Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Chauncey is now old and overrated...whens the last big shot, "Mr. Big Shot" hit?

Thank you! I thought I was the only person that felt this way!

^well it's not like they're gonna trade chris paul or anything. the only trade bait they have is what...mo pete? eh. the hornets are set as a team. if they land CDR in the draft, well then...they're even more set. no need for any changes for the hornets imo.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Has there been a lick of Hornets news in this thread?

I've tried to keep up with it, and I haven't seen even a mention.
The only news I have seen is about scott getting a new deal. Trust me there isn't much going on in NO. They have a great young squad and I thinkthey don't have any big free agent worries.

Originally Posted by RUDOLPH1996

Originally Posted by franchise3

The reason why the Nuggets turned it down is probably from a PR standpoint.

It's just not popular giving up a superstar, and not getting a superstar in return.

While it would probably improve them, Billups + Prince aren't 'flashy' name players.

Pistons would be sick though with Melo.
So they would give up a solid defensive presence in Prince and a solid PG for someone who doesnt play defense in Melo but can score and be good for Marketing????? Pretty sure team defense and solid PG play still wins Championships.. *see 04 Pistons 08 Celtics* hmmmmm.......
Joe D thinks Stuckey is the future.

That's why he's 'untradeable' in Joe's eyes.

Probably that's why he's keen on entertaining offers for Billups, to open up more time for him.

All I'm saying is, GM's be hesitant trading away superstars. Melo is the face of the Nuggets franchise. He draws a crowd.

Remember, it was reported, however credible it may be, that Denver was the one to turn down the offer. Not the other way around.

Getting Prince and Billups will more than likely make the Nuggets better, but again, it's tough trading a superstar and not getting a superstar in return.

And the Pistons play good team ball/good team defense. Melo definitely won't hurt them.

But, it's moot anyway since Melo's agent has come out and said the franchise has told him they will not be trading Melo this summer.

Kiddin Like Jason:

Has there been a lick of Hornets news... period?
nerd.gif

- Chris Paul is going to kill it next year
- West is going to body slam Dirk... twice
- Scott jinxed his old team by saying 'You don't go from not making the playoffs to winning the championship; it just doesn't work that way.'Then the Celtics proceeded to go from not making the playoffs... to winning the championship, against his first NBA team.
laugh.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Kiddin Like Jason:

Has there been a lick of Hornets news... period?
nerd.gif

- Chris Paul is going to kill it next year
- West is going to body slam Dirk... twice
- Scott jinxed his old team by saying 'You don't go from not making the playoffs to winning the championship; it just doesn't work that way.' Then the Celtics proceeded to go from not making the playoffs... to winning the championship, against his first NBA team.
laugh.gif
frown.gif

HEY YOU WITH THE FACE, QUIET FOO!
smh.gif

the hornets need to try and visit a trade for mike miller...maybe they can give up mo pete,butler,and/or a 2009 pick?draft CDR and the lineup looks like:

cp3/pargo/mike james
mike miller/cdr/bonzi(if resigned)
peja/wright
west/melvin ely/bonner
chandler/armstrong/birdman?

Rumor from the laker thread..

bright nikes wrote:
Rumor: Bobcats in trade talks with the Lakers.

Bobcats offering Gerald Wallace for Lamar Odom.

Crash doesn't seem too durable to me, although I love his tenacity - we need someone dependable.

Its on lg.net

I will check this out tomorrow but I doubt this will happen. This might have been something the bobcats started. I will report more tomorrow.

More Josh Smith rumors...

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080623/SPORTS0102/806230382/1127
Pistons eye Hawks forward [h5]Posted: Monday June 23, 2008 06:58AM ET[/h5]
Keep an eye on the negotiations between the Hawks and forward Josh Smith. Smith is a restricted free agent reportedly seeking a deal that starts in excess of $11 million. Hawks new general manager Rick Sund might not be willing to start a deal at that price. If an impasse occurs, you can bet the Pistons will come asking about a possible sign-and-trade deal.

grin.gif

For who exactly? Maxiell? Prince?
eyes.gif

Philly can offer Smith a deal starting at right around $11 million. That's the highest he can get from any not in Atlanta. I expect to see him re-signedfor that amount. A sign-and-trade makes no sense. If you're going to commit the money to someone, why take back lesser talent?

Smith on the pistons I like that
nerd.gif
, except when we run half court sets
frown.gif

As much as I like billups (go pistons) stuck is the future, he's been comin along nicely, I don't agree with tradin prince though, he's veryunderated, and his length and defense help. I don't want mello on the team
grin.gif
I don't see him workin out with us for some reason
nerd.gif
. I trust joe dthough so lets see what happens

They said on ESPN this morning that the Nuggets told Melo's agent that he wont be traded... But knowing ESPN, who knows how true...

And like DLo said... Even though Smith will be nice for the Pistons, who can we trade away for him, draft pick?

Denver would be foolish to trade Melo for Billups. They'd be doing Joe Dumars a favor. Turn that deal down.

Now if Joe D is throwing in Prince as well, then definitely entertain that offer. Just remember that if you acquire Billups and AI, as expected, exercised hisplayer option on his contract, then your starting backcourt would be Billups PG and AI at the SG. That's a good backcourt, but you need to replaceMelo's scoring.

[h1]http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3456352

Carmelo's agent assured forward will not be traded[/h1]
The agent for Carmelo Anthony says the Denver Nuggets have told him they will not trade the two-time All-Star forward this summer. "He's not going to be moved," Calvin Andrews said in a telephone interview Sunday. "It's not happening. We've been given assurances from the owner on down."

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

That proposed Nuggets lineup wouldn't be much better than the current one. What drastic change in that lineup leads you all to believe that puts them in discussion with the top teams in the West. They get an aging PG and SF who will only be as good as the team around him.

There's also some talk of Philadelphia being willing to break out the bank for Josh Smith...if that happens...
sick.gif
at having Igoudala and J-Smith on the wings with Dre running the point.

Billups, Iverson, Prince, Martin, and Camby would be a very defensive minded line-up. -looks at this year's championship winner-

You can't put together a group of decent individual defenders and expect that will equal team defense. Team Defense and Individual Defense are two totallydifferent things. Alot of the Celtics success came from system put in place by Thibodeau. Who's to instill a team defense mindset on the Nuggets? GeorgeKarl?

Fact of the matter is...it doesn't make sense to trade a young player as talented as Melo for a PG who is moving past his prime in his 30's...a decentSF in Prince...and the other three people in your starting lineup is a 30 something year old AI, Camby, and Mr. Glass Martin. That would be a horrible move forDenver. The only way you make a move like that is if you know you're going to get back talent that INSTANTLY puts you in championship contention...and whenI say that I don't mean a group of 10 or something team...I'm talking about being an odds on favorite to get their...much like Boston did. As soon asthey got KG and Ray they started talking championship. If Denver gets Billups and Prince...as anyone in their right mind thinking championship?

Please give us Gerald Wallace for Odom, dude is younger and can actually finish at the rim. DO IT MITCH
109363812ad658b3779304b5e00af0636ebe14cf.bmp

Reports: Raptors in talks with Pacers to deal Ford for O'Neal

The Indiana Pacers and Toronto Raptors have held discussions about a possible trade involving Jermaine O'Neal and T.J. Ford, according to reports in theIndianapolis Star and the Toronto Star. The Raptors -- eager to move an unhappy Ford and make Jose Calderon their starting point guard -- also would includecenter Rasho Nesterovic and possibly their first-round pick in Thursday's draft, both newspapers reported. One sticking point might be O'Neal'shealth. He played in 42 games last season because of a left knee injury, though Pacers officials said recently that O'Neal is healthy, according to theIndianapolis Star. O'Neal, a six-time All-Star, averaged 13.6 points and 6.7 rebounds a game last season, and is currently working out in Las Vegas. Asecond issue might be the financial burden O'Neal poses. He is set to make $21 million this season and $23 million in 2009-10.Multiple reports surfacedthis past weekend about a possible trade that would have the Raptors sending Ford and their first-round pick (No. 17 overall) to the Phoenix Suns for forwardBoris Diaw.

With the suns possibly getting Ford, could that mean Barbosa to the knicks?
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by sensation87

The Indiana Pacers and Toronto Raptors have held discussions about a possible trade involving Jermaine O'Neal and T.J. Ford, according to reports in the Indianapolis Star and the Toronto Star. The Raptors -- eager to move an unhappy Ford and make Jose Calderon their starting point guard -- also would include center Rasho Nesterovic and possibly their first-round pick in Thursday's draft, both newspapers reported. One sticking point might be O'Neal's health. He played in 42 games last season because of a left knee injury, though Pacers officials said recently that O'Neal is healthy, according to the Indianapolis Star. O'Neal, a six-time All-Star, averaged 13.6 points and 6.7 rebounds a game last season, and is currently working out in Las Vegas. A second issue might be the financial burden O'Neal poses. He is set to make $21 million this season and $23 million in 2009-10.Multiple reports surfaced this past weekend about a possible trade that would have the Raptors sending Ford and their first-round pick (No. 17 overall) to the Phoenix Suns for forward Boris Diaw.

pimp.gif

Ford wouldn't be any happier in Phoenix if he wants to be the starter somewhere.

Originally Posted by sensation87

The Indiana Pacers and Toronto Raptors have held discussions about a possible trade involving Jermaine O'Neal and T.J. Ford, according to reports in the Indianapolis Star and the Toronto Star. The Raptors -- eager to move an unhappy Ford and make Jose Calderon their starting point guard -- also would include center Rasho Nesterovic and possibly their first-round pick in Thursday's draft, both newspapers reported. One sticking point might be O'Neal's health. He played in 42 games last season because of a left knee injury, though Pacers officials said recently that O'Neal is healthy, according to the Indianapolis Star. O'Neal, a six-time All-Star, averaged 13.6 points and 6.7 rebounds a game last season, and is currently working out in Las Vegas. A second issue might be the financial burden O'Neal poses. He is set to make $21 million this season and $23 million in 2009-10.Multiple reports surfaced this past weekend about a possible trade that would have the Raptors sending Ford and their first-round pick (No. 17 overall) to the Phoenix Suns for forward Boris Diaw.

pimp.gif
A healthy O'Neal + Bosh.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Don't know if this was posted but this seems interesting...

Spurs Interested in JR Smith?

spacer.gif

Posted: 6/23/2008 7:17:00 AM
Source: San Antonio Express-News

The one who makes the most sense for the Spurs is the one with the least sense. That would be J.R. Smith, the flawed diamond of this summer's free-agent class. He has been everything the Spurs are not, and he also has everything the Spurs need.

For one, he can dunk.

So he's worth a look. And if the Spurs go in that direction on July 1, and if they interview Smith, then what follows will hinge on this:

Can Gregg Popovich see something he likes in someone he shouldn't?

Next season might hinge on it, too. The Spurs likely won't get enough from the draft to help them immediately, even if they find a way to move up.

The other free agents are equally uninspiring. Role players are available, not much more.

But then there is Smith, a remarkable athlete who the Spurs previously tried to acquire in a trade. Then, just before the 2006 trade deadline, a deal fell through that would have sent Brent Barry to New Orleans in exchange for Smith.

Byron Scott had given up on the kid, but the Spurs thought they had missed out. Given their locker room, couldn't they have reached Smith as they once did Stephen Jackson?

This would be great for both parties. I think Pop could control JR and turn him into a future all-star.

Whciever team gets Jermaine O'Neal will regret it. O'neal is shot, his knees are done and will never put up the numbers he did a few years ago. 14 and7 is the most you'll get from him.

JR with SA wouldn't be that bad...he'd play the same role as Stephen Jackson did back in 2003 and that worked out.

Back
Top Bottom