sneaker pimps returns to dc after 5 years :: saturday, july 18th (18+)

J Paycheck, I appreciate those props.

I really do work hard t make Everyday Pple a respectable brand.

I know people could peep me over there selling shirts like they were the last ones ever! I veen think that attracted people to the table.

The table tents with signage, the black sheet draping, the business cards and flyers...all make a difference, I agree.

The attention to detail wins.

Along with the fact that I let people know how much I appreciate their support.

I remember returning buyers...where I remember them from, and the conversations we had. It all helps.

I'm glad HustlinFlip was honest with the raffle. I saw dudes over there tryna get over.

Funny thing happened.

To my right, was the dude selling the Durkl tees and hats.

When I set up my table with a sign that read $20, he immediately flipped his sign around to read $10. I died internally from laughter.

He even gave me a tee before he left. I have to open the bag to see what color it is so I can rock it this weekend.

J Paycheck, for real...people are just NOT spending much money these days.

I have like 30 pairs of kicks to sell. I refuse though, in fear they'll under-sale.

ALSO. I TOOK MY SHIRT OFF BECAUSE I WAS HOT AS EVER!!! CARRYING THOSE BINS IN THERE. Not to mention, it was 1,800 degrees in there.

When I stepped outside after the event, it felt like I had stepped INSIDE an A/C cooled building.

DC Star temperature FTL.

Overall, you have to call that joint a success. There were definitely some issues with the line, but I was extremely fortunate to be able to skip it and make asmooth entrance into the venue (Shouts to The Paxtons!). And shouts to Ian who I saw making the rounds and putting out fires. I think I even saw him on thephone putting out fires at Cmonwealth. lol

The major difference between this one and the one in B-More two years ago was that there seemed to be less exhibits. It could be the size of the venue vs.Sonar, so who knows. There also seemed to be greater attention being put on the performances rather than the exhibits. I saw a few folks on Twitter saying thesame thing.

Performances

I would have liked to have seen RAtheMC perform, but I think everyone else did their thing. The highlight to me was The Clipse. It was the first time I hadever seen them perform live, so I would have been good off of just seeing them. Phil Ade also did his thing. Dude had live instrumentation that took his showto a level higher than when he opened for Wale at the 9:30. and his mixtape is a pretty good look as well.

If you didn't make it to the B-More or DC shows stops of The Attention Deficit tour, then you basically saw what you missed at those stops on Saturday. Theset was obviously shorter, but it was just about the same in how it started and finished. Young Chris was unexpected, but not surprising. He did his two versesas usual and UCB did Sexy Lady. I agree with LaVan, Chillin' gets a really good response live. For those of you that are interested, hedid reference the haters, but he didn't go into any NT specifics.

I was shooting the breeze during J-Cole and XO's set, so I really have nothing to say about what they did or didn't do. It was my first time hearinganything from Kingpin Slim. Some of it was alright, some of it was Chris Paul. I will however "Beam Up" on the 28th to see what's really good.

The People

The crowd was pretty diverse. There were cool people, there were stuck up people and there were people who had no idea what was going on outsideof it being the place to be. I'm sure there was a lot of feet glancing at this one, but I knew people this time around, so I didn't pay them any mind.lol

Shouts to MyT, Harm City, Hustlin Flip, J Pay, LaVan, DC Shoechick, Willito (hadn't seen you since last B-More D.A.R.), C Money, Shuman, Dizzy, andShabooya! Good to see yall.

Shouts out to Lucas and Durkle and Mike who had the table in the corner with the O's "Locals Only" tees!

Shouts to Everyday Pple!

Shouts to DJ Heat for killing the decks everytime she got on!

There's probably others that I am forgetting to mention, so I apologize.

Sales

LaVan definitely did his thing. He was definitely the most successful of the night. Lucas seemed to be moving product as well. J Pay was definitely trying!When he called me over and was telling me what he was selling ### for, I was kind of blown. I definitely didn't see those Hawaii's over there, or didI?

As for why more shoe transactions weren't happening, who knows. I swore 50% of the dude carrying around a pair of shoes on the box like serving trays weregoing to get robbed when they left.
roll.gif

All in all, I had a good time, but I'm "old" and getting out of the house is good enough for me.
roll.gif

I'd like to start off by thanking JPayCheck for holding me down prior to and throughout the event. Good lookin' out homie!

It was nice to finally put faces to SN's, and SN's to real names... although I probably won't remember the correlation the next time I'll meetyall.

I'm a legit dude, always have been and will continue to carry myself as such.

I'm not going to disclose how much I received from raffling the DMP's off, but I will let yall know that it's nothing close to what I could'vesold them straight up for.

Even when I cut the price of a raffle ticket down to $10, I gave the dudes that initially paid $20 another ticket.

The winner was a dude that wasn't even into shoes, even had dudes offering him crazy lowball amounts after I annouced his ticket and confirmed he was thewinner @ 2AM. Congrats to him though, he said he will keep them but I wouldn't be surprised if he took a stab at eBay or something to turn his $10investment into something more.

If taking a loss means carrying myself legitly, then that's what I did and that's the path I will always take.

Got a few peeks in for the music acts and they all seemed on point from where I was... but then again my attention was divided between the raffle and trying tosell shoes to a crowd that was fakin' harddd big time.

Shout outs to JPayCheck, Harm, Scott Scotch, Willis (if that was you with Harm), MyT, Lavan, and them other dudes to the table next to me.

Special thanks to everyone that contributed to my raffle, even those that contributed because they saw I was taking a loss... I appreciate it guys!
smokin.gif

I'm definitely NOT coming to another event like this to sell, unless the venue is big enough and there is an ATM machine on site.
tongue.gif

Best believe I will be in attendance for the next one tho...
Originally Posted by lavan emanuel

for real...people are just NOT spending much money these days.

QFMFT!
frown.gif

Lavan I will be copping some shirts either this paycheck or next... promise!

grin.gif

HustlinFlip...cool.

I sold about 7 tees using the credit card machine.

1 tee using Paypal.

The other 16 was cash.

J Paycheck, sorry I was unable to come back to the table. Once the show started, I was in the booth the entire time. I guess the no ATM in the buildingwould've killed things too though.

Originally Posted by HARMCITY45

I tried to be on my best behavior....

Almost got put out the venue ....

Twice at that....

smh.gif
AND NO IT WASN'T BECAUSE OF WALE....... I didn't even see dude til he got onstage... Sound was terrible but the Band was
pimp.gif
Even did a lil 2 step
Did you yell get off the stage or get your Kufi slapped off Harm?

lavan emanuel wrote:
for real...people are just NOT spending much money these days
1999 - 2006 has come and gone. Ain't the "easy cotton candy" as it used to be. Gotta pick and choose your spots. Still $$$ outchea...

Cost of table didn't break even with potential sales at ALL.

After DTLR switched game week of, I'm glad I chose to go down South after reading the stuff here and the "real" reviews via phone...

"STARS" in the limelight still dim as a mug...

^^^I made a trade for my table.

2 Sneaker Pimps flyers...

The event had some loose ends but was still a success I think.

I really do think iCan was the thread that held it together though.

I feel like the folks that run the venue didnt help make the event any better.

It's actualy a venue that I hate.

I think they are so used to Go-Gos being there, and that type of crowd that they carry the same attitude for all events.

Folks aint fighting at a sneaker event. Mainly because most folks in there know each other.

So, security couldve chilled - a lot.

Originally Posted by J PayCheck

OOhh yea, copping a Gatorade comment reminded me... if I had one "complain" is that I felt the bar in general was overpriced... big time! I won't get into it (or how much I paid for what) but I felt that stuff was pricey (and I aint a cheapskate). It's expected you pay more for Remy at a club, but jeeezz how much more.

and @ Im Not You, I'm sure there were many like you, which is fine... like you came for one of the two reasons to come to such an event (either the shoes/show or both)... but I expected more people interested in purchasing.

Props to you... I came in with a full paycheck lookin to go home with something new.. I remember your table cause of those prices, if only they were my size,besides that though the other tables were generally speaking just real weak.. Only thing I was interested in was this one guys white cement 4s but he wanted450.. Overall disappointed in the "sneaker" portion of the night, but $15 to see the Clipse upfront is ok with me anyday

^
If the seller reads this thread PM me.

I'll take them if its an 11, cash in hand.

My right foot crumbled on the back part of the sole @ my high school reunion celebration in May....

thanks to all who attended Sneaker Pimps DC...

special shout to dj heat. love this woman!!

As for my thoughts....

i digress..

smile.gif

one of my fav pics by far...

258z3pu.jpg

Back
Top Bottom