Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Lakers fans make me sick, think they can just get whoever is good.
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Also, I don't believe that source, it's no where else on the web.

Nice pick-up for Toronto.

TJ had to go and they got a former all-star player.
It will be interesting to see how he plays with Bosh and if he can get back to form.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Also, I don't believe that source, it's no where else on the web.

I'm not sure if its real or not either...either they just broke the story or made it up....But it is a new york news site/source and he is more thenlikely in New York...

anyone from NY can confirm if this paper/source is legit?

O'Neal has a lot to prove now.

That makes two jump shooting big men starting for Toronto, 3 if you count the first one off the bench
smile.gif

At least one plays D though (when he's on the court).

I think with JO coming to TO, he is going to be forced to play down low on every play.

Only a good pick up if he stays healthy. Again, like everybody said a few pages back, thats a major MAJOR if.

With Jermaine O'neal now a Raptor and assuming he will be the starting center, expect automatic defeats against Boston, Cleveland, Dallas, Detroit,Houston, L.A. Lakers, Miami, New Orleans, Orlando, Phoenix, San Antonio & Utah.

Originally Posted by AJ23ToKB24

With Jermaine O'neal now a Raptor and assuming he will be the starting center, expect automatic defeats against Boston, Cleveland, Dallas, Detroit, Houston, L.A. Lakers, Miami, New Orleans, Orlando, Phoenix, San Antonio & Utah.
laugh.gif

Mike Miller, Josh Howard, Baron Davis and Michael Redd are on the trading block and the Cavs aren't even mentioned except for Al Harrington.
And which of those guys, other than maybe Mike Miller, do you expect to be able to get with the limited trade assets Cleveland has at itsdisposal?

Yall wetting your pants when he ain't even opted out yet.
laugh.gif

There's only one source that's saying he's opted out, and it comes days after saying he's 99% sure he's not opting out.

Yall never satisfied..
grin.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Yall wetting your pants when he ain't even opted out yet.
laugh.gif

There's only one source that's saying he's opted out, and it comes days after saying he's 99% sure he's not opting out.

Yall never satisfied..
grin.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I just love the way Artest plays. He's a warrior. He battles & plays HARD. Plus he's from NYC & went to St. John's
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

whoa......and he wasnt supposed to opt out

i still dont think he'll sign with lakers........but wow. any team that gets him will improve.

Originally Posted by AJ23ToKB24

With Jermaine O'neal now a Raptor and assuming he will be the starting center, expect automatic defeats against Boston, Cleveland, Dallas, Detroit, Houston, L.A. Lakers, Miami, New Orleans, Orlando, Phoenix, San Antonio & Utah.

indifferent.gif
alien.gif

Peter Vescey, should have known.
smh.gif

[h2]Ron Artest Doesn't Want Your Mid-Level[/h2]
Posted Jun 22nd 2008 11:20AM by Tom Ziller
Filed under: Lakers, Kings, NBA Rumors, LosAngeles
ronartest-tz-180.jpg
In Marc Stein'sbriefing on what the Lakers should/will do next, the ESPN scribe ventures into territory made possible by a certain King's penchant for talking andtalking and talking. The not-unexplored land Stein rolls into: Ron Artest as a Laker.

In the past week, several reports have insisted Ron-Ron might act like the card he is, opt out of his $7.4 million contract with Sacramento for 2008-09, andtake a mid-level exception (starting at $5.5 million, or thereabouts) with a contender like L.A. or Dallas. Stein confronts the consideration head-on:
Artest followed up our Tuesday interview with an e-mail Thursday in which he said: "Even if I was to opt out, which probably won't happen, I will never accept a mid-level exception. So people trying to figure out possibilities should get that out of their heads."

If Ron-Ron changes course (HOOPSWORLD has reported his camp is considering it), hewon't have a choice. The Kings won't be taking back salary which extends past next summer in any sign-and-trade deal. Teams aren't going tomortgage the farm for an enigma like Artest. Philadelphia and Memphis ain't throwing their free agent money at Ron-Ron. And no one else can offer more thanthe mid-level, barring some impromptu cap-clearing.

If Ron's agent has his wits about him (no comment), he won't let Artest opt out. The best case really is for Artest to get traded (in July orFebruary), rally a team in vicious success, and get an anxiety-ridden long-term deal from that team. If Artest instead opts out and refuses to take anythingless than what he thinks he's worth, it's going to be a long, long summer.

[table][tr][td] [h2]Artest 99% sure he's not going to opt out[/h2] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ron Artest - F - SAC - Jun. 18 - 1:38 am et[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Kings forward Ron Artest, attending Tuesday night's Game 6 of the NBA Finals, told ESPN.com that he's "99 percent sure I won't opt out of my contract" this month to become a free agent July 1.
The Kings don't appear to be likely to extend him right away, but it does sound as if Artest will be back with the Kings this season, and will then probably become a free agent after next season. Jun. 18 - 1:38 am et
Source: ESPN.com
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Dear Mr. Artest,

Come play with your former teammate, Jermaine O'Neal.

We will pay you with lots of blubber, and an igloo that is of most comfort.

Sincerely,

The entire Ice mass of Canada.

Back
Top Bottom