SLAVE BABIES as GATOR BAIT

Damn I had never heard of that and I wish I could still say it.

It takes some evil people to harm a child. But I must say it takes the spawn of Satan to use helpless children as bait.

I thank God I was not born in this era. I can only wonder now if any of my ancestors were used like this.

Damn I had never heard of that and I wish I could still say it.

It takes some evil people to harm a child. But I must say it takes the spawn of Satan to use helpless children as bait.

I thank God I was not born in this era. I can only wonder now if any of my ancestors were used like this.

Originally Posted by likethematrix

you guys are so +*%+#%$ silly.
none of this stuff was done to you personally so why you so up in arms about this.
honestly you didnt give a single #**# till now.
there are kids in other countries goin to the same @#!% like right this second.

and according to your logic (im talkin to all yall) stuff like this from the past, that didnt affect YOU PERSONALLY, is reason to PUNISH people who HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT?

i really wish we could just have one big nt summit... cause i swear

.....ftr, i am VERY invloved in my own ancestry. i even made a thread about it back in Feb '09. ive had an ancestry.com account for 5 years now andd have done extensive work on my roots and my ancestors. 

- why do i bring this up you ask? it sobers one up once you try to trace back your history and once you get into the mid 1800's cant look up your ancestors in U.S. Census records because your people were deemed property. back then putting one of your slaves on a census record was as silly as putting your iPod on one today.

.....you also are faced with ancestors that had x amount of children but certain ones just 'disappeared'. it even says so within some family biography's (if you can find them). but we all know what disappeared really meant or could mean. at that moment you cant help but appreciate your life while understanding just how simple it was for your own life to have never existed if some white person had deemed one of your ancestors wasnt fit to live along the way.

^ once you look at it this way, you see the (sometimes) 100's of lives effected by one white persons descision to hang on of us....or burn us to death....or drag us to death.....or (yes) put us in a cage as infants. when i look at some of my greatX5 grandparents, and how some of them had MULTIPLE siblings 'disappear', that could have just as easily been my greatX5 grandparent instead of his sibling.

none of this stuff was done to you personally so why you so up in arms about this.

and according to your logic (im talkin to all yall) stuff like this from the past, that didnt affect YOU PERSONALLY, is reason to PUNISH people who HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT?

.....ftr, i am VERY invloved in my own ancestry. i even made a thread about it back in Feb '09. ive had an ancestry.com account for 5 years now andd have done extensive work on my roots and my ancestors. 

- why do i bring this up you ask? it sobers one up once you try to trace back your history and once you get into the mid 1800's cant look up your ancestors in U.S. Census records because your people were deemed property. back then putting one of your slaves on a census record was as silly as putting your iPod on one today.

.....you also are faced with ancestors that had x amount of children but certain ones just 'disappeared'. it even says so within some family biography's (if you can find them). but we all know what disappeared really meant or could mean. at that moment you cant help but appreciate your life while understanding just how simple it was for your own life to have never existed if some white person had deemed one of your ancestors wasnt fit to live along the way.

^ once you look at it this way, you see the (sometimes) 100's of lives effected by one white persons descision to hang on of us....or burn us to death....or drag us to death.....or (yes) put us in a cage as infants. when i look at some of my greatX5 grandparents, and how some of them had MULTIPLE siblings 'disappear', that could have just as easily been my greatX5 grandparent instead of his sibling.

I teach 8th grade US History and include this in my unit on Slavery... very disturbing and shocking

The thing to remember is that during the era they viewed slaves as PROPERTY and not PEOPLE (in now way am I trying to justify what was done, just simply shedding light on the different perspectives during that era)

I teach 8th grade US History and include this in my unit on Slavery... very disturbing and shocking

The thing to remember is that during the era they viewed slaves as PROPERTY and not PEOPLE (in now way am I trying to justify what was done, just simply shedding light on the different perspectives during that era)

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

"Get over it, bro. That was hundreds of years ago"...
..."the struggle for gay rights is the same thing Black people went through - how can you not see that?"

"All in all, slavery wasn't that bad - at least they got free housing..."
"My struggle for civil rights was much harder than yours!"

"Look! We're OBVIOUSLY the most discriminated against."

See, that's a dumb game.

I never said anything of the sort...
...but you're not Black are you?

..."the struggle for gay rights is the same thing Black people went through - how can you not see that?"

See, that's a dumb game.

Learned about this in my Social Minorities class this past semester...and yeah most of the other students were shocked as well.

My sister teaches History in New Orleans to high school students and one of her goals is to educate brothers and sisters of our history. I'm sure she'll find this interesting/disgusting...

I almost shed a tear listening to this. Thanks for posting OP.

My sister teaches History in New Orleans to high school students and one of her goals is to educate brothers and sisters of our history. I'm sure she'll find this interesting/disgusting...

I almost shed a tear listening to this. Thanks for posting OP.

Learned about this in my Social Minorities class this past semester...and yeah most of the other students were shocked as well.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

ok. thats cool.
but what does all this knowledge do except make you feel bad?

do you like to be reminded of this stuff or would you rather break free from that old history?

i cant feel you bro.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

ok. thats cool.

do you like to be reminded of this stuff or would you rather break free from that old history?

i cant feel you bro.

See, that's a dumb game.

No...

...but you're not gay, are you?

See, that's a dumb game.

No...

...but you're not gay, are you?

ok. thats cool.

i cant feel you bro.

....understand, my comments were directed at your claims of:

- i was never 'up in arms' about anything

....i did. its you that didnt.

- since you were talking to all of us, i NEVER said i wanted ANYONE to be punished.

...and how would anyone know what did and did not affect us personally if they didnt research it for themselves? as stated in my previous post these thing did affect us on a personal level, tracing your roots shows this....in great detail.

.....? you swear what? i wont try and assume what you mean so please elaborate.

.........but to answer your question:

ok. thats cool.
1. but what does all this knowledge do except make you feel bad?

2. do you like to be reminded of this stuff or would you rather break free from that old history?

3. i cant feel you bro.

1. bad feeling about it aside i am now less ignorant than the day before about my history. does it feel bad....sure. why is that supposed to stop me from wanting to educate myself on my ancestors?

2. ....i HAVE broken free bruh.

3. i know you can't, i didnt/don't expect you to.

- and in all honesty i really would like to see more posts about what you really think and how you really feel. im dead serious, let us know
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom