sneaker pimps returns to dc after 5 years :: saturday, july 18th (18+)

I dug the show. I did not dig the volume.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ Text Messaging Screen comments

nerd.gif

Just got back. Cool event just not for me. I was invited by the marketing director from Sneaktip but he flaked out on me but thankfully Malice held it down w/the guest list. Those text messages on the screen made me chuckle a few times. Must've been alot of NT'ers in attendance. Interview coming soon.

I must be in the minority then. I never go to sneaker events like this, probably won't again. Good to kick it with everyone and Will had me
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
when he told me he sent a text message to the screen sayingHARMCITY apologizes to Wale or something of that matter. I think it woulda been better IMO if I didn't have to lug around boxes of sneakers. YO! DF!
nerd.gif

It was a cool event. I never come out to these things either, but I must admit that Sneakerpimps was on point. I copped a DURKL shirt for 10 and oh yeah theyhad beer for $2!

My ears were still ringing even after I got home lol. Everybody rocked it but Wale rocked it the hardest. Caught me a "chillin" shirt...probably giveit to my little sister or somethin lol Was Young Chris supposed to be there?

I did not even stay to see Wale, UCB, or the Clipse perform. Kingpin Slim held it down though.

That text big screen was too much.
laugh.gif

smh.gif
at the guys that payed for VIP at sneakerpimps.
laugh.gif
Me and my peoples, and the NT fam kept it nice and warm for thosebammas.

Harm, you are off the hook. "That balled head girl with the measuring tape around her head"
sick.gif
roll.gif

There was alot of shoes for sale, just to bad nothing in my size.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

I did not even stay to see Wale, UCB, or the Clipse perform. Kingpin Slim held it down though.

That text big screen was too much.
laugh.gif

smh.gif
at the guys that payed for VIP at sneakerpimps.
laugh.gif
Me and my peoples, and the NT fam kept it nice and warm for those bammas.

Harm, you are off the hook. "That balled head girl with the measuring tape around her head"
sick.gif
roll.gif

There was alot of shoes for sale, just to bad nothing in my size.
eyes.gif

a lot of shoes for sale? I don't think I'd go that far.. to the dude who did the raffle just curious as to how you made out?

I messed wit it...it was just something to do...I sent alot of msgs to the screen too...Some of them they didn't put up like "Did Wale just go onniketalk lol"

I must've missed all the funny NT messages while DJing. Only ones I saw said stuff like "Who here from NikeTalk" or "shout your NT"name. Stuff like that.

i know i threw the good ol airmaxin up there when Wale was on, and i was ji mad because i was tryna move , but this brolic as camera man was in my way trynaget diff angles.

Originally Posted by xAiRMaXiNx

i know i threw the good ol airmaxin up there when Wale was on, and i was ji mad because i was tryna move , but this brolic as camera man was in my way tryna get diff angles.

lol... hopefully a video recap will be floating around soon....

That %+! was wack. Sound was wack, best part may have been Harmcity trying to win some DMPs and me buying some Everyday PPLE tees.

Originally Posted by Willis03

That %+! was wack. Sound was wack, best part may have been Harmcity trying to win some DMPs and me buying some Everyday PPLE tees.

Dev getting busy on the floor had me
laugh.gif
. BBoy diddy bopping and what not
roll.gif
roll.gif

How about the bamma that got on stage and couldn't recite 8 Biggie bars? Dude looked like Em in the beginning of 8 Mile. And paying 20 bucks for parkingFTL. I'm never going to one of these again. I'll see y'all at the next DAR.

laugh.gif
Harm fried her *@% forrollin her eyes at him
roll.gif

Overall it was pretty chill, Spent way to much money at the bar ($15 for each cup of henny
tired.gif
) but I guess I enjoyed myself a lot more so +%$% it..

Was tired as hell after cuz my ex came through and was grindin during the whole wale and clipse set...

J Cole, Wale and the Clipse all jah killed it, can't wait for that 'Til the Casket Drops'
pimp.gif

Wasn't that many ppl sellin shoes so I probly would have came off if I had a table but oh well...

First, shout out to iCan for running point on a lof of the happenings for Sneaker Pimps DC. He puts on for the city.

I may have had the most interesting night of anyone there.

I wont even expound.

Through it all, Everyday Pple was able to move 24 tees. Alomst 27, but this guy who wanted 3, had some Credit Card issues. aka. Declined.

Mind you, I set-up my table at 10:45pm.

Phil Ade had the crowd moving.

Wale's set was as usual. I couldn't see though, because of where my table was.

But, I partied anyway, Chillin' (live) really gets the crowd moving. Like for real.

Sorry, ilovehiphop43, but I had my camera to shoot the whole show...but due to circumstances, I had to work my table alone.

The only pics I took were of Phil Ade' - because he had on one of my tees.

J. Cole was hot! Never even heard of the dude. I was impressed.

^Not to be on it... but you was kill'n it (w/ the sales). Probably the only dude that really sold (& got the shout out, I heard it). I peep ya thoughand appreciate ya hustle, those small but important details (business cards out, signs, nice bags with logo, CC machine on hand, table set-up properly, etc)and professionalism... keep doing it. You came in the latest and probably made more or just about the same as those of us there since, early. Son, but keepya shirt on... taco meat out
smh.gif

I was going to refrain from posting in this thread about the event for various reasons and just because "I'm tired" after this weekend... butsince I was a vendor at the event I'll say a "little" something...

Big-ups to Ian, I know he was busy (had a long day) but he attended to my request/questions without complains (before and during the event). Appreciate it andit was good doing "business" with you.

The event was a good one... like there shouldn't be complain about it (not saying there won't be) because it turned out to be what it was suppose tobe... a sneaker related event, with shoes aficionados and the expected type of crowd turned out (if you know what I mean)...

...You had those that was just checking other people feet, you had those with the big black marker X on the hands, you had the young chicks that don't knowany better, the snotty ones, the few fine ones, the sweet ones, the hired model ones, the 8 to 2 men over ladies ratio, the old heads still trying to hold onto their youth, the dudes that had every shoe and was "just looking", the "connected" and I'm "VIP" kind, the "I'llbe back" buyers, the "hustlers" (some dude bought some cool 3s greys I had for a 100 and came back without them - think he flip'd them), thedudes that had no idea the value of the shoes and just complain or "didn't get it", etc. lol... but it was all fun.

The performances from what I could see did there thing too and gave the people their money worth (for what they paid)... most importantly everyone expected toperformed, showed up.

From a vendor perspective, no one was buying, keep it a 100... not just @ my table but I ask the folks near by and no one was selling. The thing was, I hadhawaiis, send help, anderson for $80 bucks, AF1s for $60, Jordan's for a $100 (and most DS), Jordan 1 package for $1freaken60, just to name a few... so Ijust don't get it... perhaps it was the size I had available, perhaps I didn't have the stuff people wanted, perhaps it was the fact people didn'thave cash and kept asking for ATM (and I didn't know if there was one), the economy, OR the fact I had stuff so low priced that they was doubting it... whoknows. In the end I did sell more then a couple pairs and made some money BUT it wasn't worth my work, time, effort, so def. it was the first and lasttime I give that a shot... BUT I will support the next Sneakerpimp by attending and having fun.

Again, good seeing some familiar and new faces.. Harm, Scott, Tommy, Heat, Lavan, Ian, Hustlinflip, and anyone else I met.

OHHHHhhh... also someone asked how much Hustlinflip made on the raffle I won't say, I don't know, I have a general idea but I let him respond... BUT Iwill say this, I respect dude much more because he was a trustyworthy partner AND more importantly he did that raffel the legit way... son was being offeredmoney to fix it (by a couple folks) and didn't even take it.

On ANOTHER NOTE (and VERY IMPORTANT to me)
grin.gif
... my nephew, if yall recall late last year I shared a video of him doing workin the boxing gym... well, he had his first fight on Saturday and won!
pimp.gif

Think that's it, for now. Peace

^^^^^If you had anything in a 12, I would have copped damn near your whole table. lol

Who ended up with the DMP's ?

To be honest I didn't even stop at a table...I walked in, copped a gatorade and went right to the stage

OOhh yea, copping a Gatorade comment reminded me... if I had one "complain" is that I felt the bar in general was overpriced... big time! I won'tget into it (or how much I paid for what) but I felt that stuff was pricey (and I aint a cheapskate). It's expected you pay more for Remy at a club, butjeeezz how much more.

and @ Im Not You, I'm sure there were many like you, which is fine... like you came for one of the two reasons to come to such an event (either theshoes/show or both)... but I expected more people interested in purchasing.

Back
Top Bottom