense off the dribble and solid shooting will be a huge plus for a U.S. team who could manage only bronze at the 2006 world championships in Japan. Reuters/Boston Globe

I am sick of everyone saying Bryant just learned to share the ball. His players changed their names from Kwame to Pau, Smush to Fish.

I hope USA wins gold, at the same time I would like to see some competitive games.

Great move for Childress, I think he is an underrated player and should be fine in Europe. He basically just opened the gates for a new era in the NBA. Arecession hurts everything, even the NBA. I think a lot of player might start doing that.

and WHAT are the Hawks doing. I mean seriously they should have just spent money, 2010 should not be their concern. They had a young team that took the champsto 7 games, they needed a couple more pieces ( i think a deadly shooter and an ok big man- Okafor) to be relevant and now it looks like they are just losingit. If they dont resign JSMITH
devil.gif

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

And the Bobcats would have matched it after 7 days and then the Clippers would once again lose out on the free agent market. Trading for Camby was the smart move since signing restricted free agents rarely works out unless you overpay for them.

But they could have at least made an attempt for him, and if Charlotte matched, then they could have traded for Camby. I would have rather gone afterOkafor than Camby.

Reports yesterday suggested that Chicago Bulls' forward Luol Deng and his agent were ready to issue an "ultimatum" to the Bulls, basically sayingif Luol did not have a deal done by September 1st, that he would back away from negotiations and not negotiate again with the Bulls.

League sources suggested that the Lakers, Pistons, Heat and Jazz have all had discussions with Luol Deng's camp about the framework of a sign-and-trade.

Our intrepid, and by intrepid I mean, spending nearly two weeks in Vegas without having to use his one phone call and/or post bail, Dave McMenamin sent a couple of practice notes our way from this morning's session. McTen, be our Calgon, take us away:

-- U.S.A. Basketball is praticing at Valley High School, the alma mater of San Diego Padres pitcher Greg Maddux.

-- Mike Krzyzewski confirmed that the starting lineup will be the same group that played in last summer's FIBA Americas tournament - Jason Kidd, Kobe Bryant, Carmelo Anthony, LeBron James and Dwight Howard.

-- The senior team and the select squad played four five-minute scrimmages. The senior team won all four. In the first and fourth games, Coach K's crew won handily, but P.J. Carlesimo's young pups put a scare into them in the second and third games. The second match was decided by a LeBron James game-winning pull-up jumper on Jerryd Bayless with 2.0 seconds left and in the third game Kobe Bryant got hot in the last couple minutes to get the win after the Select Team jumped out to a big early lead.

-- During the first scrimmage, the Select Team's first five out on the court were O.J. Mayo, Luther Head, Kevin Durant, Jeff Green and Al Horford.

-- No. 1 overall pick Derrick Rose scored on several drives to the hoop, but also struggled with turning the ball over.

-- Kevin Love (Achilles') and Andre Iguodala (has not signed a contract with Philadelphia) were present but did not participate.

-- Dwyane Wade has a freshly bald head. As he says in the T-Mobile commercial: sex-aayyyy.

- The who's who in the stands included NBA coaches (Erik Spoelstra, Vinny Del Negro), NBA execs (Jeff Bower, Kevin Pritchard), NBA players (J.R. Smith, Russell Westbrook, Danilo Gallinari, Keith Langford,), college coaches (John Calipari, Bobby Gonzales, Jeff Capel) and a smattering over other basketball glitterati (William Wesley, George Raveling, John Thompson, Mike Fratello, Fran Frischilla).
Mayo running the point over Rose?
pimp.gif
For some odd reason, Ithink Rose is going to be turnover prone for most of his career. Also, looks like Kevin Love's physical ability is catching up to him. He might not last inthe league just because of his physical ability.

SMH at Head getting the start over Kevin Martin. Seriously? I guess they needed less players on the court that could create their own shot.

Back
Top Bottom