Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Originally Posted by franchise3

Originally Posted by HtownRox14

I've read on Houston message boards that Rockets front office people have said... The "Most polite rocket" will be traded this week...

Shane Battier?
Say word?
eek.gif
nerd.gif
frown.gif

The Rockets are in a catch 22.

They could roll with their current lineup into next season, which is good, but maybe not good enough come playoff time as we've seen, or they could trade Shane (Houston's most tradeable asset, as T-Mac and Yao aren't going anywhere) and try to move up in the draft/get an offensive minded player.

The thing is though, the Rockets win because of their defense for the most part. Consistently one of the best teams in the league defensively. Shane is the glue guy, the Rockets best defender..

I don't think he gets traded, but if he does, I think it's to Portland..

I thought the rockets had the best defense last year. if tmac had any balls in his sack, they would have went deeper into the playoffs....

they need to trade tmac for redd already...

Originally Posted by bjm5295

Am I the only one who thinks it'll be rediculous to possibly give Bynum 5 years $80 Million?
HEY YOU WITH THE FACE, QUIET FOO!
laugh.gif

guy was averaging 17 and 12 the month before he went down with about 3 blocks pg....in 28 minutes... led the league in FG% . dude is young too... what ishe 21 or 22? he still needs to work on his post game but anything thrown up to him was automatic...
hopefully he comes back fine... if he puts those numbersup again, i have no problem with them paying him that...

Originally Posted by HtownRox14

Houston would probably want Outlaw and 13... i know its more of a stretch than martell, but battier is arguably the best 1 on 1 defender in the league... he's worth a lot. I could see the trade going down if rush is available at 13...

Rockets get outlaw and draft rush

Then trade SJax and Francis's exprings at the deadline for a SG/SF (mike miller)...

Rockets end up looking

Rafer/Brooks
Miller/Rush/Head
T-mac/Outlaw/Novak
Scola/Landry/Hayes
Yao/_____?

i like it better than now..although we would need a better back up PG...
Isn't bobby jackson the backup?

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Suns and Clippers are talking about a deal that would send the No. 7 pick and Corey Maggette to Phoenix for Leandro Barbosa and the No. 15 pick, according to ESPN.com[/font][/font][/font]

Hmm. I like that Suns-Clips swap. Who are the Suns trying to move up to draft? Westbrook? Eric Gordon?

rockets should of just picked Rudy gay
They did, that who they traded to get Battier....

All I care about is my Wizards trying to get Ronnie Turiaf, or some type of High Enery post player like they missed out on last year in the draft (I love NIckYoung, but I think Shaun Williams woulda been a better pick)

It's all very tentative and quite up in the air but the Raptors have already investigated the possibility of a blockbuster trade that would net them a veteran - yet expensive - NBA centre. According to league sources, Toronto has had talks with the Indiana Pacers about acquiring 29-year-old Jermaine O'Neal for a package that would include T.J. Ford, Rasho Nestervoic and, perhaps, the 17th pick in this week's draft. The talks are not the point where any deal is imminent and a deal is certainly not assured but the source said the Raptors are aggressively trying to move Ford and O'Neal is one of their targets. Toronto Star

Toronto also still has serious interest in forward Boris Diaw of the Phoenix Suns and is in talks with at least three other teams for trades of a similar magnitude. Toronto Star

Finally, Carmelo Anthony got upset about the rumors and had his agents -- Bill Duffy and Calvin Andrews -- confront Warkentien to set things straight. To mollify Anthony, Warkentien told the agents and then reporters that the Nuggets vetoed a trade request from the Pistons. It's not totally false, but it's not totally true, either. The initial trade talks were initiated by Denver, and they never advanced beyond the preliminary stages. Detroit News

Dan Fegan, agent for Heat forward Shawn Marion, said Sunday night it is "highly unlikely" that his client will opt out of his $17.8 million for next season. Marion must finalize his decision by Tuesday at 6 p.m., but Fegan said unless there was a dramatic shift in talks with Heat President Pat Riley, "I don't think we're opting out." South Florida Sun-Sentinel

The most amicable resolution with Marion should he not opt out would be a trade, with Los Angeles Lakers forward Lamar Odom, Los Angeles Clippers forward Elton Brand and Utah Jazz forward Carlos Boozer among the options. Marion would be eligible to be dealt as soon as Tuesday's opt-out deadline passes. South Florida Sun-Sentinel

In that permutation, the Heat would send its No. 2 selection plus center Mark Blount to the Sonics in exchange for the No. 4 selection and center Chris Wilcox. The Heat then would be in position to select Southern Cal guard O.J. Mayo or Arizona guard Jerryd Bayless at No. 4. South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Had Isiah Thomas stayed in power, Stephon Marbury said he knows his contract would have been bought out after the season. In an interview with The Post yesterday, Marbury said his contract was nearly bought out in November amidst the Nov. 13 Phoenix fiasco, when Marbury left the Knicks reportedly because he wasn't going to start anymore. NY Post

The Jazz have until June 30 to tender a $1.2 million qualifying offer that would leave C.J. Miles a restricted free agent. If they do bring back the third-year guard, O'Connor said the Jazz would ask Miles to play in the Rocky Mountain Revue summer league. Salt Lake Tribune

Two people familiar with the situation said the Pacers and Toronto Raptors have discussed trading Jermaine O'Neal for point guard T.J. Ford and center Rasho Nesterovic, whose contract expires after next season, and possibly Toronto's first-round pick (No. 17) in Thursday's draft. The Raptors would have to include at least one other player, probably with an expiring contract, to make the deal work financially. Pacers officials declined comment when reached by phone Monday. O'Neal could not be reached. Indianapolis Star

Pacers officials, however, recently said O'Neal's knee is healthy. O'Neal started working on his conditioning several weeks ago. Officials from several teams have been to Las Vegas to watch him work out. Indianapolis Star

The Pacers have concerns about Ford's durability. The Raptors' point guard missed time last season after he struck his head on the floor following a foul by Atlanta's Al Horford. Ford missed the 2004-05 season after suffering a bruised spinal cord during the 2003-04 season. Indianapolis Star

Tinsley's future is unclear, particularly after coach Jim O'Brien said he no longer can rely on the injury-plagued guard to direct the team. Indianapolis Star

The draft could put the Nets in position to deal Richard Jefferson, something that has been rumored for most of Jefferson's seven-year tenure in New Jersey. NY Daily News

Donnie Walsh's long-range plan is to make a play for LeBron James when James becomes a free agent in two years. In the interim, the Knicks' president is trying to clear salary cap space and assemble a few pieces that would make New York more appealing to James. One such player is USC guard O.J. Mayo, who could go as high as third in Thursday's draft. NY Daily News

There was a report yesterday that the Knicks and Grizzlies were working on a deal that would send David Lee and Malik Rose to Memphis for the fifth overall pick plus the two years and $13 million remaining on Brian Cardinal's contract. NY Daily News

Both ESPN.com and SI.com have made mention of the fact that the Hawks have to either be willing to pay Smith a salary starting in the $11 million range or risk losing him to another team (Philadelphia) or others seeking a potential sign-and-trade deal to snatch away one of the Hawks' major players. Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Shooting guard. This is priority No. 1 [for the Magic]. Mo Evans likely will not return after doing a decent job last season after arriving in a trade from the Lakers. Keith Bogans, to no one's surprise, decided not to opt out and will make $2.9 million in the last year of his deal. He could be trade bait, tossed in to a deal to make the numbers work. J.J. Redick wants playing time, even if he must go elsewhere, but the Magic are not intent on moving him. Hedo Turkoglu also could play the 2, especially if Tony Battie's return means Battie is back starting at PF and Rashard Lewis is moved back to the 3. Orlando Sentinel

Accomplishing that to any serious degree will almost certainly cost Phoenix either Leandro Barbosa or Boris Diaw. In any such deal, the Suns would likely be looking for a "two-for-one" scenario - netting something that would help now and help later. Teams such as Portland and New Jersey reportedly have an interest in Barbosa, while Toronto and Charlotte might be tempted to pick up the final three years and $36 million on Diaw's deal. East Valley Tribune

The Suns might be more interested in center Rasho Nesterovic, who has only one year left on his $8.4 million deal, as a backup to O'Neal. That would mean looking for Nash's backup elsewhere. East Valley Tribune

Both Diaw and Barbosa were favorites of former Suns coach Mike D'Antoni, so there was natural chatter about either or both winding up with him in New York. But while the Suns would covet the Knicks' No. 6 overall pick, the other components for a deal don't match up. East Valley Tribune

The Suns also have an $8.1 million trade exception from the Thomas deal, which can be used until July 22. But teams under the cap that could absorb the exception are few and far between. East Valley Tribune

The Suns are hoping their two draft picks from last year, forward Alando Tucker and guard D.J. Strawberry, will make strides this season and become part of a rotation that will likely grow to nine players and perhaps involve as many as a dozen at certain points. East Valley Tribune

Sources said Heat president Pat Riley made a number of phone calls on Monday trying to gauge what was available to the Heat at No. 2 after finding out that Shawn Marion will not opt out of his contract. ESPN.com

The Clippers have a player that Riley covets deeply in Elton Brand. A deal that swaps Brand and the No. 7 pick for Marion and the No. 2 pick could be another alternative for Riley if he isn't comfortable with Beasley. ESPN.com

Sounds like the Suns and Clippers are talking about a deal that would send the No. 7 pick and Corey Maggette to Phoenix for Barbosa and the No. 15 pick. That deal only works if Maggette decides not to opt out of his contract this week. If he opts out, Maggette couldn't be signed-and-traded until mid-July. ESPN.com

Gilbert Arenas isn't leaving Washington, despite opting out of the last year of his contract, which would have paid him around $13 million next season. Arenas and the Wizards have secretly agreed on a new multi-year deal, according to a GM friend of Washington executive Ernie Grunfeld. ...

I don't like the Suns, but they sure are entertaining around the draft. Trade rumors abound with those dudes.
pimp.gif

Bynum already said he doesn't care if he doesn't get a max deal and that he's willing to take less money to help the team. All he cares about is being a Laker.
yea, sure

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Suns and Clippers are talking about a deal that would send the No. 7 pick and Corey Maggette to Phoenix for Leandro Barbosa and the No. 15 pick, according to ESPN.com[/font][/font][/font]

If this move gets done, and the Lopez to the Supersonics report is true, then Phoenix has to be eyeing Bayless in this spot. Hometown product and all.

Maggette is as good as gone, and Barbosa can do everything Maggette does, and can run the point. A position they need help at.

Sounds like a good trade to me.

I thought the rockets had the best defense last year. if tmac had any balls in his sack, they would have went deeper into the playoffs....

they need to trade tmac for redd already...

Boston was.

Double teaming Yao, Redd would make the opposition pay.
pimp.gif

If the Indiana/Toronto trade goes down, I will denounce Raptorism.
laugh.gif

Not a bad trade, but JO hasnt proven that he can last a full season. Ill believe it when I see it

I heard rumor that Danny Granger may possibly be involved in the deal as well... Thats the only way I will like the trade, if we get Granger. The hell with JO,I want Granger.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

and Barbosa can do everything Maggette does
I'm going to have to disagree there.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

For the most part, I mean.

Magette can guard bigger guys, attacks the rim, and gets to the free throw line a lot, but Barbosa can also attack the rim, too.

And can hit it from behind the arc. Something Magette doesn't really do.

And can help at the point spot, instead of relying on a Brevin Knight, a coming back from injury Livingston.

It's not that far a drop off IMO.

But the moving back 8 slots from 7 to 15 is kind of counterproductive.

I expect to hear more news out of Chicago once the draft is over........Bulls better make moves.

Not a bad trade, but JO hasnt proven that he can last a full season. Ill believe it when I see it
because TJ Ford has? Giving up TJ isnt a bad deal if you can get a productive JO in return. Dude was averaging like 13 or 14 and 8 on one legbefore he shut it down.

Originally Posted by Scottsauce88

because TJ Ford has? Giving up TJ isnt a bad deal if you can get a productive JO in return. Dude was averaging like 13 or 14 and 8 on one leg before he shut it down.
Im not saying TJ has. But the great thing is, if TJ goes down, Jose can step up and fill the void. If you see the games that Jose was the starter, dudehad almost identical numbers as to what TJ put up, just in a different way.

If we had a backup to JO somehow, who would be able to fill the void if and when he goes down, then I would like the trade. But knowing BC, he is going to keepa team of Euros who do nothing but shoot, and dont play D.

I just dont see the deal working out. And if it does go down, we can forget free agency for a while. 44 mil is a chunk of salary

Im not saying TJ has. But the great thing is, if TJ goes down, Jose can step up and fill the void. If you see the games that Jose was the starter, dude had almost identical numbers as to what TJ put up, just in a different way.
that's the point. You have a pg who is ready to step in and take over TJ's spot. TJ is injury prone anyways, but to be able to trade himfor a career 20 and 10 player would be a hell of a deal since you guys dont really have a low post player. Sorry, but Bosh doesnt play well enough in the postto be considered a good low post player. He shoots a lot of jumpers and will be an awesome compliment to a healthy JO, but right now I think a JO type playeris who you are missing. I think you forget that last year the price tag for JO was Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum. Here is JO's stat line since he came tothe Pacers
[table][tr][td]Year[/td] [td]Team[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]Min [/td] [td]M[/td] [td]A[/td] [td]Pct[/td] [td] [/td] [td]M[/td] [td]A[/td] [td]Pct[/td] [td] [/td] [td]M[/td] [td]A[/td] [td]Pct[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Off[/td] [td]Def[/td] [td]Tot[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Ast[/td] [td]TO[/td] [td]Stl[/td] [td]Blk[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]PPG[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]2000-01[/td] [td]IND[/td] [td]81[/td] [td]32:36 [/td] [td]5.0[/td] [td]10.7[/td] [td]46.5[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0.1[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]2.9[/td] [td]4.8[/td] [td]60.1[/td] [td] [/td] [td]3.1[/td] [td]6.7[/td] [td]9.8[/td] [td] [/td] [td]1.2[/td] [td]2.0[/td] [td]0.6[/td] [td]2.8[/td] [td]3.5[/td] [td]12.9[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] 2001-02[/td] [td]IND[/td] [td]72[/td] [td]37:36 [/td] [td]7.5[/td] [td]15.7[/td] [td]47.9[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0.2[/td] [td]7.1[/td] [td] [/td] [td]3.9[/td] [td]5.7[/td] [td]68.8[/td] [td] [/td] [td]2.6[/td] [td]7.9[/td] [td]10.5[/td] [td] [/td] [td]1.6[/td] [td]2.4[/td] [td]0.6[/td] [td]2.3[/td] [td]3.7[/td] [td]19.0[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] 2002-03[/td] [td]IND[/td] [td]77[/td] [td]37:12 [/td] [td]7.9[/td] [td]16.4[/td] [td]48.4[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0.1[/td] [td]0.3[/td] [td]33.3[/td] [td] [/td] [td]4.8[/td] [td]6.6[/td] [td]73.1[/td] [td] [/td] [td]2.6[/td] [td]7.7[/td] [td]10.3[/td] [td] [/td] [td]2.0[/td] [td]2.3[/td] [td]0.9[/td] [td]2.3[/td] [td]3.6[/td] [td]20.8[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] 2003-04[/td] [td]IND[/td] [td]78[/td] [td]35:42 [/td] [td]7.8[/td] [td]18.0[/td] [td]43.4[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0.2[/td] [td]11.1[/td] [td] [/td] [td]4.5[/td] [td]5.9[/td] [td]75.7[/td] [td] [/td] [td]2.5[/td] [td]7.5[/td] [td]10.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]2.1[/td] [td]2.3[/td] [td]0.8[/td] [td]2.6[/td] [td]3.2[/td] [td]20.1[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] 2004-05[/td] [td]IND[/td] [td]44[/td] [td]34:47 [/td] [td]8.8[/td] [td]19.4[/td] [td]45.2[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0.1[/td] [td]16.7[/td] [td] [/td] [td]6.7[/td] [td]8.9[/td] [td]75.5[/td] [td] [/td] [td]1.9[/td] [td]6.9[/td] [td]8.8[/td] [td] [/td] [td]1.9[/td] [td]3.0[/td] [td]0.6[/td] [td]2.0[/td] [td]3.9[/td] [td]24.3[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] 2005-06[/td] [td]IND[/td] [td]51[/td] [td]35:17 [/td] [td]7.5[/td] [td]15.8[/td] [td]47.2[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0.1[/td] [td]0.2[/td] [td]30.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]5.1[/td] [td]7.2[/td] [td]70.9[/td] [td] [/td] [td]2.0[/td] [td]7.3[/td] [td]9.3[/td] [td] [/td] [td]2.6[/td] [td]3.0[/td] [td]0.5[/td] [td]2.3[/td] [td]3.5[/td] [td]20.1[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] 2006-07[/td] [td]IND[/td] [td]69[/td] [td]35:36 [/td] [td]7.2[/td] [td]16.5[/td] [td]43.7[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0.1[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]5.0[/td] [td]6.5[/td] [td]76.7[/td] [td] [/td] [td]2.2[/td] [td]7.4[/td] [td]9.6[/td] [td] [/td] [td]2.4[/td] [td]2.9[/td] [td]0.7[/td] [td]2.6[/td] [td]3.4[/td] [td]19.4[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] 2007-08[/td] [td]IND[/td] [td]42[/td] [td]28:41 [/td] [td]5.4[/td] [td]12.2[/td] [td]44.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0.1[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]2.9[/td] [td]3.9[/td] [td]74.2[/td] [td] [/td] [td]2.0[/td] [td]4.8[/td] [td]6.7[/td] [td] [/td] [td]2.2[/td] [td]2.5[/td] [td]0.5[/td] [td]2.1[/td] [td]3.1[/td] [td]13.6[/td] [/tr][/table]

I dont know how many 20 and 10 players you guys have on your team, but when healthy JO is one.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Could the Suns actually be doing something intelligent in regards to the draft?
eek.gif

God I hope so. After all the bad decisions the last few years with the draft.
Originally Posted by Kookcle

Barbosa is NOT a point he cant run an offense

Word.

Back
Top Bottom